Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PrettyDeadman

Take a chill pill plese.
Your last few posts belong in prosperland, not sure if Prosper will allow it though.

Bocian

Arcane
Tonden Ockay Let me be your guide. To your front, you can see the Codex's resident tranny in xir natural habitat. Please do not feed xir, and don't be afraid, xir cannot harm you from behind the bars. Worst you can expect is loud keyboard noises coming from some obscure blog site with unbearable and unreadable layout. Let's carry on.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Tonden Ockay Let me be your guide. To your front, you can see the Codex's resident tranny in xir natural habitat. Please do not feed xir, and don't be afraid, xir cannot harm you from behind the bars. Worst you can expect is loud keyboard noises coming from some obscure blog site with unbearable and unreadable layout. Let's carry on.
I choose to believe she's a real wamen until someone outs her to the Codex.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
50610593a13e8a816bb4e519faa2026504c1ecfb_1_690x385.jpg

Wow, fucking hell. You slapped down a generic tile, added a few shitty-looking rocks, pasted in a fiery blob and changed the color of the sky to yellow. Plus, a logo. It must be Dark Sun!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have to add this:

It's fucking hilarious how your OP garnered (that's a big word for you) 16 brofists. BECAUSE DARK SUN, right? Because Dark Sun is cool.

But you are one of the biggest fucking frauds in NWN modding history.

I have never seen a modder - and modders can be wordy - talk so fucking much and deliver, well, nothing at all!

I'm funny like that. If a modder does great work, I'll go full warrior mode to promote them. But if a modder is a joker like you, I'll pound them into the dirt.

Anyone that supports you is fucking ignorant. You have delivered nothing!

Again, go and do some work. Come back when you have something to play. No one cares about your rocks, manipulation of a color slider and low-resolution blurry logos that are unreadable.

A disgusting show! SHAME.

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
I have to add this:

It's fucking hilarious how your OP garnered (that's a big word for you) 16 brofists. BECAUSE DARK SUN, right? Because Dark Sun is cool.

But you are one of the biggest fucking frauds in NWN modding history.

I have never seen a modder - and modders can be wordy - talk so fucking much and deliver, well, nothing at all!

I'm funny like that. If a modder does great work, I'll go full warrior mode to promote them. But if a modder is a joker like you, I'll pound them into the dirt.

Anyone that supports you is fucking ignorant. You have delivered nothing!

Again, go and do some work. Come back when you have something to play. No one cares about your rocks, manipulation of a color slider and low-resolution blurry logos that are unreadable.

A disgusting show! SHAME.

you make me blush. i feel loved.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
2b8ab8deefa76ecdf34348483764348190253b43.jpg

The in game screenshot is about a year old and some of you may have already seen it. However we have started posting on over 30+ websites and it hadn’t been posted here yet. Plus I have learned a few things since then, so I’m going back and making changes to the Ziggurat.

You can even see some of Broms Art work that I recreated to look as paintings on stone. For example the one of Rikus, you can tell that its the same picture but it don’t look like a picture it looks more like someone painted it on solid stone.

The Real Picture

6d17031720850cd8670cc89f4dc50ee02fca8cc8.jpg

The Recreated painting for NWN

9c278ad279fa37baf2e19881600b0c4875f87d53.jpg

However I just thought that I would show you all how we are really trying to change Forgotten Realms NWN (Neverwinter Nights) into Dark Sun.

The screen shot isn’t 100% the same as the picture and it never will be, but we do feel that it looks a lot like it and after a few changes/updates to the models and textures it should even look a little closer to it.

Again we are still looking for people who have the time and would enjoy working on this project

- Website work
- Recruiting
- Art work (For example we could use some new Skyboxes)
- Interactive Map
- 3D model creation
- Scripting (code)
- NWNX Setup (yes this is something we are looking into for the online server)
- Website to Server features
- Discord to Server features
So if you have the time and would enjoy working with a great group a people come join us.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You would (maybe) get a better reaction if you were to talk about actual gameplay, not about prosper-style visuals nobody gives a damn anyway

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can't believe I missed that stuff above as a local illiterate ex-soviet. Maybe I need to begin to stalk someone.

You would (maybe) get a better reaction if you were to talk about actual gameplay, not about prosper-style visuals nobody gives a damn anyway
They're not creating game/campaign (seems like for now anyway) but assets for other people to use. On Aurora, these are downloaded usually as .hak files (or hakpacks). Say you want indeed to make a module with story in Dark Sun, you go and download big file these dudes made and load it into your own module, and you can use shit from it like all the buildings, items, monsters, whatever. Or you can use their world to run an online campaign as a DM using DM tools, stuff like that. You can also disassemble their .hak file into assets and put them into your own .hak file for your module, to get things you need, like if you liked a particular monster or tileset but you don't want players to download 5 gb of unnecessary stuff.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I was under the impression they were doing both, creating assets as well as an MORPG-part, which would require at least some basic level of gameplay

Tonden Ockay

Learned
When we very first started this project we went on the Vault and found all the things we liked and put them in haks for a base to start with. These haks can be downloaded from the Vault. However since then we have been creating a lot of new stuff that isn't in those haks for everyone to download.

Once we have all the things needed to start on the first Adventure we will then begin working on the server model. As of right now we have been mostly working on the models, textures, and the over all look of the game.

We have been recruiting writers which have started working on righting Adventures for the server.

We have been recruiting Scripters/coders to create some of the scripts needed to do the things we need/want done for the server.

So we started with NWN which has place holders for everything like classes, races, spells, combat and so on. We are changes, taking away, and adding to NWN to make it Dark Sun. There for we don't have to create a game from scratch. Most of the work is already done with NWN, its not like we are creating a game from scratch using Ureal or Unity. We only need to make some changes here and there and tweak some things. The BIGest part is making a Forgotten Realms world (NWN) look and feel like Dark Sun.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
As of right now NWN is D&D 3rd Edition

BeamDog has said that they are looking into creating a 5e D&D system for it. So for now the project is based on 3e however if 5e comes out for NWN then we will look into switching to it. Because I for once believe that WotC will be looking into releasing Dark Sun for 5e D&D soon. I could be wrong its just my opinion.

Bocian

Arcane
BeamDog has said that they are looking into creating a 5e D&D system for it.
That's fabulously optimistic, maybe in 10 years, considering it already takes them a year to put this game on GOG and they struggle to add anything to their update logs.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You can even see some of Broms Art work that I recreated to look as paintings on stone. For example the one of Rikus, you can tell that its the same picture but it don’t look like a picture it looks more like someone painted it on solid stone.

At best you painted over the original image. At worst you used a posterize or vectorize filter. You did not create anything. What you did is pretty much plagiarism which is not Ockay at all.

And no, it does not look like someone painted it on solid stone. It looks like someone took a shitty a copy of a painting and put it over a stony texture and used the overlay mode in Photoshop, because that's exactly what it is.
This is not RPGWatch or whatever gaming forums you're used to where people still marvel at the mystery of moving pictures on their screens. So it will be harder to impress anyone with your pathetic lies. Especially when every 3D model and art you've shown so far that you claim is made by you or your "team" is absolute garbage.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
I don't even have photoshop and I didn't use the old picture other then a guide to recreate it. I have already said that its Broms Art I'm not claiming that I come up with it or anything. Other then I recreated it so that the textures would match the ones in game. May be someone else could have made it faster or used photoshop to do it a quicker or easier way. However I don't have that program and I'm not that good at using paint/picture programs.

If you don't like it fine, I have done said it was recreated using Broms Art. I'm not selling it or trying to claim it as my idea/work. Its for a texture in a free to play game.

Its OK if you don't like this project whoever most Dark Sun fans do, because there isn't another project out there recreating PnP Dark Sun in a 3D video game.

No game is for everyone and that is fine. But there are a lot of people who wants to play this kind of game, but you may not be one of them and you know what that is fine.

Bocian

Arcane
Nobody says it's an end product and that it won't change in the future, everyone has to start somewhere. For the pyramid, I'd use some more toned and less bright colors; desert is not easiest of environments and the paint would lose its depth of color after some time. The paintings are a bit off-putting indeed, especially that the background doesn't match the pyramid's. IMO overall design would look better without them.
About Codexers - by the time you're here, you should already get used to what some users represent here. FeelTheRads is a resident retard who keeps shitting up every thread he appears in. If you're looking for constructive criticism it'd be better to talk to people like rogueknight333, who's an actual content creator, instead.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't even have photoshop and I didn't use the old picture other then a guide to recreate it. I have already said that its Broms Art I'm not claiming that I come up with it or anything. Other then I recreated it so that the textures would match the ones in game. May be someone else could have made it faster or used photoshop to do it a quicker or easier way. However I don't have that program and I'm not that good at using paint/picture programs.

If you don't like it fine, I have done said it was recreated using Broms Art. I'm not selling it or trying to claim it as my idea/work. Its for a texture in a free to play game.

Its OK if you don't like this project whoever most Dark Sun fans do, because there isn't another project out there recreating PnP Dark Sun in a 3D video game.

No game is for everyone and that is fine. But there are a lot of people who wants to play this kind of game, but you may not be one of them and you know what that is fine.

What a load of retarded platitudes. No shit no game is for everyone, thanks for the hint.

And oh yeah, you don't have photoshop. Sure. That totally means that's not just a shitty paint-over overlayed over a stony texture, right? If you're not that good at using those kind of programs how did you "paint" that? Are you saying you actually painted it on paper with real paints? Because otherwise, Photoshop or whatever program it was it doesn't matter.

Eh. On the one hand, I don't really like their art direction and resulting assets. On the other - at least someone is doing something in Dark Sun setting. It's certainly more than Lilura can say for xirself, lol. :codexisfor:

Tonden Ockay

Learned
We are a small team of Dark Sun fans we are not a gaming company. This is a project we all are working on in our free time not something we are getting paid to do.

Like I have said over and over we are looking for more people to help with this project, so if you feel you can do better Please join us and do so. Projects like this takes a lot of time to create and most people aren't willing to give up their free time to put in to a project this size. Most would rather play other games and sit around on the forums shooting other peoples projects down. However if you have the time and would enjoy working on this project please join.

Tonden Ockay

Learned
Thanks
Bocian

I look at it this way, even if a post is negative at least the post gets hits and people keep talking about it. For me negative attention is better then non at all and I can filter through the crap and use the positive feedback and discard the rest.

So let people keep up with all the negative posts and keep bumping my post to the top, I'm all for it :P . Its far better then getting no hits and being buried and lost on the forums for no one to find.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Preliminary announcement: I am making a Dark Sun module for NWN2!

My proposed feature list is as follows:

• Clear, non-blurry logo

darksun.png

• Single-player 80 hour epic sweeping campaign with a level range of 1-30, steeped in authentic Dark Sun lore.
• 10 player character races to choose from: Aaracokra, dwarves, elves, half-elves, half-giants, halflings, humans, muls, pterrans, thri-kreen
• 12 base classes with multi-class build support: fighter, gladiator, ranger, defiler, preserver, cleric, druid, bard, thief, trader, psionicist
• feat and skill use through reactive dialogues
• full psionics implementation (clairsentient, psychokinetic, psychometabolic, psychoportive, telepathic)
• tactical city-state, monster and wilderness encounters - massive battles that require strategy cam mode. Tony K's AI mod incorporated
• SoZ overland map complete with waylays, sandstorms, dehydration mechanic and modification of movement rate over the Sea of Silt
• SoZ full party creation and control of a party of six
• sculpted desert terrains with sandstorms, dunes, haze, optical illusions
• non-linear exploration and questing in and around hubs
• reactive questing and flavorsome dialogue (employs SoZ party chat)
• overall emphasis on survival, resource management and strategy
• no spam thread of my own on the 'Dex. I will just use this thread!

I am currently recruiting scripters, writers and terrain sculptors. If you're interested in joining a Dark Sun team, contact me here or on my blog. We will have no promotional difficulties as my 1-mil-views-per-year blog will become our dev blog!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
What about 3d modellers?

I can do that myself. I have several years of experience with 3d apps. That said, I'm not against other 3d artist contributions because the workload is non-trivial.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Eh. On the one hand, I don't really like their art direction and resulting assets.

That is because they exhibit no artistic talent or flair.

at least someone is doing something in Dark Sun setting.

dabbling and diddlysquat isn't "something". OP has shown nothing playable in several years. Only spam-threads that go nowhere. Dark Sun fans deserve better.

It's certainly more than Lilura can say for xirself, lol.

You are easily impressed. With such pitifully low standards, you will likely deem my first foray a recreative masterpiece.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom