Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age - Second Novel: The Calling

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board. ... did=102230

BioWare and Tor Books announce Dragon Age: The Calling, a prequel novel for Dragon Age: Origins. With the previous release of Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, this will be the second novel based on the fantasy-themed RPG, which might normally be considered a testament to its popularity, except Dragon Age is planned for release in early November, weeks after the October 13 release date for this prequel novel. Like The Stolen Throne, The Calling will be penned by David Gaider, the lead writer for the game itself. The press release has full details.

And write he did.... again.

Lurkar

Scholar
Maybe if we luck out, Gaider will like writing books so much he'll stop making games?

Arem

Scholar
In Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, Maric set out on a mission of vengeance against the faithless lords who were responsible for his mother’s death. Now, having reclaimed the throne, King Maric finally allows the legendary Grey Wardens to return to Ferelden after two hundred years of exile. When they come, however, they bring dire news: one of their own has escaped into the Deep Roads and aligned himself with their ancient enemy, the monstrous darkspawn. The Grey Wardens need Maric’s help to find him. He reluctantly agrees to lead them into the passages he traveled through years before, chasing after a deadly secret that will threaten to destroy not only the Grey Wardens, but also the Kingdom above.
Sounds promising!

Darkion

Augur
Lurkar said:
Maybe if we luck out, Gaider will like writing books so much he'll stop making games?

Darn it, you made me teary eyed, that has been my unfulfilled dream wish for so many years!

Lurkar

Scholar
Emotional Vampire said:
Also, XXX: name is fucking annoying.

I think the reason they keep doing Dragon Age: Shitty Name Here is because they're trying to turn Dragon Age into a full blown IP. They've spent a lot of marketing hyping up the setting for them to just throw it out.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Angthoron said:
They could maybe like release the game first or something.

no first they need a readme for the combat demo, then the combat demo, then the real demo, then the readme for the full game, then the game

aboyd

Liturgist
215545807_mfV2q-L-2.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Drew Kasryspyn vs David Gaider, which one is better and why? Discuss.

kris

Arcane
Jaesun said:
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=102230

BioWare and Tor Books announce Dragon Age: The Calling, a prequel novel for Dragon Age: Origins. With the previous release of Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, this will be the second novel based on the fantasy-themed RPG, which might normally be considered a testament to its popularity, except Dragon Age is planned for release in early November, weeks after the October 13 release date for this prequel novel. Like The Stolen Throne, The Calling will be penned by David Gaider, the lead writer for the game itself. The press release has full details.

And write he did.... again.

If anything a potentional reader should be worried about the rate he puts out books. Especially since he is involved in the game making too. Just writing fast isn't a problem, making sure it is quality is.

Liberal

Barely Literate
Arem said:
In Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, Maric set out on a mission of vengeance against the faithless lords who were responsible for his mother’s death. Now, having reclaimed the throne, King Maric finally allows the legendary Grey Wardens to return to Ferelden after two hundred years of exile. When they come, however, they bring dire news: one of their own has escaped into the Deep Roads and aligned himself with their ancient enemy, the monstrous darkspawn. The Grey Wardens need Maric’s help to find him. He reluctantly agrees to lead them into the passages he traveled through years before, chasing after a deadly secret that will threaten to destroy not only the Grey Wardens, but also the Kingdom above.
Sounds promising!
fuck i gotta buy this book

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Just today I went to a bookstore and spotted a Mass Effect novel. Horrible things.

I continue to be amazed that they don't plaster "INSPIRED BY BESTSELLING FANTASY A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE" all over the backcover, but then Martin might take exception to that.

Quilty

Magister
Lesifoere said:
Just today I went to a bookstore and spotted a Mass Effect novel. Horrible things.

I continue to be amazed that they don't plaster "INSPIRED BY BESTSELLING FANTASY A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE" all over the backcover, but then Martin might take exception to that.

The notion of Gaydar's shitty books being on the same shelf with Martin's wonderful works makes my brain sick with violent thoughts of ripping off his fucking toupee and shoving it down his throat.

Warden

Arbiter
Quilty said:
The notion of Gaydar's shitty books being on the same shelf with Martin's wonderful works makes my brain sick with violent thoughts of ripping off his fucking toupee and shoving it down his throat.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Poor Gaider...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom