Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review 13 Shocking Facts about Fallout 4 That Will Forever Change the Way You Think about RPGs

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Longest article I never read. Skimmed the bold points and read the last paragraph though and I agree that FO:4 was garbage. Srsly tho, there's a detailed review and then there is War And Peace: The Video Game Review.

And shoving five screenshots into every break just ensures I will scroll past them without looking at them closely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Couldn't imagine putting 234 hours in it though, enemy variety isn't good enough and there are not nearly enough incentives to keep playing for that long, at least not for me. Scavenging around ignoring the story gets stale after about 40-50 hours, even if you are as easily amused as me.

I'm a compulsive restarter and I always aim for a perfectionist playthrough.

Fairfax

Arcane
Couldn't imagine putting 234 hours in it though, enemy variety isn't good enough and there are not nearly enough incentives to keep playing for that long, at least not for me. Scavenging around ignoring the story gets stale after about 40-50 hours, even if you are as easily amused as me.

I'm a compulsive restarter and I always aim for a perfectionist playthrough.
Aka OCD. You're inflicting 234 hours of Fallout 4 upon yourself for no logical reason.
I hope your insurance covers it.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Found this on onlysp.com:
Bethesda have also confirmed that more DLC is in the works, which will be released later in 2016. The Creation Kit, which will allow you to create mods on a PC, and for the first time in the series allow you to share and play them across all platforms, (it has still yet to be properly confirmed that mods are coming to PS4), is also still on track and new details will be revealed soon.
My hope is that something substantial can be created once that is out.
After all, the engine seems to be more capable, and if scripting capability would be on par with that of Skyrim, at least something better could come out of this.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Fallout 4 is an open world sandbox adventure with some CRPG and shooter elements, not a full fledged CRPG.

Absolutely true. While F3 tried to be, or better to say pretend to be an RPG, F4 stop such pretending, that's why I like it MUCH more than F3.

Which games would you compare it to? New Vegas? Witcher 3? DA:I? Minecraft?

Totally not New Vegas, they oppose each other extremely. More Maincraft then anything else.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
and for the first time in the series allow you to share and play them across all platforms

I smell bullshit and/or castration, because there's no way that Microsoft / Sony's going to allow Loverslab in their living room.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
and for the first time in the series allow you to share and play them across all platforms

I smell bullshit and/or castration, because there's no way that Microsoft / Sony's going to allow Loverslab in their living room.
Probably will be a collection of hand picked and Beth approved mods available on other platforms. And penises and tits wont be among them.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This article is clearly a hoax.
There is simply no way Bubbles spent 120+ hours on this game and managed to somehow remain left with enough IQ or sanity to write such a good article.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I don't even know what's going on in that thread. People getting butthurt over a decision?

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
+2000
Whew, this whole thread is an angry place. I almost don't want to comment, BUT:

This particular mission did feel like a "classic" FO quest.

There was: -insanity -a skill check -some fetching -a sudden combat sitch or two -comedy -a specific reward -a radio shout out -further insanity -that uniquely Fallout "what the balls am I even doing" feeling

It was a good time. Would enable crazy bots again.

Edit: This whole thread is no longer an angry place. Hooray for the uniting power of a multi-ton death machine that thinks it's Horatio Hornblower! Huzzah
We need to kill all humans NOW.
There's no hope.

"that uniquely Fallout "what the balls am I even doing" feeling"
wtf am i even reading

pippin

"that uniquely Fallout "what the balls am I even doing" feeling"
wtf am i even reading

When I played FO1 for the first time and arrived at Vault 15 I asked myself that tbh. Had the same feeling when arriving at the Glow. There's very few instances of this in future fo games, including 2. It's not just the retarded attempts at humor... New Vegas had very few moments which kind of felt like this, like some Vaults, but you still kind of figure out everything and have resources at hand so you don't get lost or kill yourself on the way.

Once again, I must say FO4 was a failure and there's no use in denying that. Potential for modding is fucked since most relevant stuff is apparently hardcoded, and since there's no word on how the cross-platform mod thingy will work, we only have to assume it will go like shit. There's absolutely nothing to be optimistic about when it comes to this game.

Apexeon

Arcane
FO4 and FO3 are just games with fallouts corpse wrapped around a FPS fetch quest engine.
And as the great unwashed love the "see gun, collect gun, shoot gun" gameplay we can expect more.

Playing or paying for F03 and 4 is just joining in on raping a dead corpse.
Its just plain wrong and just like real life it will lead to a sense of emptiness and strange smells.
Let it go and get yourself a "I never will buy another Fallout game tattoo".

As for Bestatards FO3+4 so called success that is a myth. Everything today is a RPG now.
If you have to unlock or collect **** you can slap a RPG tag on the game.
The only thing the RPG tag does is cause me to visit the doctor for blood pressure medication (shifting through Steams mountain of shit).

FPS shit "destiny" sells.
Hallo shit sells.
COD sells.
The new crap "the division" which is fucking called a RPG sells.
The fps known as Skyrim sells.
Gears of tWitcher sells.
Boderlands sells

Last edited:

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Actually, Fallout 4 is the most literally post-apocalyptic game. It is the mutated monster that crawls out of the ruins of the Decline Apocalypse. Just like with any mutant/zombies/whatever, it is what still resembles the former self what freaks us the most.

But don't worry,

mods will fix it

Valdetiosi

Scholar
Great review upon this game. I would have excepted Bethesda to learn from Obsidian a thing or two but being too naive has it's downsides.
Fallout 4: Apocalyptic Boogaloo with upcoming DLCs that just reshares the ideas of previous games or works of modders.

CaveRat

Barely Literate
Okay, this review is so brilliantly spot-on I just had to register myself and say that I wholeheartedly agree with it. And I know what I'm saying because I have 115 hours of F4 in total on Steam, consisting of 4 different playthroughs I just couldn't bring myself to finish. Except one of course, to see the ending.

This game in vanilla state is a disaster and I'm afraid there just not much room for improvement.

And hello to you all.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Why can't people, especially codexers get hold on themselves and just not play this shitty game?

At least TES has their own unique lore, but Bethesda's Fallouts are just dissecting corpse of your loved one and then shitting on the bloody parts.

200 hours hitting yourself and jumping into sewage 7 times

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too true. Even if you've got nothing better to do and try to just squeeze what little fun you can out of this once you turn your brain off, you're really only bound to get 20 hours tops. Any more than that and I worry for you, lad.

Turjan

Arcane
Okay, this review is so brilliantly spot-on I just had to register myself and say that I wholeheartedly agree with it. And I know what I'm saying because I have 115 hours of F4 in total on Steam, consisting of 4 different playthroughs I just couldn't bring myself to finish. Except one of course, to see the ending.
Whose alt is this? This meme already got old during the Oblivion days.

Also, you haven't played it seven times yet, so thanks for your preliminary opinion. Just to get this out of the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom