Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jinn

Arcane
Hell no. In terms of writing it's average fantasy level, but gameplay, interactivity, combat, character creation and even the fucking UI is leagues better than that PoE turd.

I agree with this, and I even enjoyed PoE 3.0+TWM decently enough (hated PoE at launch though).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know how to kill the fucking spider swarms???? Also the game is ok,the weight mechanic is annoying and retarded,also a tad bit on the slow side.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My impressions from the streams and thread - mechanically far better than PoE, due to D&D instead of Obsidian's weird contraption of a system, but writing, story and world just as retarded as 95% of all RPGs. So disappoint. Too bad gaymers happily slurp up all those bowls full of stock fantasy dogvomit aimed at 8 years old retarded children instead of demanding a bit more. That's why games like PST or Dragonfall come only once in a generation.

Anyway, seems it's in the PoE general ballpark. Didn't hate PoE, probably will buy at a Christmas sale.

I'll take a solid tested RPG system and mediocre writing over a :littlemissfun: system and shit writing.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't know if the spider swarms are bugged or something. I've only managed to damage them with acid flasks, but not enough to kill them. They have 17AC, but I don't think they should be this impossible to hit considering that I've killed things with 19 AC too so far.
In terms of difficulty this doesn't even feel like the same genre as Deadfire. Very little number bloat, healing is scarce and ordinary encounters are actually lethal. And I'm playing on normal.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
That camping menu is the most involved I've seen in a CRPG. Assigning guards? Cooks? People to hunt for food?

giphy.gif

This is the problem with having a community of general gaming children pretending they like rpgs. This was a feature of games around since before you were born.
Man, I must be doing something wrong, these fights are pretty brutal. I'm only at the difficulty above the default and almost every fight with bandits is just - the barbarian chick dies instantly from full health to two arrows while all the melee bandits simply walk around the stupid failed-paladin-lady, invoking attacks of opportunity that do nothing because she has no offensive power, to murder my bard and sorcerer in one hit on each of them. That's after instantly oneshotting both the dogs I summoned to slow them down.

That's funny. I put it on the same difficulty and did not have any issues or even once need to think or try.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
still haven't started it up yet, are there any bad bugs or glitches to look out for? or just wait for a patch?

will probably end up rerolling five times before actually playing anyways i might as well get a head start on that

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
still haven't started it up yet, are there any bad bugs or glitches to look out for? or just wait for a patch?

will probably end up rerolling five times before actually playing anyways i might as well get a head start on that

Haven't encountered any apart from minor spelling mistakes and such.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah the spider swarms are retarded at best,i kill spider big as big man in a single swing,while i can't even damage those fucking spiders. They do big aoe damage and kill my guys in two hits while the torch does one damage per attack,also their attack is fast. I just walked away.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This was a feature of games around since before you were born.

Such as...?

Reallms of Arkania trilogy for one. Back when rpgs were made for men with regular sperm production and normal testosterone levels. before the codex started and everyone would make fun of popamole games made for little girls who love cutsey.

You're correct but TDE is a retarded ass system for German autismos regardless.

That said, you should be delighted to have such systems return to modern CRPGs. I sure am, because I didn't expect shit from a game made in TYOOL MMXVIII.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Can't wait for the steam reviews of "wahh it's too difficult but I refuse to play on easy"
Piranha Bytes made a video about how people thought Elex was too difficult but didn't want to turn down the difficulty because it upsets their "gamer honor" or whatever. It was pretty accurate, I have had similar feelings.

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah the spider swarms are retarded at best,i kill spider big as big man in a single swing,while i can't even damage those fucking spiders. They do big aoe damage and kill my guys in two hits while the torch does one damage per attack,also their attack is fast. I just walked away.
Swarm mechanics are also a PITA in p&p, so I guess they nailed that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom