Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's how we handle things. Does Solon or Urash recognize this greenstone?

nikolokolus

Arcane
soon and Urash's World Lore: roll [1d100] = 56%, [1d100] = 73% normal successes, only Urash has any inkling of what it might be (he has arete in World Lore)

Urash rubs his chin and postulates that greenstone has known properties that make it a particularly potent repository for magical energy, even reputedly drawing energy from the earth itself. However the function of this particular stone is beyond him. Perhaps it has religious significance?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

nikolokolus

Arcane
Make a move quietly roll if you want to sneak up on him and attack him at +50% to whatever skill you want to use (and he can't parry or dodge) or whatever else you can think of. In general you can always just tell me what you want to do and then I'll figure out what you need to roll.
Move quietly : [1d100] = 37 vs 39
Borric thumps the wagon driver on his head.

Brawl roll [1d100] = 53 vs 129, nonlethal damage: [1d3] = 3 +[1d4] = 2
Major wound means knocked the fuck out!

Borric sneaks up behind the driver and smashes him in the base of his skull with his elbow. The man slumps forward and the wagon slowly grinds to a halt when the mules stop being urged on. Borric turns the wagon around and drives it back up the hill.

nikolokolus

Arcane
You have 6 prisoners, 4 men got away on horseback, your improvised defenses at the gate are in place, you have 2 wagons, 4 mules, 9 horses, 6 mundane suits of black lacquered scale armor, 1 fine suit of scale armor, some money, some silver jewelry. It is now nightfall under an overcast sky.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Amon, do you think we can rig up a wagon to roll down the hill into would-be attackers?"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Or we could make a barricade at the gates with the wagons and limit the number of unwanted guests that can enter at once. "

nikolokolus

Arcane
One key piece of information I overlooked from the search (because I kind of forgot about him): The wagon master (the true leader of the group, not the cavalry captain with the fine scale armor and the atlantean fire) is wearing a strange suit of leather armor that appears to be from the skin of some lizard, or eel-like creature. It's stats are as follows: SIZ 12 (Fits +/-2) 3D4/3D4+1, -10%/-10%, 5 rounds to put on. That may change who wants to claim what; between the fine scale armor or this suit of strange leather armor that has almost no seams and will likely provide protection superior to most metallic armors.

Siveon

Bot
Marcán looks over the strange eel suit, "Would anyone mind if I used this? No need to let good armor go to waste, even if it was worn by scum."

Would it be fair to players to split the pool 4 ways or 6 ways, since we do have 2 players on leave.

Amon was already taking whatever armor set was on the guy he ganked. Plus he was taking that nice dagger and the fire vials.

Siveon

Bot
I feel like this is gonna play out similar to the ending of Conan. Also is there any leftover oil flasks or fuel that Marcán can scavenge to use for... later purposes? As well torches.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
I feel like this is gonna play out similar to the ending of Conan. Also is there any leftover oil flasks or fuel that Marcán can scavenge to use for... later purposes? As well torches.
Ok, just in case, maybe we should tie Oona to the nearest hilltop. If it worked for Conan, it'll work for us.

Ok, just in case, maybe we should tie Oona to the nearest hilltop. If it worked for Conan, it'll work for us.
Give it a try, we will watch from a distance.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Give it a try, we will watch from a distance.
Sure, what could go wrong?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr wants a cut of the money, but the weapons and armor wont be of use to him. Comparing the box of potions Amon found to the one I found at Ghul's tower way back when, are they the same? Maybe we should share them around a bit so we can spread cleansing fire more effectively.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr wants a cut of the money, but the weapons and armor wont be of use to him. Comparing the box of potions Amon found to the one I found at Ghul's tower way back when, are they the same? Maybe we should share them around a bit so we can spread cleansing fire more effectively.
They're only marginally similar. This box is more battered, less ornate and the clay vials contrast with the glass of the one's you found in the tower. But . . . There's no getting past the faint smell of sulphur, naptha, and other chemicals peculiar to Atlantean Fire.

nikolokolus

Arcane
So I take it the general plan is to hunker down and wait? Any other preparations besides the booby trap at the gate and rigging the wagons to roll and burn? If not, Urash at least sends his rook Enlil airborne to go looking for the men that fled.
Urash whispers some quiet words to his raven companion and sends it skyward; flying to the east where the men fled on horseback. After about an hour Urash reports that the men have been found and they have taken a narrow, badly overgrown track deeper into the forest. He sits quietly for several hours and finally reports that his raven has tracked the men to an old ruined structure deep in the forest, possibly 20 miles distant. There is apparently a structure far exceeding anything the Kelts have build in this part of the world. The architecture is crumbling, but appears to be of Hyperborean origin. It is the ruins of some old holdfast that Marcán vaguely recalls from fireside stories -- a supposedly haunted ruin.

Siveon

Bot
Well does Marcán feel any different when he dons the armor? And does he find torches/oil from scavenging. He too wants to play with fire. He uses said oil and spreads it in select parts of the road, and perhaps we could set up towers in some of the taller houses with a few of those fire bombs to rain down upon them.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Well does Marcán feel any different when he dons the armor? And does he find torches/oil from scavenging. He too wants to play with fire. He uses said oil and spreads it in select parts of the road, and perhaps we could set up towers in some of the taller houses with a few of those fire bombs to rain down upon them.
You don't feel any different. Also you misunderstand. The sealed flasks aren't oil, they are explosives that combust when exposed to the air. There is some tar in barrels in the village however.

Siveon

Bot
Just as well! I just want to set up stations that we can toss them accurately.
Marcán devises another trap to Amon and Rhenmyr. "I like the idea of the carts. Why not load the cart up with some of this tar, and maybe Atlantean fire. With some spare rope and a spark of fire, can turn into a rolling disaster."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom