Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If I ever take any companions, I'd take only the evil ones, assuming they also aren't retarded and cringey.

Well the game took about a minute on the first loading screen (ssd), after that though it goes by quick, about 10 seconds or so. Wasn't sure who to pick, Grenadier or Houndmaster, went with the latter, thought I would be defaulted into a doggo companion, but nope. Got meself a mammoth, that woolly boi absolutely shreds the shit out of assassins so far and that's on hard lul.

bataille

Arcane
The attack ratings on enemies seem just insane. I don't think I've seen such numbers on enemies in a DnD game ever. Hard mode very well may be potd+. In other words, mega incline. It's time to use those entanglement and hold monster spells!

Shadenuat

Arcane
The attack ratings on enemies seem just insane. I don't think I've seen such numbers on enemies in a DnD game ever. Hard mode very well may be potd+. In other words, mega incline. It's time to use those entanglement and hold monster spells!
I play second most difficult, with 1 level raise to enemy stats and strength and everything pnp true, and I had to re-load Oleg second fight 5 times and engage in trench warfare and buy ranged weapons, won with Amiri and Linzi in 1 hp standing and persuaded alchemist dead. That's insane because you can ramp up enemy stats 2 more levels and overall encounters 1 level higher still.

Although it is "d&d" so very rough start, no good spells or items yet etc.
And leveling would probably change things a lot, and as we know RPGs generally are always harder in the beginning.

For people who are just alright I wouldn't recommend anything higher than "Challenging" though.

In final fight in prologue 4 out of 6 my characters were running around under simple Scare spell too, was quite hilarious.

Last edited:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If anyone wants to further edit their characters, you can easily edit the save files with 7zip and the notepad

C:\Users\${YourUser}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Kingmaker\Saved Games

Extract Your latest save, edit party.json

Example:

"Type": "Dexterity", "m_BaseValue": 18,

"Type": "SkillKnowledgeArcana", "m_BaseValue": 0,

Glaucon

Prophet
Be careful, looks like certain lootables delete your inventory.

edit: lol nvm, it's completely random but your items will also reappear on reload

Last edited:

Curratum

By the sound of it, seems I'll be sticking with Normal... :D I'm not much of a hotshot in this type of game, I won't go full retard Easy but Normal in BGate/IWD is usually right for me.

Glaucon

Prophet
Am I alone in really liking the writing and voice acting? It's cheesy. In a good way. Reminds me of 80's cartoons like Dungeon Master. It fits with the whole 'playing an rpg with some dice, friends and a beer and chips' vibe they got going.
Reminds me more of animu. Already found a dandere and a tsundere.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, how's the actual meat of the game? You know, that basic cycle of getting your dudes together, finding other dudes, murdering the crap out of them, taking their shit + earning XP so that your party can afford better shit and become more efficient at murdering stronger dudes and taking their (better) shit?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Ventured off the beaten path, encountered a mad dryad, got my shit pushed in. The game doesn't fuck around on PnP rules, without a cleric or someone who at least can cast cure wounds you don't heal very much from resting.

Codex Year of the Donut
<Unknown Binding> is my favorite key
ebakbs.jpeg

Doma

Augur
Its so refreshing to have to actually think about the combat and not just have my party auto-win it for me like in POE2.

Oh and is there a timer on the "become King" quest? How does it work? Like a water-chip in Fallout timer?

Anyway, enjoying the game a ton! Its sooo nice and smooth!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
So, how's the actual meat of the game? You know, that basic cycle of getting your dudes together, finding other dudes, murdering the crap out of them, taking their shit + earning XP so that your party can afford better shit and become more efficient at murdering stronger dudes and taking their (better) shit?

It depends - if you like what the old codex considered popamole shit for retarded kids - it will be right up your alley. If you like complex rpg with combat geared towards thinking adults with functional brains - avoid at all cost.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Am I alone in really liking the writing and voice acting? It's cheesy. In a good way. Reminds me of 80's cartoons like Dungeon Master. It fits with the whole 'playing an rpg with some dice, friends and a beer and chips' vibe they got going.
Nope.

Why is Roqua so butthurt about this game? Yet he praises every abortion made by Ineptile?

Does.not.compute.

Curratum

Hasn't everyone got Roqua on ignore by now? I'm not sure why I still haven't but soon fix that! There's only so much inflamed neckbeard bachelor nonsense you can put up with.

Jinn

Arcane

I'm totally fine with the writing so far. It's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. The voice acting was difficult to listen to for me, though. Pretty cringy. I might turn it back on later and see how it is again, but I've been happy with voices off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom