Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion is now a true RPG.

BSOD

Novice
Angthoron said:
Oooh, so Bethesda might have actually done it on purpose as a revolt from the traditional NPC design!

When did I say they do it on purpose? I implied that they don't particularly care.

Unfortunately, the ape-like faces and postures, shitty body textures and sloppy skeloton animation weren't made on purpose. FO3 proves Bethsoft is incapable of producing something better.

Same as above. I could care less about plain-looking females in games, and that's the very least of Beth's problems.

Angthoron

Arcane
BSOD said:
Angthoron said:
Oooh, so Bethesda might have actually done it on purpose as a revolt from the traditional NPC design!

When did I say they do it on purpose? I implied that they don't particularly care.

Was irony directed at Beth. They did it because it was convenient to them, obviously.

Lurkar

Scholar
There actually was one semi-good mod for Oblivion, which had something to do with archeologists or something.

It didn't have good NPCs.
It didn't have good voice acting.
It didn't have a good questline.

But the actual dungeons it added were well done, and, by killing off all music, relying entirely on ambient noises, and adding a new LOOK to dungeons that wasn't the same dark cave / aylid ruin / underground tower, it was actually interesting at, at times, dare I say it, semi-immersive.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Wyrmlord said:
Hory said:
What did you think the redeeming qualities were?
Sneaking up, and doing a critical hit with an arrow from the dark - which is fun for two hours, you must admit.
That is until you try Dark Messiah and experiment good first person melee/bow combat (as long as you don't kick everyone around).

Black

Arcane
That's like... 2 greatest rpgs of all times! And by greatest rpgs I mean overrated hack n slashes.

DraQ

Arcane
racofer said:
Wyrmlord said:
Hory said:
Sneaking up, and doing a critical hit with an arrow from the dark - which is fun for two hours, you must admit.
That is until you try Dark Messiah and experiment good first person melee/bow combat (as long as you don't kick everyone around).
I'd have bought this game if you could play as a furry/scally.

Deleted member 7219

Wyrmlord said:
Hory said:

Indeed. The Dark Brotherhood quests were quite entertaining (and I'd like to stress the difference between entertaining and excellent. The TV show Scrubs can be entertaining, but I don't think it's a classic), and a few other quests were too. But Oblivion is a game that is rotten to its core.

Krash

Arcane
Aaaah Viconia how I long for your pretty pixels! ::virgin::

Oh, and I'm very disappointed in those who dissed the song

And BG2 was awesome

Talonfire

Scholar
Lurkar said:
There actually was one semi-good mod for Oblivion, which had something to do with archeologists or something.

It didn't have good NPCs.
It didn't have good voice acting.
It didn't have a good questline.

But the actual dungeons it added were well done, and, by killing off all music, relying entirely on ambient noises, and adding a new LOOK to dungeons that wasn't the same dark cave / aylid ruin / underground tower, it was actually interesting at, at times, dare I say it, semi-immersive.

You're thinking of The Lost Spires, and I have to agree. I did think that the dungeons started to get as repetitive as Oblivion's after the third Spire, though.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A released game lives by the fan-base it attracts.

Thus thief has lots of amazing focused gameplay mods and total conversions, and this has that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Wizard said:
LittleJoe said:
Viconia [...] rape.
and suffer rape she did.
bg2 was so grimdarkgritmature.
I never quite got if it was true or not. The mind of Gaider is unfathomable. Actually it was nice not knowing for once. I like ambiguity in such a black+white + plus sharply edged grey game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom