Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ace Attorney coming to steam!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/phoenix...g-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-early-2019

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in early 2019
posted on 09.22.18 at 03:24 AM EDT by Sal Romano (@salromano)

Ace Attorney goes multiplatform.
image: https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Phoenix-Wright-AA-Trilogy_09-22-18.jpg

Phoenix-Wright-AA-Trilogy_09-22-18.jpg

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam worldwide in early 2019, Capcom announced during a Tokyo Game Show 2018 stage event. In Japan, a collector’s physical edition and e-Capcom limited edition will be released.

The collection includes all 14 chapters of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice For All, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations. It features both English and Japanese language settings, and offers up to 10 save data slots.

Watch the announcement trailer and first gameplay below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official Japanese website here.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/09/phoenix...itch-and-pc-in-early-2019#LpMvxtFA5kB6Vljw.99

this seriesis my adventure gaming gateway drug. during my teenage years i found the game when i bought my NDS, instantly fell in love with it, one thing led to another, and made me experience all sorts of VN adventure games, from zero escape, to gabriel knight, monkey island to modern wadjet eye games and daedalic.

without this game i wouldn't be posting in this forum rn, and i will absolutely get and replay it. :love:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Does it also have the Nintendo DS extra-chapter of the first game ?

I am incredibly happy at japanese people finally realizing the vacuity of the pursuit of allowing consoles to survive ; the PC domination and universal platforms are the only way for us to progress as a species.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Does it also have the Nintendo DS extra-chapter of the first game ?

I am incredibly happy at japanese people finally realizing the vacuity of the pursuit of allowing consoles to survive ; the PC domination and universal platforms are the only way for us to progress as a species.
young ema skye is on the trailer.i assume rise from the ashes is included

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
for people that aren't familiar with ace attorney, it's basically a japan wacky defense attorney simulator. to this day, i am still firm that AA is still have the best dialogue and context based puzzle in all gaming. alot of people consider this series a visual novel, but i disagree. it has lot more in common with adventure games than VN. the only similarity between AA and visual novel is the dialogue interface and the visuals looks like VN. there are basically 2 kinds of gameplay: the investigations and the court scene.

the investigations plays alot like pixel hunting part of an adventure game, you have this beautifully drawn background, and you point and click to gather evidence and interact with the enviroment. evidences will be added to court-records, which is basically your inventory. you also interact with people, interrogate, get leads that open access to new location, new evidence and people.

the meat of the series is really the court scene. especially the cross examination. there is not really the classic inventory and item based puzzle. in cross examination you are given a statement, and there is/are a contradiction inside the statement and in each evidence and character profile, there is a context and a proof of such contradiction. you present the evidence that there is a contradictory statement frm the testimony and slowly reach the conclusion in wacky, heated battle followed by wacky meltdown from the culprits.

in theory, you can brute force every puzzle by presenting evidences one by one, but especially in original trilogy, there are easily 2 to 3 dozens of items so it would take hell lot of time to brute force, like you can brute force classic inventory puzzle but it will be super annoying.

beside one of the best detective gameplay i have ever played, it has great, wacky writing that's sometimes serious and sometimes wacky, really if you're familiar with yakuza games, you'll know what to expect. it is kidna similar how AA change tone from serious murder tragedy to characters joking about ladders. the soundtrack is awesome, it is filled with (mostly) lovable characters, well written characters, especially the main, recurring cast.

while the games outside of OT are kinda casualized (they remove the ability to present profile, which lowers the probability significantly) and in ace attorney 5 they took the ability to click at every object and limit it to context specific point and clicking, whic pissed of alot of fans and they actually boruht tit back for ace attorney 6. overally the series is consistently good, with 2 and 4 being the weakest entry of the series, 5 was kinda mediocre too and i see 6 as return to form

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I thought this game and its ilks are for fujoshi, but I guess it's worth trying.
while the game's fanbase consist of .. well some lewd fanart of phoenix and edgy, there are top waifus too for the other kind of degenerates. (altho the best one are usually dead, in fact the best one is DEAD! you'll know when you see her)

Tigranes

Arcane
I have the trilogy on my 3DS and they're fun, light little games.

You are railroaded into the weird 'adventure game logic' of the series a bit too often for it to have truly robust detective gameplay, but there are still nice moments when you're trying to figure out how it really happened, or what is the one piece of evidence you need to present at a given moment.

The writing itself is cheesy, but usually not in a super cringe way. The 'gimmicky' characters tend to be the annoying ones, but usually they are not so over the top.

Obviously this is a Jap game and some female characters have breasts the size of Montana, and you're a moron if you get turned on by that shit, but it's no more prevalent than in Etrian Odyssey. The best thing they did was have the girl who actually wears clothes be the long-time sidekick, instead of the woman who wants to show her boobs to everybody on Earth.

Perkel

Arcane
One of the best GBA/DS/3DS series and one of the most fun games you can play finally comes to PC (and xbox1/ps4/switch) and they even remade graphics. Ace Attorney Trilogy will contain 3 games. While each is completely closed game by itself they build overarching great story over course of those games. Capcom has been on the roll lately.

AA1 music is legendary:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good news but this belongs in JRPG. Most VN type games go there.

Or arguably Adventure game.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck yes. Also GHOST TRICK is capcom game so i think it will be released on PC in future.
ACE1 and Ghost Trick are my 2 most favorite games from 3DS.

Whole Trilogy is great but ACE1 is special. Especially the music and how it perfectly encapsulates what is going on screen giving you such a rush of adrenaline from seemingly game about lawyers talking.

Also worth noting is that both ACE and GT behave more like western with some anime tropes rather than animu garbage.
Especially writing is great.

At first i thought ACE games are ridiculous but then i heard that japanese prosecutors have like 98% chance of winning there...

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
How the hell are they going to adapt DS games for big screen presentation? It would mean totally assets retouching.

Tigranes

Arcane
Hahahaha. The 3DS trilogy is $30. And I'd say the amount of gameplay you get is pretty chunky, certainly worth $20 at least.

But given any 'retouching' they do will be either pointless or annoying, $40 sounds silly.

Perkel

Arcane
The Steam page is already up.

40 bucks for the trilogy.

Yeah, no thanks.

If you didn't play it, it is well worth 100$ imho. It is just fucking long good game (if you take ac1-3 as one game because they kind of work like 3 chapters of one bigger story)
Unlike most of walking sims and adventure games they are not short.

ACE1 took me about 25 hours
ACE2 took me about 19 hours
ACE3 took me about 30 hours

And those are pretty consistent with How long to beat website (aside from 3 which i took longer because i failed one case and had to redo it)

So you are looking at about 70 hours of really great game. ACE1-3 also are very similar so they look and behave like one game.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I did play them on the Nintendo DS (using pirated ROMs, yes, so ?) so I know they are fairly lengthy. Still, it's an old package sold at a premium price even if the graphics have been reworked a bit. I guess I will set an alarm on isthereanydeal.com for twenty bucks.

Perkel

Arcane
Wow, what a blunder :D

No wonder I thought they had reworked the graphics.

If you look at the trailer they did. And it doesn't look bad as anime. Old pixel art can't really work on big screen as GBa/DS res was like 240x160

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom