Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

0 A.D

ever

Scholar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_A.D._%28game%29

Has anyone played it. I'm not currently able to access my gaming machine and I have the old family laptop so I can't try it for myself

Is it good? It looks like a pretty cool AoE clone but I'm not able to make an accurate judgment without actually playing the game

Do people on this forum even like RTS games?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
looks interesting but i doubt anyone played it yet

The game is still under development as of November 2009 and no release date has been set. However, when finished it will be available as a free download.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
ever said:
Has anyone played it.

Is there some form of (closed) beta going on then? Since it's certainly not released for public yet.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like open source AoE. And this may or may not be a good thing. Good graphics. But I am not sure about the chosen era, 0AD? What empires were powerful then that could challenge Rome? Unless they went for alternative world or something.

ever

Scholar
I think its something like the first installment will focus on 300BC-0 and then the expansion will be 0-300AD

But then again I did just make that up

MetalCraze

Arcane
Malakal said:
Looks like open source AoE. And this may or may not be a good thing. Good graphics. But I am not sure about the chosen era, 0AD? What empires were powerful then that could challenge Rome? Unless they went for alternative world or something.

The game will last from 500 BC to 0 AD so it's quite a period

1eyedking

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
Technically there is no 0 AD.
True. It's either 1 BC or 1 AD, and only one year passes when you go from one to the other, which means you must subtract a year to get the correct amount if you go from one time period to the other [ e.g.: 1 - (-1) = 2, which is wrong ].

Elzair

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Malakal said:

The game will last from 500 BC to 0 AD so it's quite a period

Actually, it will take place from 500 BC to 500 AD, so that is even better.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Damn Vampires. Horrid creatures. I avoid them whenever I can. Especially the emotional ones.

Elzair

Cipher
I mean, come on! Open source has produced several great great games ................... like ......... Nethack ....... and ......... Angband. There's also Tuxracer and Bzflag. Plus, there are several FPSs that are kinda sorta decent. There is even a FreedroidRPG. Don't forget Battle for Wesnoth!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I could install this right now with apt-get install 0ad

but 2 gigabytes mang.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Disgusting camera angle. How can anyone play like that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom