Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Game lets you circle in melee around engaged enemies without provoking attack of opportunity just like PnP does... and Obshitian could not implement such a feature in two of their shit games. HAHAHAHAHA

Shadenuat

Arcane
Game lets you circle in melee around engaged enemies without provoking attack of opportunity just like PnP does... and Obshitian could not implement such a feature in two of their shit games. HAHAHAHAHA
note that +2 from Flanking exists so it's very useful especially in the beginning.

bataille

Arcane
Hey, looks like them not being native speakers has actually stopped them from writing competently in it. Who would have thought! Rusky localization it is then. This is going to be weird.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, looks like them not being native speakers has actually stopped them from writing competently in it. Who would have thought! Rusky localization it is then. This is going to be weird.

Seems the dialogue isn't like that though, just the UI text. Must have gone through an entirely different development pipeline.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Ha. The fucking fascist Pathfinder moderator banned me on the steam forum for "trolling" for a post I made like 6 hours ago being critical of the children's combat in the game. I guess questioning how good combat will be in a game requires the NKVD to shut you up. I honestly did not say anything in a disrespectful way. I questioned the combat. You little bitches can whine about inXile all you want, but they let people say whatever they want in the steam forums without retroactively banning anyone for being slightly critical to create and promote a false narrative.

I highly recommend people pirate this game and don't support these fascists.

Roqua denigrating a CRPG? What has the world come to? You, sir, have gazed too long into the abyss.

A great sage once said that if you like CRPGs and want more CRPGs, you need to support the companies that make CRPGs, even when you think their games are deeply flawed. Words of wisdom. When pokeman and his collaborators stabbed Bard’s Tale 4 in the back, maliciously cheering at every bug and every performance issue that might hurt the game’s sales, while gleefully calling for inXile’s destruction, one man battled bravely to englighten his misguided flock.

He is not the hero we deserve, he’s the hero we need. Let us not forget this learned prophet’s third epistle to the codexians:

Also, disliking a game without being able to articulate why in a coherent as well as consistent explanation is the domain of the monkeys. I dislike the IE game's combat but I am willing and capable to explain why and consistent in my view of why. There are a lot of crpgs that come out that I am not a big fan of but I still support them because a bad (or not all that great) crpg is better than no crpg.

That, my friends, is the truth. So it breaks my shriveled heart to see this great sage turning against Pathfinder: Kingmaker before it’s even out yet. Yes, many wise men despise real-time-with-pause as a cancer upon the genre. Yes, the way this forum treats inXile is ridiculously self-defeating. But, my god man, you said it yourself: A BAD CRPG IS BETTER THAN NO CRPG.

Roqua, though your rage is righteous, it may blind you to the greater cause: the very existence of the genre. Your humble servant begs you: do not violate your most sacred commandment. Oh mighty Roqua, please turn your wrath away from Kingmaker.

Amen.

I would have gladly supported the game until they reviewed Grimoire and stated that grimoire was hostile to its players because it had a challenge. They specifically tried to hurt the sales of an rpg, which is unacceptable by itself. But by claiming it was hostile to its players by having a challenge? It maede me think the combat in Pathfinder would be geared towards retarded children and barely qualify as a game and undermine all the included rpg systems. Its the only possibility when you incorporate the philosophy that if the game part of a game requiring any thought or effort as being hostile to the game's player.

I claimed from the beginning I'd try the game with an open mind. I would be a dick as payback for them committing the worst faux pas a game maker can commit (shitting on and trying to hurt the sales of another game in the genre, and a super indie one at that). I did try it and my assumptions were correct. But I would have still supported it and dropped the whole issue...

But them banning me for literally no reason should be unacceptable to all sane adults. If I said naughty words, sure. If I attacked anyone, sure. For me civilly and politely questioning the combat challenge of the game in a mechanics-focused and specific way? No, sorry. That isn't me trolling. Its them silencing decent. It seems they like to ban people who mention SWJ stuff. Fine, I get that. No one wants politics on a steam forum for games. But silencing earnest game discussion? The specific reason for the forum? No. Fuck them. Steam isn't Stalin's Russia and no one should accept this.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Whoever said this game was too easy is either full of shit or they were playing on normal or storymode difficulties. Been getting absolutely slayed on hard.

So far, Kingmaker on Hard with a full group seems harder than PoE 1 on PotD solo.

:incline:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You can circle around enemies in PoE without eating AoOs.
A Deadfire protip - if your stride is high enough and you start early enough before a character's attack animation completes, you can simply dodge away his hit. The console will say "Enemy missed Player (out of range)" as he swings at you. I've been doing this with my Rogue. Next level roleplaying in combat :)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can circle around enemies in PoE without eating AoOs.
A Deadfire protip - if your stride is high enough and you start early enough before a character's attack animation completes, you can simply dodge away his hit. The console will say "Enemy missed Player (out of range)" as he swings at you. I've been doing this with my Rogue. Next level roleplaying in combat :)
Manully dodging enemies' attacks? Uh oh, looks like it's not an RPG after all Lacrymas.:M

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So i resized and cropped a portrait for the monk im creating, scaled fist, if anyone wants it, just plop the files into the custom portrait folder...

https://imgur.com/a/WZ6JweK

Tool i used for simple cropping, resizing, and download as png - https://www.croptofit.com/

O0EP9sN.jpg

6t6DINP.png

IScqRBE.png

Suicidal

Arcane
Been watching some streams for the past few hours and while the game seems good at the moment there are too many bugs and other issues - music randomly stops playing, occasional INSERT_DEV_TEXT_HERE in the UI elements, blank tooltips, shitty translations and long load times, among others. Hopefully they patch that shit.

Turjan

Arcane

L'Montes

Educated
Been watching some streams for the past few hours and while the game seems good at the moment there are too many bugs and other issues - music randomly stops playing, occasional INSERT_DEV_TEXT_HERE in the UI elements, blank tooltips, shitty translations and long load times, among others. Hopefully they patch that shit.

My impression in watching the streams with the text errors and what-not was similar. It might need another month of "baking" and a patch or two to be worth a dive.

Stokowski

Arcane
Just off the main theme, seems like the music is going to be better than PoE's.
Beyond doubt.

Every pronoun in character and ability descriptions is feminine.

I'm already triggered and it's hardly been seconds.
Hasn't this been fashionable since D&D 3? I remember reading all-female pronouns in D&D 5's player's handbook, but I think it started earlier.
been around at least since mid to early 90's

AD&D had its shit together.

iP8kJxS.png

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
So game looks promising but requires patches to fix technical jank? I trust Russians to write better stories than Americans, especially with help of MCA.

Did they make any adjustments to Pathfinder ruleset or is it straight adopted?

Terra

Cipher
Looking at the micro issues people are noticing on the past couple of pages, I'll wait a couple of months for some patches before jumping into this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It obviously needs patches, that goes without saying. I'll try it after a few months, after it has had time to mature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom