Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Steam review score: mixed with 48% reviews being positive.

InXile, wtf are you doing?

newtmonkey

Arcane
Not drunk enough yet, instead I decided to try The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians from my Steam library and ended up playing it for 70 mins straight. Seems pretty good so far, Real time blobber without dance of death, though you can use the real time nature of the combat to flee from combat and draw enemies into traps. XD

Got about 1/3rd that bottle left, so let's see if I wake tomorrow morning with some ugly broad in my bed—I mean, Bard's Tale IV purchased and sitting in my Steam library!

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer

If you actually read the steam reviews most of the negative reviews are just people complaining aboout what the game ISN'T rather than what it actually is

That’s probably justified, given that it ISN’T a real Bard’s Tale game (beyond the superficial dressings anyway).

Xeon

Augur
People who are familiar with The Bard's Tales series being disappointed? Bard's Tale is an old IP, don't think most people even know anything about it to have some expectation.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Not drunk enough yet, instead I decided to try The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians from my Steam library and ended up playing it for 70 mins straight. Seems pretty good so far, Real time blobber without dance of death, though you can use the real time nature of the combat to flee from combat and draw enemies into traps. XD

Got about 1/3rd that bottle left, so let's see if I wake tomorrow morning with some ugly broad in my bed—I mean, Bard's Tale IV purchased and sitting in my Steam library!

Try the 7th Circle, if you want to play a turn-based roguelike single-char blobber with a good horror mood, it's more competent than BT4

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
:retarded::retarded::retarded:

LoL the main quest is bugged and you can't progress "bones in the fog". I don't know what to say.... those people deserve what they get. Fargo up yours!

All the main quest cheevos after that point are still stuck at 0% on Steam, 72 hours after release. So yeah, looks like the main quest might be impossible to complete right now. No wonder so many reviewers still have "reviews in progress" :shittydog:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

LoL the main quest is bugged and you can't progress "bones in the fog". I don't know what to say.... those people deserve what they get. Fargo up yours!

i'm not touching it until it's patched

no idea why some of you folks are still trying to push forward and setting yourself up for raeg

Themadcow

Augur
People who are familiar with The Bard's Tales series being disappointed? Bard's Tale is an old IP, don't think most people even know anything about it to have some expectation.

Bards Tale Remastered Trilogy: 232 reviews
Bards Tale 4: 378 reviews

There's probably a fair overlap there. Let's not forget that anyone in their 40's or older (a large part of the market) would have had BT and Wizardry as their formative RPG experiences. Not quite the only show in town at the time, but almost.

V_K

Arcane

no idea why some of you folks are still trying to push forward and setting yourself up for raeg
They're doing community service. How else would inXile know there are bugs? It's not like they have any money left for proper testing - elite hookers don't come cheap.

Themadcow

Augur
I just googled "7th Circle" and the youtube results were not what I was expecting, but fun none the less.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

All the main quest cheevos after that point are still stuck at 0% on Steam, 72 hours after release. So yeah, looks like the main quest might be impossible to complete right now. No wonder so many reviewers still have "reviews in progress" :shittydog:
I am more interested in all those that apparently finished it,like ACG :lol::lol::lol:. What a lying cuck that one.

Hunger for new rpgs and high tolerance for bugs and bad graphic :). The game is ok,even runs ok after the first few hours of horror. Still a patch will be welcomed.....since i can't finish it.

Morkar Left

Oh well, that means I should actually wait till at least the first path before actually playing it... :|

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

You're just deliberately being obtuse now, I hope, since otherwise I would be quite concerned about your mental faculties.
Anyway it's pretty telling that ad hominem arguments are all you can muster regarding the points I made.

You're the one intentionally misrepresenting all criticisms as a dislike of change.

It's clear to many people that this game is severely dumbed-down and throws out many fundamental RPG concepts in favor of its battle system. The developers wanted something more strategic, and ended up with something severely restrictive, kludgey, and unintuitive.... but not much more fun. It's so baffling because there's no reason for this, these goals are not mutually exclusive; just look at Starcrawlers.

They have the gall to slap a franchise label on the cover? This does not feel like a Bard's Tale game. This game was made by people who dislike Bard's Tale and think they know better. "Oh you want to create your party? Fuck you. You want to level grind to get stronger? That's so gauche, you prole. You want to have a bunch of classes? Fuck off. Oh you want to change classes? We're revoking your sale. You're not woke enough to play our game."

Hell, the backers don't even seem to like it. Who did they even make this for?

Mortmal

Arcane
Not played something so enterta

Cause its a really good game under the countless glitches and bugs and we do enjoy gaming. Not played something so entertaining since long. Alas if my main quest is bugged like fantadomat i may have to stop too.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If you actually read the steam reviews most of the negative reviews are just people complaining aboout what the game ISN'T rather than what it actually is

Yes.

People complaining about what it isn't.

Such as a good game.

Perfectly legit reason for complaining.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Aslo what inxile hate? I am uneducated on the drama angle apparently.

I think the inXile hate started with the pile of hot dogshit that was Numanuma. Entirely deserved. A lot of people also hate Fargo specifically, for some reason.

inXile is alright in my book. WL2 DC is fantastic, Numanuma is garbage and BT4 is a good game that just needs a few more months of cooking. Nobody is perfect, everyone fucks up now and then. For the final verdict imma wait for WL3.
I read the InXile faq on Wasteland 2 and they claim they changed the encounters, how much actually?

The number one reason I hated Wasteland 2 original was that pretty much 60% of the game were extra long pure combat gauntlets against copy pasted boring enemies.

There wasn't a sense of clever design on the encounters and areas, with alot of areas being really uninteresting design wise and quite linear.

The true name for Wasteland 2 should be Fillerland 2.

You had really fun places like Titan Valley and the polite people town but that was too little reward for alot of torture. Im asking because Im really skrptical of an update turning garbage like Ag Center and Highpool on something like the Titan Valley.

Did the DC changed the story and they actually added NPCs and new quests to flesh out their half assed post apocalyptic setting? I was bored out of my mind how you could transplant most of the bland garbage areas on any other post apocalyptic setting and nobody would notice it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom