Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is BioWare this inbred and retarded?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Serious_Business said:
What? He's right.
Most so called elitist or intellectuals on the internet or elsewhere for that matter are just people who didn't get over being alienated as teenagers. So they find refuge in pseudo high culture, supposedly being aristocratic in nature, when it's really just their capacity to adapt socially that is at fault. They're not smart or take the time to learn and be something, they just get a kick out of feeding their superiority complex by identifying a 'mass' versus 'the intellectuals' (sometimes it's just a 'mass' versus 'me', which is even more hilarious), when in fact they are part of the sheep themselves. RPG codex is even more funny because it bases this kind of ominous pseudo intellectual shit on games, and games are not art or high culture in any way, so it makes the whole thing even more ridiculous than it has to be.

I think most of us just want to play good games, but yeah, enjoy your delusions...

1eyedking said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Bad art is stil art
Isn't "bad art" bad because it isn't art?

Nope. It's still art, just like a shitty car is still a car. Art =! stuff we like. You're thinking of "ART!", which is something liked by people of fine taste such as the codex. But "art" can't be defined, you can't say what's art and what isn't. You're free to refuse to have shitty art in your house, but it's still art.

If someone takes a dump on a canvas and says it represents the struggle of man against his inner beast, it's art.

Here, a irrelevant shitty comic that won't help my point but will totally give me the upper hand on this debate because a cartoonist shares my opinion

http://sexylosers.com/246.html

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Warden said:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/gscinema/default.aspx?gscRef=true&gscID=dragonageorig_trailer5

Enjoy "Dragon Age Origins - Writing an Epic".
:shock:

CINEMATIC GENIOUS

also "Inon Zur, Composer"

Warden

Arbiter
Why does Gaider effeminately nod his head repeatedly after he says something? Is it a subconscious try to convince himself of the things he's saying?

Arcanoix

Scholar
I'd rather talk about Gaider and how I pronounce his name "Gay-dur", and for good reason.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
ever said:
So what's wrong with Hollywood?

Its like if something is popular, successful or actually good in any way people here will hate it.

Is it because if you like obscure things that you feel like you're in on an exclusive club and that makes you feel like you have some "inside" knowledge that other people aren't privy to? Is it because of a jealousy towards success? Is it because by not liking successful things is the only way you can justify yourself not being successful, because that way you can say other people are to stupid to ever recognize true genius (liek the one you think you hold?

Really someone tell me the psychology behind the masochistic mentality that leads people to do very irrational things like watch indie movies, play indie games or listen to noise music

BRO DON'T FEEL BAD SOME PEOPLE AREN'T SMART ENOPUGH TO LIKE GOOD STUFF I MEAN I ONLY DRINK GREY GOOSE THAT IS WHAT I DO UNREFINED PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT

Zomg

Arbiter
Snobbery (or criticism) is a game; the object is to increase the status of your stuff decrease that of others. Every media object you've ever consumed has been the domain of that game.

Quilty

Magister
How the fuck can this game have poorer graphics than GTA4, a console port? Look at those models, they're fucking hideous.

piydek

Cipher
When is this annoying "ever" retard going to get his already too-well deserved DUMBFUCK!!! tag?

piydek

Cipher
He seems to be trying too hard to be a common troll. Anyway, dumbfuck him, ban him, anything to make his shit either non-existant or at least labeled correctly.

Krash

Arcane
Quilty said:
How the fuck can this game have poorer graphics than GTA4, a console port? Look at those models, they're fucking hideous.

Maybe it's because the game is supposed to be played zoomed out?

Krash

Arcane
piydek said:
When is this annoying "ever" retard going to get his already too-well deserved DUMBFUCK!!! tag?

Why? Because he disagrees with your precious opinion? DUMBFUCK!!! tags are for genuine dumbfucks (see previous dumbfuckenings for reference)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Krash said:
piydek said:

Why? Because he disagrees with your precious opinion? DUMBFUCK!!! tags are for genuine dumbfucks (see previous dumbfuckenings for reference)
Bingo.

Quilty

Magister
Krash said:
Quilty said:

Maybe it's because the game is supposed to be played zoomed out?

Well then it would be a good idea to make their cutscenes in CGI because this looks awful. And I'm not even a huge graphic whore, but come on, emphasizing a game's bad graphics in every trailer is simply stupid.

But, then again, they have to zoom in to show us the blood spatters, I guess. :roll:

Ohlie

Novice
Zomg said:
Snobbery (or criticism) is a game; the object is to increase the status of your stuff decrease that of others. Every media object you've ever consumed has been the domain of that game.

"The only winning move is not to play."

But play we do. Maybe it's tribal instinct?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom