Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News 25 second Dragon Age: Origins trailer is up

Lumpy

Arcane
I don't get it. Are they fucking with our brains or something? Why is the second trailer just like the first only a bit different?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shannow said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36128.html

The second teaser is up.

What the.... ?!?!?!
I thought the first one couldn't be beaten in LotR mimicry, but this is.. just... wtf?
I can only repeat: What The Fuck.

Again, I like the dark atmosphere... but why the mimicry? WHY?!

Lumpy

Arcane
thesheeep said:
What dark atmosphere? It's dark because it's night. The plot seems (note, seems) as light-hearted as they come.

thesheeep said:
Shannow said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36128.html

The second teaser is up.

What the.... ?!?!?!
I thought the first one couldn't be beaten in LotR mimicry, but this is.. just... wtf?
I can only repeat: What The Fuck.

What's the difference between the first and the second? I see the same battle scene.

Shannow

Waster of Time
sportforredneck said:
What's the difference between the first and the second? I see the same battle scene.
No spitting into the face of evil.
And I have to agree with skyway for a change. Because the teaser plays at night and you (or at least I) can't see shit does not give the game a "dark atmosphere". It is just dark.

Lumpy

Arcane
In this one they release the dogs and the troll doesn't spit in the king's face.
Must be a metaphor or something.

Lumpy

Arcane
Hey guys take a look, I've found a piece of dark atmospheric fantasy artwork:
ScreenShot600.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Thier plan is about as stupid as the trailer. Big castle? Check. Lots of archers? Check. Open the gates and charge the enemy? Check!?

Morbus

Scholar
BioWare has always been one of the worst trailer-makers in the gaming scene... Just check every single Mass Effect trailer for proof. Man, do those suck.

aboyd

Liturgist
J1M said:
Big castle? Check. Lots of archers? Check. Open the gates and charge the enemy? Check!?
What if the whole "open the gates and charge" part was just a ruse from an illusionist who wanted to draw out the enemy so that the (real) archers could easily wipe them out? What if once the intro was over every single remaining orc was dead but one, and you took on that role? What if the game is about exploring the loss of entire cultures as mankind overruns other races, and how a last survivor might integrate into a civilization that hates him?

Dragon Age: Genocide

I'd buy it.

Lumpy

Arcane
aboyd said:
J1M said:
Big castle? Check. Lots of archers? Check. Open the gates and charge the enemy? Check!?
What if the whole "open the gates and charge" part was just a ruse from an illusionist who wanted to draw out the enemy so that the (real) archers could easily wipe them out? What if once the intro was over every single remaining orc was dead but one, and you took on that role? What if the game is about exploring the loss of entire cultures as mankind overruns other races, and how a last survivor might integrate into a civilization that hates him?
Then it wouldn't be a Bioware game.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
aboyd said:

Dragon Age: Genocide

I'd buy it.
Hope dies last, eh?

abstract

Scholar
Why does every single cinematic cutscene of a medieval battle in the history of video gaming feature people in heavy armor and with heavy swords simply shouting "UAAAARRRRJGJGJGJGJG" and running towards the enemy with no hint of tactics or organization of any kind? I know it's not supposed to be realistic but asdfshsahfdhasdhsdad.

RainSong

Scholar
abstract said:
Why does every single cinematic cutscene of a medieval battle in the history of video gaming feature people in heavy armor and with heavy swords simply shouting "UAAAARRRRJGJGJGJGJG" and running towards the enemy with no hint of tactics or organization of any kind?

Because all of them are made in US, a country with no history or any idea of medieval ages.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lumpy said:
aboyd said:
J1M said:
Then it wouldn't be a Bioware game.
The Obsidian-made sequel?

NOVD

Scholar
Wait, so what is with the "Origins"? They're planning to make a trilogy or something out of Dragon Age, then?

Otherwise, it's just a trailer of a big battle involving demon-like things. Still, at least we know that there's some long-standing blight in the setting. I guess that's pretty much indication of what the main quest is going to be about, probably.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
wut real infos ? seeing army s clash in a cutscene/script = eeeeeepic.
seeing gameplay mechanics = booooooring.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I am willing to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt - I am fine with a relatively familiar (if not somewhat cliched, judging from the teasers) premise, provided every other aspect of the game is, by contrast, decent.

Having said that, what they've shown thus far is pretty underwhelming.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Re: Huh?

Shannow said:
Foamhead said:
RainSong said:
another generic fantasy rpg from bioware? who cares?

What do you mean "another"? The only other fantasy they have done was their Dungeons and Dragons games, both of which are highly acclaimed.
Yeah, the highly acclaimed NWN OC was awesome and felt generic in no way. But you said "both". Ah, you mean the highly acclaimed KotOR. Which was awesome too, but it only used the fantastic D&D ruleset. It wasn't a D&D game.
By "both", he obviously meant NWN and BG.

RainSong said:
Because all of them are made in US, a country with no history or any idea of medieval ages.
Whether a country wasn't around during the medieval ages is completely irrelevant. Anybody can look up in the history book or speak with a historian to learn how medieval battles were fought; it's just that most are too lazy to learn about it. Check out Glen Cook's (an American) Black Company book. Near the end of it there's a huge fucking battle with around 250,000 people but the defending side uses actual battle strategies instead of charging right into them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
RainSong said:

Oh, but they have a grand idea of that. Everyone knows that during the medieval ages, Americans were constantly popping up, because they were travelling back in time, landing at King Arthur's court and showing cell phones as "MAGICKZ"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom