Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Am I alone in really liking the writing and voice acting? It's cheesy. In a good way. Reminds me of 80's cartoons like Dungeon Master. It fits with the whole 'playing an rpg with some dice, friends and a beer and chips' vibe they got going.

Not a big fan of the voice acting, but the writing seems alright.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Hasn't everyone got Roqua on ignore by now? I'm not sure why I still haven't but soon fix that! There's only so much inflamed neckbeard bachelor nonsense you can put up with.

Who are you again? I love when tryhard newfags talk about me. You truly encapsulate the nuCodex and their shit taste in popamole shit for retarded kids.

Don't ever mention me again, you fucking piece of new filth.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The character creation/party system/actual playing looks good. The writing in the screenshots shared is atrocious. It makes BT4 look like PST. HOLY FUKKS.

But, D&D. D&D always win. *pay up like the D&D bitch I am*

Jinn

Arcane
Damn, during the showdown with the raiding bandits at Oleg's Outpost, random weather effects can occur that undo a couple traps you set. My flaming arrow and oil trick didn't work because it was raining so hard! Got slaughtered as a result. This is fucking awesome.

Last edited:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
BT4 peaked at around 2000 players, Kingmaker has nearly 13 000 playing it right now.

Yeah, it's massively more successful. The question is whether that's good enough. I have a feeling that BT4 may only have moved about 20-30k copies on launch day, and getting six or seven times that number may still not be enough for a big AA game that wants to make a profit.

You also have Deadfire to look at, which peaked at 18k on launch day but had only reached 200k copies when the Steam leak happened.

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah, it's massively more successful. The question is whether that's good enough. I heave a feeling that BT4 may only have moved about 20-40k copies on launch day, and getting six or seven times that number may still not be enough for big AA game that wants to break even.

Thing is being as these fellows are operating out of Russia, the kickstarter was pretty successful, and considering how efficiently this project seems to have been run, I have a feeling they are already doing quite well in terms of sales.

Curratum

I also understand there's a bit of a time difference but half a dozen indie Russkies managed to make a Unity realtime 3D game that looks and runs 10x better than fucking WL2, which makes me a little angry.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
I also understand there's a bit of a time difference but half a dozen indie Russkies managed to make a Unity realtime 3D game that looks and runs 10x better than fucking WL2, which makes me a little angry.

Being an internal studio to one of the biggest tech companies in Russia probably came with some benefits for attracting programming talent :shittydog:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I think this game can be easily be summed up as PoE but for a little girl audience of people that think combat is icky and yucky but love cute and ultra story faginess.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My impressions from the streams and thread - mechanically far better than PoE, due to D&D instead of Obsidian's weird contraption of a system, but writing, story and world just as retarded as 95% of all RPGs. So disappoint. Too bad gaymers happily slurp up all those bowls full of stock fantasy dogvomit aimed at 8 years old retarded children instead of demanding a bit more. That's why games like PST or Dragonfall come only once in a generation.

Anyway, seems it's in the PoE general ballpark. Didn't hate PoE, probably will buy at a Christmas sale.

Curratum

I'm not sure what you expected. It's an adaptation of a published module series and it's all very generic D&D.

Curratum

Launch day is for testing out performance. I still haven't started on PoE2, waiting for all the DLC and all the ridiculous fixes they come up with.

Depending on whether or not Fargo manages to get BT4 in a marketable state this year, I will play BT or Kingmaker next.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So...nobody is actually PLAYING the game...?

I've been giving steady impressions while I've been playing. Go back and read a few of my posts.

As of right now, in terms of combat, and skill and attribute world interaction, this is probably the best RTwP CRPG ever made from a gameplay perspective.

Yeah, I read your posts, but they were mostly about chargen and writing. Now I finally got a straight answer from someone actually playing the game. Thx a lot, man!

I think this game can be easily be summed up as PoE but for a little girl audience of people that think combat is icky and yucky but love cute and ultra story faginess.
the combat is better than PoE

Very low bar.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Wtf the barbarian kills everything in it's path, with a few supporting spells it's like a panzer, it's ridiculous compared with the other classes

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
That camping menu is the most involved I've seen in a CRPG. Assigning guards? Cooks? People to hunt for food?

giphy.gif

Xunwael

Educated
Man, I must be doing something wrong, these fights are pretty brutal. I'm only at the difficulty above the default and almost every fight with bandits is just - the barbarian chick dies instantly from full health to two arrows while all the melee bandits simply walk around the stupid failed-paladin-lady, invoking attacks of opportunity that do nothing because she has no offensive power, to murder my bard and sorcerer in one hit on each of them. That's after instantly oneshotting both the dogs I summoned to slow them down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom