Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

2devs1engine

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dear Vault Dweller.

I, a concerned citizen, am writing this letter to you to share my thoughts about the work of your life.
After watching a Dead State video yesterday I have had a deep emotional experience.
It grieves me deeply that a man using the same engine as you can do without teleports into ambushes, teleporting past whole areas and an uninspired simplistic combat. His game has noise and morale. In his game you can sneak past zombies and survivors all on your own without skip levels dialogue prompts. And he did all that in twice as shorter time.

You suck cock.

With respect,
M. Craze

likaq

Arcane
Haters gonna hate...
And obligatory:
metalcraze.png

:M

Severian Silk

I have a theory that the teleporting is just there to make testing easier, and that VD is just trolling us by not mentioning that it will be removed when the game gets released.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't understand how skyway hated Wasteland 2's video yet liked Dead State's.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I like how the machete only deals like 6 damage on zombies while the hammer deals 40-something.

Someone should send Brian some pictures of skulls split open like a coconut with a machete.

I like how the machete only deals like 6 damage on zombies while the hammer deals 40-something.

Someone should send Brian some pictures of skulls split open like a coconut with a machete.

That sounds about right. Anyone who can do damage with a machete can do much, much more with a sledgehammer. There is a magnitude of difference in power delivered.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It still fucks you up immensily. Zombies are borderline stationary targets, it shouldn't take like 10 machete attacks to kill them.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Someone should send Tim Cain pictures of peoples bellies torn open by shotgunfire. Way tto unrealistic to be able to endure multiple of these shots in Fallout. Quickly add a picture of someone getting hit by a minigun too, way too unrealistic this gaem!!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Make him shoot a gun and then reload and then think again which action takes longer and should cost more AP.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'm sure you can deal better damage with a machete, but you need to roll an afroamerican to unlock the corresponding bonus.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Heavily abstracted mechanics are the best mechanics.

But those zombies did take too long to kill. Brian said in the final game they'll have fewer hitpoints than the minimum a human can have and they never level up, so there's that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom