Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Random Non-Japanese Asian RPG News Thread

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
This looks quite cool :

Chaos Sector is a retro style game that pays homage to many strategic games on the game console platform in 1995-2005.

Story background:
G.E.1012,the First Alien Impact occurred. The giant beast, named Pale Dragon, ran through the Galaxy with millions of monsters followed.destroyed thousands of worlds of the Empire. The great fleet of 10000 warships led by the Emperor, fighted against Pale Dragon.Though they hit the beast, and thrown it into void, But the Emperor himself died, and the imperial forces lost half of its elite. After the Empire be greatly reduced, many area no longer obey orders.
G.E.1018, a vassal of the Empire, Tosho Shogunate, announced its independence. The Prime Minister send three fleets intruded into Tosho Shogunate, for the remnants of the Empire's authority. But for the Tosho Shogunate's Mobile Samurais were good at combat, the war lasted nearly two years. the Empire was put in a tight spot, many vassals and sectors ready to made trouble. Final, the Empire used Nuclear Bombs and destroyed all planets of Shogunate. However, the Shogunate army broke up the whole into parts Several groups of pirates been set up and intruded into the Empire. They plundered the tribute ships, attacked planets, the chaotic situation was further expanded.
G.E.1022, The pirate war was underway in the Northsky sector. The Northsky fleet, which has an overwhelming force, encircled the Emishi Pirates in the Lushun Star area. The Second Alien Impact occurred suddenly in Lushun.
The main force of the Northsky fleet was extinguished in a moment. the Emishi Pirates could also escaped by disarray.
The second alien giant beast, then it was named Typhoeus by the Imperial Observatory. With the advent of Typhoeus, the Relay Point of Northsky Gate in Lushun lost. The Northsky Sector lost its connection with other imperial sectors, and fell into a state of chaos…

Game mechanism:
◎ Managing your planetary worlds: Improving productivity to Increase weekly Income, or building Star Forts to resist aggression.
◎ Research on technology: acquiring new equipment to strengthen different kinds of troops.
◎ Training commanders: With political or military operations, commanders' attributes will be freely promoted. It will also unlocks a number of new skills.
◎ Build troops: Each facion has many dedicated units, and each unit can be upgraded to become stronger after fighting.
◎ War: When you built a powerful fleet, you can attack the nearby enemy planet. Before that, you also can destroy the enemy's fortress through sabotage action.
◎ A variety of events: the new commander joining, the new route founding, and each faction have 2 different endings.
◎ Obtaining Collection: All of 16 commanders and 20 units can be collected in various ways.
◎ Battlefield fog: everything is unknown in the vast space and you may suddenly encounter an enemy raid at any time.
◎ Various unit abilities: stealth, radar, beam field, corrosion, supply, heal, repair, launching nuclear bombs, and even capture enemy units to join us.
◎ commander's tactical skills: as accumulate spirit points on the battlefield, each commander can display different and identical super tactical skills: Second shooting, second action, poisonous fog, mind control and even the creation of black holes to transfer away enemy units.

Now, use your wisdom, command your fleet and burn out the whole universe!
dev said:
Around 1995-2005, as a teenager, I spent a lot of time playing strategy games such as Sangokushi, Nobunaga's Ambition, Super Robot Wars, and Giren no Yabou.It doesn't seem to be a waste of time in retrospect, but it's more worth remembering than the Pay-to-Win mobile games, which focuses on player retention and payment rates.
Later, I worked in Perfect World company and some other mobile game companies for 10 years, making Pay-to-Win games.
I was so tired of all this. In late 2017, I quit my job and started making this Chaos Sector on my own. The development process lasted 14 months, it just like back to 20 years ago in a dream. I conceived, painted, and programmed with all my heart, to build a vintage piece that could be compared to the old turn-based strategy games I played as a teenager.
It's done.
The traditional grand strategy turn-based strategy game, an ancient game type that has long been extinct from this era, is a bottle of old wine that has been dug up after being buried 20 years ago.
I hope you also appreciate this untimely dream.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
This looks quite cool :

ss_880ff0989fd78d19ddf07a17605996b236c5f4b5.600x338.jpg

I spent a lot of time playing strategy games such as Sangokushi, Nobunaga's Ambition

Looks like some of the inspirations are a little bit literal. :shittydog:

wLLk4hB.jpg
FPSuwpc.jpg

(Left: Nobunaga Oda from Koei's Nobunaga's Ambition, Right: Baiken from Guilty Gear)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
No, it's terrible because there are not enough types of units, and the few available ones are not even that different. They are 17 types of units in total, two very similars sets of 6 for each playable clan and 5 for the third non-playable clan. The game feels like you're playing the 2 same fights, depending on the enemy clan, over and over again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Tale of Wuxia developers are making a new game with a new publisher.

:shredder:

Steam page:

ss_54ed816da5cd441f5015eb0124c4129596e45a18.600x338.jpg
ss_5dba13b0e96b599c540523ecbf22bc1363072b6b.600x338.jpg

Chinese only at the moment.

Ho Tu Lo Shu: The Books of Dragon is the third title of Heluo Studio since its return to the PC game market with the game, Tale of Wuxia. It inherits the trademark feature of Heluo Studio, high degree of freedom for players, creating an wuxia style open world for the first time. With realistic art style and rich character development, Ho Tu Lo Shu:The Books of Dragon allows player to explore a vast wuxia world and create their own adventure with the company of various memorable characters.

Vast open world without loading screen
The biggest open world CRPGs ever made! Explore caves, mountains and all the secret areas hiding on the map, roam free and experience the beauty of this world. Run into rare encounter around the corner or chase mysterious legend across this breathing wuxia world where every NPCs have their own inventory, property, works, preferences and routines.

A quest to find a way home
Drifting in time and space, you accidentally came to this unfamiliar wuxia world. Eager to find a way back home, you begin your search on Ho Tu and Lo Shu, the two lost books of dragon. Follow clues and questlines, learn various styles of martial arts and gather fearless characters into your squad in order to fight your way through dangerous foes and sinister plot. Or simply venture off the track and dig into the story of the people you meet on the road. Help them along the way or betray them, it’s all your choice.

The next generation of turn-based strategy battle
No loading screen and background changes, fierce battle begins right on the spot. Spend your action point carefully on moving, using martial arts and items. Command the four members of your squad and face the challenges and surprises of fearsome beasts, honorable masters and cunning villains of Wulin.

Rich character development with flexible martial arts combination
Firmness, Softness, Quickness, Calmness, Cleverness and Dullness, among the six paths of inspirations, which one will you take? What kinds of profound techniques will you choose to master in each of the martial arts skill trees? With careful planning of your inspiration and martial arts, you will be able to build the one and only Xia of your ideal.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What the hell is with these Chinese titles crawling out of nowhere? I mean, I'm hype for new RPGs as much as the next guy, but they really need to sort out their translations. I don't know what's more annoying - publishing with what seems to be machine translation or Chinese fans suddenly getting butthurt when someone asks for English translation. How do you like that traditional medicine when you're on the the receiving end?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Could be fun, could be shit. I like the graphic style and gameplay looks fun in the trailer.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Swords of Legend 3 or GuJian 3. First two games are on Steam. First game is being fan translated.

Steam page, Chinese language only as expected:

ss_611937d87d07ffdd3a9ff42f75f1bab8a73f2ac8.600x338.jpg
ss_6845afa3d6111e82a812433d18779a3def378d29.600x338.jpg

---

Fairy in a Jar, a cutesy looking thing probably made with RPG Maker. Chinese only as well:

ss_aec918a4f68d667eda7651fa07ce1e7406fcc071.600x338.jpg
ss_8253eb338b8be078644742b74f05fc8d323336f0.600x338.jpg

Skall

Learned

What is this craziness? I've seen clips of this game elsewhere, but none of the videos were in English so I can't even search for the title (unlike the more well known titles such as Sword & Fairy).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam on February 26, 2019, with the Xbox One version launching in the same release window.

From Korean developers btw.

Suicidal

Arcane
What the fuck, so many interesting looking games in this thread and almost none are in English.

That Sword of Legend game showed up on my steam today and I decided to check out what some chink game is doing in the top sellers and it looks like some Dragon's Dogma/Devil May Cry shit, complete with good visuals and animations and cool looking combat. What the fuck? I want that!

It's times like these I'm sad I was born a filthy westerner.

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

"Bloody Spell" is a martial arts action role-playing game. The core of the game is battle-oriented, and it combines many fighting elements and systems.

Ten years ago, Yejin and his sister Li went to practice martial arts under the sect of Wanfa. Since then, they have been far away from the complicated human world.Ten years later, the mysterious organization that claimed to be Void Legion invaded the sect, and then the world was in chaos, and the brothers and sisters were reinvested in the chaotic world.The sisters who are dependent on each other are taken hostage, and the disciples have been killed in one by one... At the moment when the bloodthirsty spell is opened, Yejin who knows himself, can he fulfill his commitment to everyone? And who is the last to be able to help the building, to save the devastated world?

In terms of combat, this game uses multi-weapon switching as the main feature, and for each weapon in different speeds, power and positioning, design a variety of different skills, a variety of skills combo, greatly enhance the game cool feeling, excellent hitting and handling feel make it even better.

The highlight of the level design is the form of random combination, that is, the scenes, monsters, equipment, and configuration of the props that the player is reborn after death are different from before, so that the game presents diverse characteristics, increasing the level variables and The game is fun.

The "Bloody Spell" system is that, Yejin uses special skills in the body's evil spirit curse to achieve various effects such as violent walking, bullet time, roar breaking, assassination execution, counterattack and blood return, etc., which is to enhance the character's attack power and auxiliary combat. And to simplify the battle, add to the character and weapon attributes, and some even play a role in determining the battle.

The system makes the combat part more flexible, more selective and versatile, while also ensuring the smoothness and refreshment of the battle. In addition, many interesting side quests, diverse survey elements, and mini games interspersed with them greatly expand the game's fullness and playability.

We hope to see ten different players in ten different ways. If the enemy's threat is too great, you can use the bloodthirsty skills, assassinations, flying props, scene agencies to destroy them. Finally, please be careful in this Survive in the game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The Scroll Of Taiwu, a cool looking wuxia sandbox RPG.

It's coming to Early Access, and it has no English support at the moment but more languages are coming at full launch, they say:

ss_d3cf7d08c94c48ad12ca44752d59fb4a96151827.600x338.jpg

ss_f3d6e535a1fce7564d18c054d07b43da12fdf09e.600x338.jpg

Massage_4.png

Goofy-gle Translation:

Overview
In the world of "Taiwan Emoir," in addition to playing the mysterious "Tai-Shi's successor", you will also be engaged in numerous complex Jianghus with different attitudes toward life - good, evil, or moderation. in. You can not only visit the martial arts schools around the world and learn a wide variety of techniques and techniques. You can also end up with the people in gold, or build a deep-seated enemy of blood; not only can you build your own village and operate various industries; you can also love your own. Children are born, and they are bound by three lives; until you finally face the enemy of Tai Wushi, decide the fate of the world!

Unknown Jianghus
  • Every Taiwu world you create will be unique - Completely randomly generated maps, completely randomly generated NPCs, enemies. Every time you play, it will be a new adventure.
  • You can learn thousands of techniques from fifteen martial arts with different styles; From almost any NPC, he learned hundreds of Chinese traditional techniques.
Incorporate multiple gameplay
  • In addition to RPG play, "Taiwan Emoji" also incorporates many different game types, such as Roguelike elements filled with random conflicts;
  • And the need to carefully plan the simulation of business elements: construction, acquisition, expansion, management, manufacturing, maintenance and so on.
  • Let you find back the innocence of the weaving game - to capture the most combative "big general" and the Shaolin abbot to "talk on the bug".
"Live" NPCs
  • Thousands of NPCs who have their own relationships and experiences and will die from illnesses and illnesses; You can form a variety of relationships with them, or even directly determine their life and death.
  • You will be childbearing with your other half.
  • Train and pass your life skills to the next descendant.
  • In the vast sea, find your last lover.
Meticulous manufacturing
  • Through collection, manufacturing, repair, refining, You can use your own hands to create any weapons, armor, and refine all kinds of immortality.
  • Take up the poisoned weapons, put on poisonous clothes, and eat poisoned antidote.
Real martial arts combat
  • Novel combat mode, to restore the "see strokes and tricks," "can be used as a sword," "inch long inch inch inch inch inch short inch inch inch, inch inch short sleeve" insurance design.
  • Each sword, every sword, and every palm of yours will truly hit different parts of the enemy's body.
  • With your exercises, run your internal forces and refine your skills and strategies.

This has enough of a fan translation to be pretty playable now. It's eating all my time, much better than I expected.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chinese Monster Hunter killer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom