Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Soldat, Polish-made freeware 2D arena shooter originally released in 2002, is coming to Steam:

Soldat is fucking amazing for LAN parties, if anyone still does those.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DreadOut 2, the sequel to the well-regarded Indonesian horror adventure... is now a horror action game?:

ss_35a6439fc4972a8528dbac5cb5fc3fae0dadc337.600x338.jpg

A unique take on third person action adventure survival horror with Indonesian supernatural in veins. Mixed gameplay of city exploring, “DreadOut” style smartphone ghost hunting and new action packed battle within DreadOut supernatural world.

Features:
Non Linear Survival Horror
  • Explore sleepy lil' town, night and day to solve terrifying urban legends that haunt within
  • Interact with various unique NPCs and tons of side-quests
  • Banishing ghost with smart-phone equipped in classic DreadOut style

Action Fantasy Horror
  • Delve deeper in DreadOut supernatural world with new action packed battle mechanic
  • Battle hideous bosses that roamed in the supernatural world
  • Consume demon's spirits and absorb their dozen unique abilities / weapons at your disposal

DreadSouls.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Capcom bumping bundle:

Relive the glory days of cooperative arcade games with the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle! This comprehensive collection includes seven classic games, each with various multiplayer options, online capabilities and detailed galleries!

Say goodbye to game overs! Adjust your difficulty settings or give yourself more lives to battle through each game in its entirety. You can also play the English or Japanese versions of each title!

Games included: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Warriors of Fate, as well as two games that were previously unavailable on consoles: Armored Warriors and Battle Circuit!

Grab some friends, stare down the bad guys and BEAT 'EM UP!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Beat 'em ups were probably my favourite genre in the arcades back in the day,have most of them in MAME in my pc right now.BTW where are Cadillacs and Dinosaurs,Punisher and Alien vs Predator?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
BTW where are Cadillacs and Dinosaurs,Punisher and Alien vs Predator?

I'm not sure cost of re-licensing all that will fit in $24.99. Also the licensees probably won't like being bundled as one product with games that are nothing to do with their own IP.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
BTW where are Cadillacs and Dinosaurs,Punisher and Alien vs Predator?

I'm not sure cost of re-licensing all that will fit in $24.99. Also the licensees probably won't like being bundled as one product with games that are nothing to do with their own IP.

Eh you are probably right about the licensing,didn't think about it but this thing is going to cost 25$?That's a bit expensive for just 7 old mostly 16bit era games,Sega has their mega drive bundle for 30 and it includes like 50 games and you can get most of them for just 1$ separately if I remember correctly

Last edited:

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a very difficult game.
Because in reality, an inflatable doll can be very difficult to resist.
So we tried to simulate real life as much as possible.
Let you experience what it's like to be a sex doll.

The inflatable dolls will come in the form of underwear only.
Killing humans will have the effect of lens bleeding.

:shredder:

Heretic

Cipher
Big titles:

A F2P 3rd-person brawler by Grasshopper Manufacture

An indie first-person scifi adventure. Looks a bit inspired by System Shock, but is it good?

A 2D platformer with time stopping

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Felix The Reaper, Daedalic-published puzzle game:

Release in 2019? Wait, is State of Mind their only release this year (beside The Pillars of the Earth Book 3)? Are they dying or what.

Heretic

Cipher
A 2D platformer with time stopping

Eh...
https://www.destructoid.com/review-timespinner-523726.phtml
Once Lunais has explored a bit she can find some NPCs and bring them back to a hub area. Some of them will offer her quests to kill a certain number of enemies, find information about the future, or recover a lost item. I found it interesting that pretty much every important character in the game, from the protagonist to the NPCs, is LGBTQ. There's even a sidequest where you help two male characters go on a date late in the game.

Locked discussion on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/368620/discussions/0/1734339901240147797/

Discussion about the locked discussion:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/368620/discussions/0/1734340257881743236/

Reddit discussion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/9it1u6/timespinner_launch_trailer/
However, literally all of the protagonists are LGBTQ. There are 6 main characters and they're all LGBTQ. Two are gay males in a relationship, one is bi male who was in a relationship with one of the gay males, one is transgender MtF, one is a gay asexual female (dates women but doesnt wnat sex), and the protagonist is bi with a preference for women and ends up in a relationship the MtF.

This isn't diversity and all of the plot points related to it are entirely removed from the main story. They're delivered through side quests that focus on their LGBTQ nature, and when you complete them all, you get a solid five minute scene where they all talk about their sexuality

The writing was outsourced to a company called Silverstring Media:

A 2D Metroidvania Platformer successfully Kickstarted in 2014, Timespinner is about a young woman who travels through time to destroy the empire that killed her family. Silverstring Media was hired to help develop and streamline the expansive story universe, strengthen the core story, and write the dialogue for the game. Timespinner is being developed by Lunar Ray Games.
http://thisisvideogames.com/gamergatewiki/index.php/Silverstring_Media = Maya Kramer, Anita Sarkeesian, Jonathan McIntosh

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher
However, literally all of the protagonists are LGBTQ. There are 6 main characters and they're all LGBTQ. Two are gay males in a relationship, one is bi male who was in a relationship with one of the gay males, one is transgender MtF, one is a gay asexual female (dates women but doesnt wnat sex), and the protagonist is bi with a preference for women and ends up in a relationship the MtF.

This isn't diversity and all of the plot points related to it are entirely removed from the main story. They're delivered through side quests that focus on their LGBTQ nature, and when you complete them all, you get a solid five minute scene where they all talk about their sexuality
Sounds like Codex GOTY material to me.:bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom