Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Matt "Capitalism is Evil" MacLean? Yeah, no.
Matt "polar bear rape xD" MacLean
Matt "trespasser's grave" MacLean
Matt "Safiya and Eb :love:" MacLean

Developer
Didn't he leave?

He (Matt) told me in mid-April his last day was May 11th, but what exactly that meant (ex: remote contracting), I don't know.

I have chatted with him a few times since, although we didn't talk about Obsidian at all, we talked about future possible projects as well as other remote/contracting development stuff and the logistics of it.

I do know he was asked if he wanted to be a PD on the DLCs before mid-April, however (by Chris Parker, I think), and it wasn't something he was interested in doing at the time. Anything's possible since.

2house2fly

Magister
They help connect you to the action a bit more, though the sudden zoom-in can be a bit jarring. Autopause On Killcam would be a good option

Yosharian

Arcane
So I had some fun making this in response to some interesting conversations on the Obsidian forums:

XPrbMWp.jpg

Original concept art:

BgXlGIQ.png

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Killcams lol. Anyway, the bogdruid fight near Sayuka is pretty tough, had to leave and will come back later. Even though they are at around my level, they spam heal themselves and due to Engagement I can't reliably get them away from their moonwells. I'm also starting to realize my party is kinda shit, all damage, almost no utility and I'm relying on the Druid to keep everyone up with heals. I'm kinda playing it like an MMO party lol. Evoker is also very limited when you get down to it, I don't know if it's worth the chance for extra damage and am thinking a generalist, or some other school, would be better. Penetration is still driving me nuts. I think debuff duration is too short, I barely manage to Ringleader someone and before they can do significant damage they are already loose.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
They must have ordered boxes of these toys wholesale from some obscure backwater Chinese retail that has like 2 indentured labourers kept alive by herbal medicine and half a dog working there, making 10 of them per minute.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How many here are going to play Pathfinder? I wonder what the consensus will be compared to our beloved dumpsterfire.
I will play it for certainty. I refuse to accept that a worst writing than PoE2 is possible to exist in this world!

They must have ordered boxes of these toys wholesale from some obscure backwater Chinese retail that has like 2 indentured labourers kept alive by herbal medicine and half a dog working there, making 10 of them per minute.
And this coming from a turk.... You do know that your country is known for exact same thing,90% of all the shoddy products in Europa are made in kebabland. When a thing is low quality people are joking that most likely is made in kebabland or china.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

And this coming from a turk.... You do know that your country is known for exact same thing,90% of all the shabby products in Europa are made in kebabland. When a thing is low quality people are joking that most likely is made in kebabland or china.

Do you have all your thoughts under the shadow of 500 years of slavery?

Regardless, there is no production industry here. People would wish we'd have a trade surplus like China. Mainly it's foodstuffs, textile and part manufacturing in terms of exports.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And this coming from a turk.... You do know that your country is known for exact same thing,90% of all the shabby products in Europa are made in kebabland. When a thing is low quality people are joking that most likely is made in kebabland or china.

Do you have all your thoughts under the shadow of 500 years of slavery?
:whatho:
How the fuck this have anything to do with your reputation for shoddy products?! I just pointed out the irony of your statement!

FreeKaner

:whatho:
How the fuck this have anything to do with your reputation for shoddy products?! I just pointed out the irony of your statement!

Because backwater of China is more tangible to write than [insert cheap production country here]. China doesn't only make cheap materials for that matter and their industrial material is quality, they just offer cheaper alternatives on a mass scale which happens to be target for jokes because they are the country which worldwide sell these and are globally recognised for it. There is no irony because my birthplace is irrelevant to the statement in question, except of course haunting your thoughts.

Quillon

Arcane
And this coming from a turk.... You do know that your country is known for exact same thing,90% of all the shoddy products in Europa are made in kebabland. When a thing is low quality people are joking that most likely is made in kebabland or china.

Why the fuck are we using chinese shabby products instead of our own? ffs. Erdo should open some shabby electronics industry here. And we should buy a bar!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Why the fuck are we using chinese shabby products instead of our own? ffs. Erdo should open some shabby electronics industry here. And we should buy a bar!

:lol: We do mate,that is why we have the saying about shoddy kebab products and for the chinese crap ;). We even bought shoddy vaccines from kebab land,i do hope we vaccinate immigrant and not our kids with them tho. At least you have a sense of humour for a kebab ;).

Yosharian

Arcane
"Now remember the purpose of Obsidian offering these minis to backers isn't to provide backers with sweet collectables: it's to raise more funds for developing Deadfire. So even if Obsidian could produce better minis for the $25 price tag they had attached to them (and I'm not sure they could given what I explained above), much of that $25 is not going to go to doing so."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LoL you still play this dumpsterfire?!
Coming from a guy who played and finished Dragon Age Inquisition

BTW folks, I reached the discovery that having 4 out of 5 characters multiclassed makes the game extra-hard, especially when playing ot PotD. Had to restart with a less crazy party. This time I turned on Abydon's, Eothas', and Galawain's challenges (wild boars exploding on death is insane). I have to say the game becomes very fun when you have to make it to the checkpoint or you get a game over.

Last edited:

FreeKaner

aren't kebabs from arabia?

Meat on a stick isn't exactly rocket science.

However pre-made and seasoned meat cooked over fire serviced with vegetables likely originates from Iran that spread to rest of middle-east. "Kebab" people generally know, that's layers of meat on a stick that stands upright near a parallel fire likely is from what's now Turkey in last 300 years or so.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Thought this would be appropriate for this page
memri-tv-n-the-bulgarians-built-an-iron-pot-which-29860802.png

And mm, yeah I might give this game a go see if I can finish it unlike its predecessor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom