Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Zombra
Reactions
6,792 25,034 7 812 63 112

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Someday I will get Silent Hill 2 to run bug-free on my PC.
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    I wish I could play it again for the first time. The atmosphere is rivaled by no other, not even stalker. It will stick with you long after you've completed it, will it be your first Silent Hill game?
    Zombra
    Zombra
    No, I played Silent Hill 1 back in the day on the PSX :D
    Barnabas
    Barnabas
    Well you might also like SH 5:Homecoming. Check it out. It's my 2nd favorite. Great atmosphere like 2. Made by different team though.
    I played Star Control 3 last year and I liked the story. #truegamerconfessions
    What if turn-based games didn't have idle animations that made it look like everyone is realistically standing around waiting?
    The Brazilian Slaughter
    The Brazilian Slaughter
    Doesn't nuXCOM kind of does that? I seem to remember it has animations sorta like a soldier in cover, peeking out of it, etc.
    The Brazilian Slaughter
    The Brazilian Slaughter
    I once read a idea for a combat system where melee combat is movement-based. Say, someone tries to stab you, but you dodge. Dodging one hex to the left, or behind. That could TB melee combat a lot more interesting than two waddle dolls standing still and slapping each other.
    Glop_dweller
    Glop_dweller
    I think the problem is a non-issue once the player accepts that the depiction is an abstraction of a situation, and that nobody stands around waiting to be hit. From the character's perspective it all is concurrent; even despite paradox caused by the game mechanics.

Bethsoft user RobOverall made a funny video about it, but I don't think that he ever understood what he was parodying. https://youtu.be/Rmm3kEVDR_M
    Wow, I thought I was going to be a tough guy and play Resident Evil HD Remake on hard difficulty right out of the box. No fucking chance.
    I just had a dream about the original Wasteland arcade game.
    Zombra
    Zombra
    It was from before the days of screens, top-down with a paper board under a glass dome. You operated the game with levers and could pick from one of four characters, playing head-to-head trying to solve a murder mystery in a Western town.
    Your Top 5 PC Games to be played on a tiny laptop with keyboard and/or controller only (while slightly drunk in a hotel room at 2AM):
    pippin
    dosbox should allow that at this point though
    Ellef
    Ellef
    Any thoughts on Hyper Light Drifter yet?
    Zombra
    Zombra
    3 hours in, HLD is great. It's definitely perfect for killing time in the hotel room. Love the art, the music is incredible, the combat is just frustrating enough to make me want to replay every big fight a few times until I beat it. The only annoying thing is the maps are kind of confusing and I'm sure I'm missing a lot. Eh, I can live with that.
    Honey ♥ Select, Illusion Soft's new game about being a preferred customer in a ritzy whorehouse, is pretty good.
    A horse of course
    Meh. You play one Illusion game you've played them all. I don't see significant improvements in the tech or visual quality of their titles tbh
    PULSAR: Lost Colony is very unpolished, still early access, but is fantastic in co-op if you have friends who like Star Trek.
    Vanishing of Ethan Carter is very good if you like this kind of thing. Currently $3 on Humble Bundle.
    Obscure (2004) is a good survival horror game. Really sticks to the Resident Evil 1 & 2 feel. Now on PC; $3 on Steam this week.
    SniperHF
    SniperHF
    Yeah it's pretty good. Also has a funny sort of late 90's high school teen drama theme which isn't used much in games.
    Death Road to Canada is surprisingly good. Some nice RPG elements. Plus it's less than 60MB.
    pippin
    is justin trudeau at the end of the road?
    Turisas
    Turisas
    Did you try the coop, any good? What about the variety when replaying, is there enough of it or are you getting the same random stuff a lot?
    Orobis
    Orobis
    Keep calm and stay the fuck out of Canada.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom