Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Isn't that what one of the pets does?
Grog just removes engagement and makes knock-outs permadeath.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, I decided to try this Mega Boss battle, because I was sure that I would mop the floor with her.

ZGzeKCy.jpg

1st try: 40 minutes battle. Hard, I was barely hitting, but alive. Then after ~35 min she started to focus in one character at a time. No chance at all.
2nd try: after ~20 minutes, this happened:

2MWt6yK.jpg

Game over.

I dont have any idea how people are winning this. Holy fuck, this is crazy hard.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
You need to be in the Crystal Desert in order to defeat her, for reasons I wont disclose.

The fight is still insanely difficult. Possibly the hardest boss fight of any game I've ever played.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You need to be in the Crystal Desert in order to defeat her, for reasons I wont disclose.

The fight is still insanely difficult. Possibly the hardest boss fight of any game I've ever played.

I will play the game again after the last dlc, but not before. So, looks like I'll have to wait. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2house2fly

Magister
It's kind of funny that at the end of the first DLC you fought a dragon the gods themselves were nervous about, before going on to fight an actual god, and meanwhile there's this spider that ate a magic rock that could wipe the floor with both of them together, just chilling out on an island

2house2fly

Magister
You'd think if they want to tease the next DLC they'd have one of the details be "did you notice the origin of the relic the dragon was after never got explained?" instead such subtle hidden details as "Vatnir looks like Rymrgand" and "you meet Rymrgand in the main game too"

Jezal_k23

So, I decided to try this Mega Boss battle, because I was sure that I would mop the floor with her.
ZGzeKCy.jpg

1st try: 40 minutes battle. Hard, I was barely hitting, but alive. Then after ~35 min she started to focus in one character at a time. No chance at all.
2nd try: after ~20 minutes, this happened:

2MWt6yK.jpg

Game over.

I dont have any idea how people are winning this. Holy fuck, this is crazy hard.

Being consumed to death by a big ass spider sounds disturbing as fuck.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm kinda excited about the megabosses now that people are saying they are crazy difficult. I fixed my technical issues btw, it was indeed a faulty video card, so I can continue my playthrough.

Flou

Arbiter
Huh, Matt MacLean was the director for the second DLC, not Brandon Adler

Didn't he leave?

Contract work?

Project director hired as a freelancer? To me that sounds like a job title you want to give someone who actually works for you and you alone and not some of your competition as well. Since his "departure" he has been credited on both of the DLCs, to me it seems like he is still working at Obsidian and Avellone's information was false / blatant lies.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I caved in and installed GOG Galaxy. Again. Main reason - my wife really wants to collect achievements.

My new playthrough is with Abydon's challenge (hence on PotD) and a fully custom party. I am only keeping Eder as long as I need to in order to fill up my party with custom characters.

What made me most interested in another playthrough was the party and characters' concept - a team of less serious and brooding characters, with more piratey and less "Pillars of Eternity-style fantasy" theme.

The new party will be based around skills I didn't use much in my first playthrough - there will be a sneaking orlan who plants explosives on people, a main character who uses diplomacy and trickery in a larger measure, etc. I am also attempting to multiclass as much as I can, and use classes I didn't use in the first playthrough. Let's see how much difference it all makes.

I've moved the game to the beta 3.0 branch, so I will be getting to the megaboss, but I guess it will be old news by the time I accumulate the XP for him.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Project director hired as a freelancer? To me that sounds like a job title you want to give someone who actually works for you and you alone and not some of your competition as well. Since his "departure" he has been credited on both of the DLCs, to me it seems like he is still working at Obsidian and Avellone's information was false / blatant lies.

For a small DLC, possibly yes.

I did hear from other sources that he had left.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Imagine if Matt was so angry that Chris was going around implying he was going to quit out of frustration that he decided to stay to spite him. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom