Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1.4 and the new options

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
What do you think of the new options available in the 1.4 patch? They're pretty much all things requested by various folks at different times on the boards here, so I'm hoping you like them. <grin>

let me have it,
-mat

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Okay, I've found some things that may or may not be bugs..

When bandaging a party, is it possible that anyone with a MEDICAL skill gets a raise? Because a few times Guard Bill's bandaged the party and Nylias and another party member have gotten a skill increase.

There seems to be a problem with the red overlay on the monsters that are 2x2, like the Eyedrops. It doesn't fit over them when they're diagonal.

The XP requestor option thing doesn't seem to work.

I have a repeatable crash bug. I can't buy three Guardian Large Shields at one time from Barrier arms without getting a crash. When it asks how many I want, and I hit the check mark, it crashes.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
When bandaging a party, is it possible that anyone with a MEDICAL skill gets a raise? Because a few times Guard Bill's bandaged the party and Nylias and another party member have gotten a skill increas
yes, anyone with medical may improve. It's assumed that they're "assisting" and learning from whomever is actually doing the bandaging.

There seems to be a problem with the red overlay on the monsters that are 2x2, like the Eyedrops. It doesn't fit over them when they're diagonal.
ah, good catch, I hadn't been in that specific case somehow. Dern it.

The XP requestor option thing doesn't seem to work.
Are you sure? I've checked on both my machines here and turning xp confirmation to "off" in the options/configure screen does eliminate the "spend xp" message for me.

I have a repeatable crash bug. I can't buy three Guardian Large Shields at one time from Barrier arms without getting a crash. When it asks how many I want, and I hit the check mark, it crashes.
Odd, I haven't seen this, but I'll look into it.

thanks,
-m

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I've gotten enough feedback to declare that the 1.40 is stable and I fixed the issue with the large creatures full body selection so I'm calling it an official 1.41 patch and also upgrading the full version download to 1.41.

If anyone else has any info on the 3 shield purchase issue or can duplicate it on their end, let me know, I haven't been able to here.

cheers,
-mat

alebrown

Novice
Well, kind of a "me, too" on the shield thing...except mine's completely different.
When I go into the Metal Shop or whatever in the first town (sorry, it's late :) and I'm bartering: I have a shield in the top slot and I attempt to buy a Long Knife, I reduce the quantity to 1 and hit checkmark...and I get a Visual C++ debug error. I have not attempted to reproduce this. I have 5 members in the party.
I'd be happy to send in a save game if needed.
Alex

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, I'm getting the Visual C++ debug error as well. I get it when buying things in quantity. I can sell things in quantity without a hitch, though. It's just weird.

I also get the XP thing whether it's off or on, so I'm not sure what the deal is there. I even tried toggling it, with no luck.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Are there problems buying and selling not in quantity?
This is very odd particulary as I didn't touch any barter or item code.
investigating.....
-mat

reaver

Novice
Patch 1.41 Good job

I like the game even better now,
although not all suggestions have made it. :cry:

About the music option u should leave it default on (cannot be set in configure screen?),
newbies probably think there's no music whatsoever!!!
<Can be set from 0 to 1 in the "defaultgamedir"\gui.ini file.>

The mouse seems to be more stable now, 2 thumbs up;
2 bad there 're still too many crashes, 1 down.

Looking forward to the successor, :P
have fun developing.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I found a scripting error in the Leit house thing. I got the quest to get back the glasses for the leader of House Leit, but I never did it. I voted for that house in the election, and was given the Ancient Library quest. I completed that quest, and returned to the leader of House Leit, who asked me if I'd completed the library quest. I said I had, and I got the quest complete dialogue from him for the glasses quest and an annotated book on the Ancients.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Okay, another bug.

My Acolyte, for some reason, can no longer hit humans with Flame Finger/Snake/Fountain. I know this was a bug in previous versions, and it supposed to be fixed a while ago, so I'm wondering if maybe the patches themselves didn't update a data file dealing with this since I've patched all the way from 1.0. I'm downloading the 1.41 full version now, so I'll just uninstall what I have an install the 1.41 full download version.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I'll send you a save file.

EDIT: Yup, installing the full download version fixed that glitch.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Welp, I was wrong. It didn't fix it. The problem seemed to have started after I put on leather armor, but switching back to the black robes doesn't seem to fix it. I'm not sure what the deal is, but Flame Finger/Snake/Fountain all work against hoppers and other animals, but they don't work on Bandits at all.

I haven't tested it to see if it works on other humans or not, but it definitely doesn't work on Bandit/Thug/Thief/etc. types.

reaver

Novice
Flame magic

Confirmative Saint_Proverbius.

My Acolyte, for some reason, can no longer hit humans with Flame Finger/Snake/Fountain.

I do seem to have the exact same problem.

hmm. looks like the bandits are immune or something.
Perhaps they all have the Flame-bloodline. lol :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I also had a problem with buying multiple quantities. I had only once though when I was buying guardian plate boots (or some guardian foot wear). Whenever I set quantity at 3 and hit 'ok' icon, the game crashes and c++ debug window comes up. It always worked with 1 item.

As for the exp points confirmation, it resets itself when you restart the game. You have to go to congif menu, and although it set on 'off', you have to "refresh" it, then it works again till the next time.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Re: Flame magic

reaver said:
I do seem to have the exact same problem.

hmm. looks like the bandits are immune or something.
Perhaps they all have the Flame-bloodline. lol :lol:

Hah. Hey, have you tried it on humans that aren't bandits? I've been doing some other stuff, but I'm going to go town kill Kellen for a little bit to see if it's just the bandits.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, I wiped out everyone at the Inn and the Woodshop. They were all vulernable to the FLAME MAGIC. So, right now, it looks like it's only the Bandit types that are immune.

EDIT: Add Eyedrops to that list. At least, the ones in random encounters. I haven't tried it on Eyedrops in sewers.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
New bug!

When the priests perform the ritual of beefing up your Flame Magic guy in The Citadel after you return the body that was stolen by the sewer guy, Tauna's portrait vanished from both the character sheet interface and the main interface. I saved, reloaded, and it's still gone. Her portrait was in the forth slot.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Another bug

Sometimes, especially in random encounters, two enemies will appear in the same location as one another. This normally isn't much of a problem, except it appears they can't move because of this at times, and in cases where there's two sides, a friendly and an enemy can appear in the same square. This often means you have to wait for those enemies or friendlies to fight it out on top of each other before one wins.

Also, I like the caravan encounter, but there's a few bugs in it. The caravan guards never try to fight with the thieves. Also, if you try to talk to the guards, occationally you'll get a "Look in: people.txt" error.

Oh, and Flame Finger spells seem to work on Leader bandits, but they're the only ones.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Improving Stealth to 30 seems to improve Dex not Speed, Improving barter past 30 doesn't seem to improve CHA.

If you ask the smith in Citadel why he retired you get booted to desktop.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I downloaded and installed the full 1.41 version and now all flame spells seems to be working properly.

Still, buying the chain leggings or the warhammer of flame at the Kellen blacksmith crashes the game and pressing the Alt-key while rotating the camera can sometimes result in a lock up of the game where all you can do is rotate the camera and nothing else. Forced me to reboot the computer.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
HanoverF said:
Improving Stealth to 30 seems to improve Dex not Speed, Improving barter past 30 doesn't seem to improve CHA.

I'm not sure you get those attribute raises when you get trained by people or when your attribute raises due to using the skill. If it does, then you definitely don't get a message about an attribute going up.

If you ask the smith in Citadel why he retired you get booted to desktop.

I did that last night, and it didn't crash on me.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I used XP to raise the stats and got no boost.

I've tried asking three times now and each time I end up in desktop.

4 times now, the fatal error message I get is "Bad Arg to String, not a String"

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
HanoverF said:
I used XP to raise the stats and got no boost.

I've tried asking three times now and each time I end up in desktop.

4 times now, the fatal error message I get is "Bad Arg to String, not a String"

That's odd. The answer I typically get is he's retiring because he can't outdo Alves in Kellen, or something like that.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
I think there's a chance that the 1.41 patch is not entirely happy, if you are having issues and have a fast enough connection I would definitely recommend re-installing the full 1.41 version and if it does correct issues let me know, it's kinda hard to test out on this end.. I have seen this once before with one of our testers and I believe it's a cumalitive problem with the patching utility. This may fix some of the seemingly very random issues cropping up.

<sigh>
-mat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom