Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
octavius
Reactions
10,248 30,835 28 1,373 66 313

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Someone ask this nigga why he is still ignoring me? It’s been 4 years old man.
    Humbaba
    Humbaba
    Ask him yourself
    Zlaja
    Zlaja
    He has 150 people on ignore. Needs a 'safe space' tag.
    How did you manage to fully complete all Wizardry games without feeling bored at the end and moving on? I admire your dedication.
    Atlantico
    Atlantico
    They are very boring games. The lore doesn't help either, omg
    octavius
    octavius
    Huh? Why would I not complete a game that I enjoyed? The only one that became a bit of a chore at the end was Wiz8.
    Humbaba
    Humbaba
    I did a 6-8 marathon and it was pretty good.
    Just wanted to thank you for mentioning Evil's Doom.. it looks like my ideal kind of game, and I'd never even heard of it.
    FUCK OFF U SERIAL IGNORING FAGGOT
    Maxie
    tried being less obnoxious
    A horse of course
    rly? How did it work out?
    Maxie
    18th most ignored posted tied with lyric
    Am I being ignored by you because I like Oblivion?
    Can't object much to that.
    Citizen
    I mean it was an okay movie, wasn't it?
    Darth Canoli
    Darth Canoli
    You like Oblivion? I can't believe it's not a crime in your country, i'm ignoring you right now!
    Thac0
    Thac0
    After we have made Gothic every other action rpg is just sorta the same to us...
    I've actually found my old maps online, and holy shit there are some _comments_ left like 17 years ago. My evening was filled with melancholy.
    Any recommendations on Fritz Leiber stories? Just finished the audiobook of Lean Times in Lankhmar last night and am wanting more. :D
    Gather, Darkness! perchance?
    octavius
    octavius
    Except a few F&GM stories I've only read what he published up until early 1958.

I can recommend Gather, Darkness! Conjure Wife is also pretty good, and is considered the better of his two early novels, although I personally prefer the former. And The Big Time is also good.

Of short stories I particuarly liked these:
    The Phantom Slayer
    Spider Mansion
    Coming Attraction
    Poor Superman
    Sukhāvatī
    Sukhāvatī
    Cheers mate!
    octavius
    octavius
    I have a compulsion to play game in chronological order, but it doesn't mean I don't skip crap or mediocre games. I skipped Arena, for example.

Making a chronological play list means I no longer suffer from choice overload, which in turn means I actually complete nearly all games I start (unless I realize they are crap, of course).
    asfasdf
    asfasdf
    your loss, arena is fun
    octavius
    octavius
    No directional sound hurt my immersion.
    Old profile picture was better.
    unfairlight
    unfairlight
    The new one kinda looks like a knock off store brand demon you bought from LIDL.
    octavius
    octavius
    Some fag removed the option for custom profile pictures. My original one captured my personality perfectly.
    One question, why am i on your ignore list? We seem to agree on most things, and i don't remember ever sparring with you.
    fantadomat
    fantadomat
    Meh,lurkers are annoying bunch. They just spam rate and lack the backbone to argue their points. I too sometimes block such retards. Tho ocatavius does have a safe space list :). I ma curious if he even sees this discussion :)
    Atlantico
    Atlantico
    Haha yeah he probably doesn't see this discussion. The lurkers I linked don't appear to have made any posts *or* ratings, ever. That's why I thought it was strange octavius put them on his safe-space list (any list over 50 must be a safe-space list)
    A horse of course
    He's a CUNT
    You are a poser who is too dumb to know how dumb he is and how tryhard and ridiculous it is for 20 year old to talk about old RPGs and books made long before he was born.
    You are a poser who is too dumb to know how dumb he is and how tryhard and ridiculous it is for 20 year old to talk about old RPGs and books made long before he was born.
    octavius
    octavius
    The little yapper sure is spreading his doggie poop on the Codex tonight.
    octavius
    octavius
    Heh, you are barking up the wrong tree. I'm not that proud of being Norwegian.
    In more recent time we surrendered sovereignty to Brussel, against the will of the people. So the great celebratrion of our constitution (not independence from Denmark or Sweden, which would be more natural to celebrate IMO) rings rather hollow, with all the directives coming from Brussel.
    octavius
    octavius
    But hey, May 17th is a great tradition, and you Swedes are just jealous.
    And Norway is still a sane country, unlike Sweden. Many of us as actually more worried in the short run about our big brother than about our own country. Whatever happens in Sweden always spills over to Norway...
    Luzur
    Luzur
    You are the only norwegian i could identify on the Codex, thats why you got the link. :(
    Those that use the ignore function should get a weeping vagina tag.

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom