Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
DraQ
Reactions
3,451 19,059 11 319 29

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wizardry 8. What's the fix for disappearing RPCs?
    Zombra
    Zombra
    Do you know if Tantris reappears in the same spot where you first recruit him? I'm trying to use the workaround Flunk posted but nothing I do will make him reappear :(
    DraQ
    DraQ
    Which one? I'm not exactly up to date.
    And for some reason I've never really had Tantris in my party.
    Also, why not go ask in the thread? More people will hear you.
    Zombra
    Zombra
    Can't figure out which thread is the real thread :)
    I need help; my search-fu is weak. I'm trying to make Wizardry 8 run in 4:3 on my new rig. I know there's a fix out there somewhere, isn't there?
    zwanzig_zwoelf
    zwanzig_zwoelf
    Most widescreen displays can be forced to 4:3. Check the settings.
    catfood
    catfood
    What video card do you have? If you have nvidia you can go to the nvidia control panel->display->adjust desktop size and position and chosoe "perform scaling" on "gpu". Then set the desktop resolution to a 4:3 resolution. It should work.
    Zombra
    Zombra
    Ah! Changing the scaling to GPU fixed the problem. Thank you gentlemen.
    Why should I play Terra Nova? Also, does it have long-range combat?
    PeachPlumage
    PeachPlumage
    If you don't play Terra Nova, DU will take away your ignore privilege!
    DraQ
    DraQ
    I've already responded in detail in TN:SFC thread, but yes, this too.
    PeachPlumage
    PeachPlumage
    *Salutes*
    I can't brofist you on Pawel's wall so I'll comment you here... where I still have no fist but must bro
    Got you looking through that old thread, did I? Just finished the DC and was annoyed by the abundance of XP rewards for non-critical terminal hacking. Hello everyone, my name is Ninjerk, and I'm a degenerate gamer.
    How's your knowledge of Micheal Kirkbride's TES texts? I've been trying to find one about two warring states that only exists in a story book, to no avail.
    PS. I apologize for my apprentice's unacceptable behavior in the post below. EDIT: I found it, it's "The Republic of Hahd".
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    Comrade, please do your duty by posting on Lumpy's wall asking that I be freed and Liberal returned to Prosperland.
    Oh, donät worry- You will die. YOu will die, you will die...
    DraQ
    AW8
    AW8
    DraQ just aint got time for AW8's shit.
    I've spent the last 3 days searching for Morrowind mods, testing Morrowind mods, and modding Morrowind mods.

Now I think I'm finally done. I have to stop thinking about mods now, or my adventure will never take off.
    You're a real dovahbro, you really light my Dragonfires if you catch my drift.
    AW8
    AW8
    Just wanted to see your reaction to it.

The change to raw glass and stuff is indeed stupid, but pretty minor and I didn't know about it until now.

Started a new game about a year ago, installed BTB's mods and Morrowind Advanced because I thought most of the changes looked great. Some of it fucking drove me nuts though.
    AW8
    AW8
    Retarded shit like Altmer with no weakness to magic (whats glass cannon lol?), no way to enchant constant effects and recharging enchanted items is basically torture since there's no recharge dude as in Oblivion. He's basically gone the Bethesda route and cut out unbalanced stuff instead of balancing them.
    AW8
    AW8
    On top of that, Advanced fills the world with Oscuro's-like monsters which is both good and bad, good because MW needs stronger enemies but bad since every region seems to have creatures that run ridiculously fast and kill your level 10 character instantly. Next time I play I'll dump them both into Oblivion and find some other way to up the challenge, perhaps starting with dragging the difficulty slider above normal.
    Maybe I don't like you much due to some weird unresolved tension (my loss) but at least you give me an intelligent reply.
    I appreciate that.
    DraQ
    DraQ
    No problem.
    You can give me an intelligent reply too to get even, I wouldn't mind getting a discussion rolling.

Arrogant or not, while I don't particularly *like* being proven wrong, I can definitely appreciate it.
    Jasede
    Jasede
    I am still thinking about it. I do think the food/water angle is a good one- a real-time blobber can include more time-based and reflex-based puzzles, and more stress due to food management. But then- you could probably somehow make that work in TB as well. Hm...
    Hey dragon boy.

There is a thread in the adventure section where Richard Guy(the designer of Azrael's Tear) answered some questions me an some other dude did about the game. You might be interested in checking it out .
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom