Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

DemonKing

Arcane
I'm enjoying what little I've managed to play so far - but what's with the checkpoint save system? Didn't enough people in the beta tell them this was dumb?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
They are in damage control on Steam but once again they cannot help themselves as my negative one-line review unlocked the "Comments are disabled for this review." achievement :)

I'm not the only one. They respond with some shit mostly unrelated to the review and then they disable comments for it.

Ignoring reviews would be better than this shit because it's obvious they don't care about negative feedback.

It looks like this is Fargo's way to punish some developers for the fact that they released an unfinished game. Like this shit would solve anything at this point ... except increase frustration and make some people leave inXile.

Jezal_k23

They released a game that performs horribly on some of the top computers out there and with a broken main quest, which was patched but the patch is non-retroactive. PC gamers are not prone to forgiving any of that (not even casual ones).

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Not existing at all. Just give me a fucking chardev for my party members instead of feeding me this piecemeal one companion at a time bullsht - all it takes is 2 screens of succint backstory and dumping my party in the mage tower, which is incidentally a very well-designed dungeon.

I don't consider 3 hours of handholding through painfully railroaded, shit-stained corridors with static prosper NPCs standing around extremely minor, especially when thinking about future playthroughs.

How can you not see that the entire introduction is a popamole concession made for retards with no redeeming qualities whatsoever?

It lasted 5 minutes, not three hours. And I agree in general - I just don't see people being consistent and holding this against BG, PoE, tons of other games that did the same shit. I think any game that has a party and doesn't have full partygen right off the bat, and every single game that calls itself an rpg and doesn't have any chargen like Gothic and Witcher, made grave errors.

Full partygen right off the bat, and chargen for SP games is the only good way to go.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
You can just take a look at reviews to see that most negative ones never even reached the first actual dungeon. The starting maps are that bad.

Getting player into the game as quickly as possible is a good idea in principle, but if you put him in the worst fucking map.

Roqua

Prospernaut
You can just take a look at reviews to see that most negative ones never even reached the first actual dungeon. The starting maps are that bad.

Or the reviewing people are that retarded. I'm leaning towards them being retarded over the starting maps being bad.

2house2fly

Magister
You don't even think the starting maps are good, your defense of them just now was that they are "minor and short"

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Or the reviewing people are that retarded. I'm leaning towards them being retarded over the starting maps being bad.

Given that literally everyone here had the exact same reaction to the first map, I'm leaning towards you being retarded.

Roqua

Prospernaut

Given that literally everyone here had the exact same reaction to the first map, I'm leaning towards you being retarded.

Given that literally everyone here is pretty much a 12 year old general gamer and outspoken retard who don't even like rpgs - I take that as a compliment from the likes of all of you.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
The game is charming and fun for what it is,but it is no blobber!

A blobber for people that dont like blobbers, just what we needed!

Anyway considering I dislike puzzles I think I can give this game a pass. I am curious why they had such a hard on for puzzle gameplay, is this another 'casual gamer' thing? I know LoG had puzzles and I assume they felt they had to copy this aspect but it sounds like they went way overboard. I finished Grimrock and felt it had a decent balance of puzzle to exploration/combat.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Given that literally everyone here is pretty much a 12 year old general gamer and outspoken retard who don't even like rpgs - I take that as a compliment from the likes of all of you.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Why are you doing this to yourself?

What?

Degrade yourself for a shitty game. Fargo is doing it for the money but you are not paid to do this. Do you have no respect for yourself woman?

You're right. What was I thinking? If only I could join the codex hivemind and loved children games and jrpgs and hated real crpgs everything would be wonderful! Good call, bro!

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What are the differences between Normal and Hard difficulty? Just more HP/Damage for mobs or something more interesting? I will give this another shot once they're done patching it and I'm done with Kingmaker.

Roqua

Prospernaut
What are the differences between Normal and Hard difficulty? Just more HP/Damage for mobs or something more interesting? I will give this another shot once they're done patching it and I'm done with Kingmaker.

Honestly - I'm not sure. But I really was not impressed with the combat until I turned it on hard. Normal seems like it had the console audience in mind. Hard seems like it was how the game was designed and balanced for the PC audience.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game is increasing its Steam rating by around 1% / day, now up to 52%. In two months it will be at 113% positive.
metal.gif

Blightor

Novice

Honestly - I'm not sure. But I really was not impressed with the combat until I turned it on hard. Normal seems like it had the console audience in mind. Hard seems like it was how the game was designed and balanced for the PC audience.
So you had it on 'normal' - Such a rookie move. ;)

Seriously though - what RPG can you name where the actual combat/combat AI is not a cakewalk on normal these days?

Blightor

Novice
The game is increasing its Steam rating by around 1% / day, now up to 52%. In two months it will be at 113% positive.
metal.gif
This game is way better than its steam rating. All the raging self righteous legions that wreck the place because of the game not running at 1 million fps at 4k.

Worst part is not allowing character selection till 45 mins in. Ragers gunna rage tho.

[6:54 PM] Dildolos:
people are talking about BT4 having 10 million budget? where sthe source on that?
[6:54 PM] Dildolos:
kickstarter only raised 1.5 mil
[6:56 PM] Dildolos:
isnt there a place u can see inxiles financials?
[6:56 PM] Dildolos:
networth and capital in the company

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Not existing at all. Just give me a fucking chardev for my party members instead of feeding me this piecemeal one companion at a time bullsht - all it takes is 2 screens of succint backstory and dumping my party in the mage tower, which is incidentally a very well-designed dungeon.

I don't consider 3 hours of handholding through painfully railroaded, shit-stained corridors with static prosper NPCs standing around extremely minor, especially when thinking about future playthroughs.

How can you not see that the entire introduction is a popamole concession made for retards with no redeeming qualities whatsoever?
1723.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom