Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yes, seriously. Few young people speak Russian in Poland. Even fewer know this language well enough to translate.

I was born in 1983 and I only had Russian as a non obligatory course in primary school. While I took it, I could not continue learning the language in high school. Hence, I forgot what I've already known.

Most of our generation had a similar experience. I suspect younger people had even lesser exposure to Russian.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Most of our generation had a similar experience. I suspect younger people had even lesser exposure to Russian.
They have even lesser exposure to English.
Just watch comment section (on gaming forums, forums in general and YT comments) for people demanding Potato transtalion because they are too lazy to learn English (they speak Potato badly too, but that's another matter).

Thing is - russian (or rather soviet) language was mandatory back then when this country was under soviet occupation.
Some of them translate Stalker mods (must be good one to even start their works on translation), younger generation translate Gothic mods and then you got Fallout mods, once in a blue moon translate something.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Potato translation is bugridden and now - I found new version of Fallout Nevada called Crazy Edition
Basic FNevada is v1.02, Crazy Edition is v3.4.
Someone managed to convert english translation to CE version recently.
https://yadi.sk/d/xwnnO1nJ3QnvSR
Did they fixed that ghoul leader in Vegas, does he speak english?

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shit, I was sure I played the CE.

That Ghoul leader was already speaking English in 1.02. Well, as English as you can get from a fan translation, I guess.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Finished it today. Some thoughts:

- I like the framing device and what I understood of the story (further thoughts below).
- The Biker as a faction are a good addition to the world of Fallout and it is also nice, how other locations relate to the plot and the world as a whole.
- The quests are good and invite to do more. A highlight for me was the Hoover Damn and how to solve the problem there.
- I also felt the difficulty level to be higher than in 1.5.
- That said, I don't know why, but I had more fun with 1.5. Maybe it was because the premise felt fresher or the quests were more fun or maybe I'm kind of burned out. Still, I would recommend this mod for fans of the old games.

Okay some questions about the story, maybe somebody can help:

-If I understand it correctly, Vault 8 was created as a cloning factory and the reaper tried to shut down the defence system, so he could conquer it and ... what excactly? Start the cloning process? Give the president a new body?
- How do we fit in all of this? Are we a clone of the guy who left Vault 8 in persecution of Moreau?
- I totally forgot if the Reaper was mentioned before the Vault. I mean, we meet him, but why didn't he just kill us? He later used the Overseer as bait to lure us in the gouvernment vault, so what was the idea behind that?
- Is the Reaper a clone? Of what are the clone-soldiers clones off?

Last edited:

Citizen

-If I understand it correctly, Vault 8 was created as a cloning factory and the reaper tried to shut down the defence system, so he could conquer it and ... what excactly? Start the cloning process? Give the president a new body?
- How do we fit in all of this? Are we a clone of the guy who left Vault 8 in persecution of Moreau?
- I totally forgot if the Reaper was mentioned before the Vault. I mean, we meet him, but why didn't he just kill us? He later used the Overseer as bait to lure us in the gouvernment vault, so what was the idea behind that?
- Is the Reaper a clone? Of what are the clone-soldiers clones off?

1. To continue supplying enclave with bodies, continue his experiments, prolong his own life. I doubt they still cared about the president at that moment.
  2. I guess.
  3. He was mentioned by tribals. No idea why he didn't kill the player the first he met him, though.
  4. He uses cloning to prolong his life.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Holy cow...
just found an *awesome* hidden location in Nevada called "The Lost Office"...

Turns out it's the Interplay office. Notice the painting called "our heroes" with Leonard Boyarsky, Tim Cain and Feargus...
:love:

LNL8WMt.jpg

2nd floor has Feargus Urqhuart and Avelone bickering over game-design (foreshadowing?).
X0iwIm7.jpg

Even cooler is the picture on the bottom right. Those with an autistic attentive eye will notice that this is a circa 1994 1997 picture taken with the '3D artist team' at Interplay including Jason Anderson, Kevin Beardslee, Leonard Boyarsky, Michael Dean, Chad Moore & Gary Platner.
troika_games_dogorevshaja_svecha_ili_dnevnik_pamjati-_324596.jpg

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
So, seeing as the English translation sounds pretty complete and there doesn't seem to be any progress on editing the last few towns, I'm getting ready for my first playthrough of Fallout: Nevada. Do you guys recommend the original Nevada mod or the Crazy Edition (CE)? The latter sounds like an enhanced version of the original mod, so I'm inclined to pick it over the original mod.

A thread was posted on NMA at the end of July with a full description of the CE and a link to download it + the latest CE-adapted translation : http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-nevada-crazy-edition-unofficial-version.216253/ .

Diggfinger

Arcane
So, seeing as the English translation sounds pretty complete and there doesn't seem to be any progress on editing the last few towns, I'm getting ready for my first playthrough of Fallout: Nevada. Do you guys recommend the original Nevada mod or the Crazy Edition (CE)? The latter sounds like an enhanced version of the original mod, so I'm inclined to pick it over the original mod.

A thread was posted on NMA at the end of July with a full description of the CE and a link to download it + the latest CE-adapted translation : http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-nevada-crazy-edition-unofficial-version.216253/ .

I'm playing the original mod, which is definitely awesome. For the below reason alone I would recommend the crazy version:
  • Added a single partner to the game (Dogmeat).
The game could indeed do with some followers!
Also, higher difficulty is interesting, as it's too easy to game the Winds of War encounters (same random encounter can be exploited ad infinum which gives several hunting rifles and decent exp.).

Can you switch off that resolution patch, though? I want the classic Fallout look.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I might give CE a go when I replay this. Extra difficulty sounds like a massive plus.

Looking forward to the improved translation since my first completion as well.

Black Angel

Arcane
So has this been fully translated/edited to English? And if so where can I download it?
Fully translated, but not completely edited and polished like zool mentioned. Still, it's pretty much playable at this point so waiting any longer is to torment yourself. Grab the 'official' version here, or maybe the Crazy Edition which can be downloaded here. Mind you, the team who worked on the translation for 'official' version doesn't work on CE, while CE is being worked on by one guy (if I'm not mistaken) who retrofitted the translation for 'official' version into CE while filling in the blanks, so CE's translation shouldn't be complete. However, it seemed like CE translation managed to catch up, most probably because it's been a while since the 'official' translation last updated.

Saduj

Arcane
I had quit this a while back because the game was crashing in certain locations (may have been due to a bad install by me). Recently downloaded the latest mod and translation files linked at NMA, reinstalled and transferred my old saves over. Everything seems to run fine now and the last translation is a big improvement over the earlier version I had been using. I'd say go for it if you've been waiting to play this one. The translation still isn't perfect but even in the rough spots it is passable.

I've been able to wrap up some unfinished quests thanks to the latest translation, but I forgot what I'm supposed to be doing for the main quest. Could use a nudge in the right direction ....

I've made it to Salt Lake City and none of the quests I have yet to complete there are likely to advance the plot. Not sure what I'm supposed to do other than find the overseer. He doesn't come up as a dialogue option when I speak with people. I think maybe I just need to fix the train. And I think I need to increase my Science skill before I can get to the train. I guess I can also return to Vault City to see what they have to say there. Anyone else I need to speak with? Not looking for a walkthrough so much as a tip or two.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You definitely need the train. Though who knows if that's the next thing.

Let me ask you this... are you following somebody based on a radio message?

Saduj

Arcane
You definitely need the train. Though who knows if that's the next thing.

Let me ask you this... are you following somebody based on a radio message?

I completely forgot about that in the year or so since I last played. :oops:

I know I have the radio and started on that path but I can't remember where I was with that. That's probably where I left off though.
Maybe I need to do something with the equipment by the bikers? I know I haven't done that yet.

Appreciate the reminder!

EDIT: Actually, I may have finished the radio stuff. It doesn't do anything when I use it now. And all the steps of that quest are crossed out on the list.
If that quest ends with meeting the guy at Hawthorne, I finished it. I have no main quest in my PIP other than "find the overseer". "Tottal Recall" has seven tasks crossed out and nothing pending.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I'd say the train is next, but I'm not sure. Try to get to it anyway. You can get to it even if it's not the next thing to do. You just won't be able to leave if it isn't so then you'll know.

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I've made it to Salt Lake City and none of the quests I have yet to complete there are likely to advance the plot. Not sure what I'm supposed to do other than find the overseer. He doesn't come up as a dialogue option when I speak with people. I think maybe I just need to fix the train. And I think I need to increase my Science skill before I can get to the train. I guess I can also return to Vault City to see what they have to say there. Anyone else I need to speak with? Not looking for a walkthrough so much as a tip or two.

Sounds like a similar issue I had with the story. It's easy to miss that you have to
explore the vault in Reno, the one with the locked gate nearby a gang.

Bocian

Arcane

Sounds like a similar issue I had with the story. It's easy to miss that you have to

There's one door that's stuck and doesn't want to open, and the other one has a lock with a complicated code I can't crack, even with high science. Explosives don't help in either case.

Also, I think I've searched most of the world and finished most of secondary quests. Finished off the Area 51, the other military base, returned the filter to Salt Lake, got power armor, radio jammer and the transmitter etc. I've done some quests for the bikers but I cannot recall if I asked about the one I was supposed to find. The journal doesn't record the next place I should look in. Is it tied to the Reno vault?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's one door that's stuck and doesn't want to open, and the other one has a lock with a complicated code I can't crack, even with high science. Explosives don't help in either case.

Also, I think I've searched most of the world and finished most of secondary quests. Finished off the Area 51, the other military base, returned the filter to Salt Lake, got power armor, radio jammer and the transmitter etc. I've done some quests for the bikers but I cannot recall if I asked about the one I was supposed to find. The journal doesn't record the next place I should look in. Is it tied to the Reno vault?
the password to the locked vault is the gibberish scrap of note you get very very early in the game. I hope you didnt throw it away. I put mine im reno locker so i wad safe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom