Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1.4 and the new options

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Will try that

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
thathmew said:
I think there's a chance that the 1.41 patch is not entirely happy, if you are having issues and have a fast enough connection I would definitely recommend re-installing the full 1.41 version and if it does correct issues let me know, it's kinda hard to test out on this end.. I have seen this once before with one of our testers and I believe it's a cumalitive problem with the patching utility. This may fix some of the seemingly very random issues cropping up.

<sigh>
-mat

It did correct some strange things, such as the Power of Flame magic not damaging bandits, but I'm still getting frequent crashes and lock-ups.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well That fixed my problem with talking to the blacksmith but other odd bugs are popping up now. :\

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Azael said:
Er, scratch that, now it seems like flame finger and other flame spells don't work on bandits, again.

Yeah, reinstalling the full seems to make flame finger work for a few sessions on bandits, then it stops.

Because of that, I bet Mat will be tearing his hair out to find it.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
Talking to the blacksmith is still crashing one game, but I have another party that can talk to him.

The party having the trouble was made around verson 1.2, and the one that isn't is post 1.41 so maybe thats the problem.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
The party having the trouble was made around verson 1.2, and the one that isn't is post 1.41 so maybe thats the problem.
hmmm. That's interesting. I have no idea what it means yet, but it might help. Thanks for the notice, I have some old saves I can check it out with.

-mat

Fantasm

Novice
thathmew said:
hmmm. That's interesting. I have no idea what it means yet, but it might help. Thanks for the notice, I have some old saves I can check it out with.

-mat

Just as another data point, I first started playing with the full 1.41 version (downloaded it just last week), and my party has just made it to Citadel, and the blacksmith is crashing for me too. Same thing, when I ask why he retired it aborts with this message in a small Fatal Error dialog box: "Bad Arg to String, not a string"

Good luck, this sounds like a fun bug...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom