Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Think EA and Bethesda are Gestapo?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Then check out what the devs of one mmorpg called Tibia decided to do:

www.tibia.com said:
Our privacy policy specifies in detail which information we collect from our players and for which purposes we can process and use this information. Every Tibia player has to agree to this policy upon creating a Tibia account.

We have now revised our privacy policy and would like to inform you about the most important changes:

Paragraph 2 of the privacy policy deals with usage data that is automatically determined and transmitted when you use any of our services. The type of usage data that we store has now been extended to include data about hardware and software of the user's computer system. We will mainly use this data for anonymous statistical surveys, for error analysis and the optimisation of our services.

Paragraph 6 deals with the usage of personal data for conducting marketing actions. In the revised version of the privacy policy, the way to subscribe or unsubscribe a newsletter has been specified. It is currently not possible to subscribe to a newsletter, but we will offer such a service in the future.

Paragraph 8 deals with the transfer of data to third parties. We added to this paragraph that we pass on IP addresses, data about requested web pages and other related usage data to third party services for traffic and log analysis to compile anonymous statistical surveys about the usage of our online services. An example of such a third party is Google Analytics.

Paragraph 9 refers to changing the privacy policy. The wording of this paragraph has been altered to emphasise that the new privacy policy will apply to any user who has not revoked his or her declaration of consent within 30 days after the changes have been officially announced.

As it is explained in the old version of the privacy policy and the new version of the privacy policy, these changes will become effective in 30 days, on April 22, 2009.

Which basically means, "please install tonnes of spyware that will keep track of all your personnal data, hardwarez, programmez and internetz and will send it to unspecified third parties all over the web or leave our ubergame alone". Hilarity inc. And the most hilarious thing is that most people will probably keep playing anyway, since they have brain malfunctions.

Not to mention the fun that would ensue in case of a hack-attack of their databases.

Luzur

Good Sir
...uh-huh. and to think i was on the verge of trying that game too.

have they decided to aid the FBI in finding MMORPG'ing pedos?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Luzur said:

God, don't. I used to play it for a while some years ago when it was tolerable, but then it turned into absolute utter shit, and apparently, it's been declining even further since then.

Luzur

Good Sir
Darth Roxor said:
Luzur said:

God, don't. I used to play it for a while some years ago when it was tolerable, but then it turned into absolute utter shit, and apparently, it's been declining even further since then.

i guess its back to UO on a free server then.

Luzur

Good Sir
last time i played it was 2001, and it was still very popular back then, on the server i played on there was something like 1000 (not really sure/dont remember but they where alot) people logged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom