Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock 2 GOG and Steam Release

Most of the changes are probably just imported from the unofficial patch, but its interesting that they are making a game balance alteration in the form of the disruption grenade change. 18 years after the fact and now Heavy Weapons is getting a buff.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Enhanced Edition"

Also there's 2.48 update coming to the current edition, including "the restoration of a SHODAN e-mail thet has not played in 20 years due to an original game bug": https://steamcommunity.com/app/238210/discussions/0/1646544161774728649/

New Betas are available now for Windows and Mac - 2.48

Hey everyone, It's been a while.

New Betas of System Shock 2 are now available in the Betas tab in the games' properties.

System Shock 2s core files have been updated to 2.48 and some more fixes have gone in, including the restoration of a SHODAN e-mail thet has not played in 20 years due to an original game bug. It's somewhere in Ops. Can you find it?

Also, the Mac version has received some care and attention now (With a new MacBook comes new powers!)

Not only has the game got the same fixes as the Windows version, but the Wineskin and the version of Wine running the game have been updated significantly (2.9.0.2 and 4.10 over 2.6.2 and 2.16 respectively). This should hopefully result in the game running much better on modern MacBooks.

The more feedback I get, specifically on the new Mac version, the quicker I'll be able to get things out there on the default branch for you guys. So please let me know how the new versions run for you.

Cheers,
Daniel.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also there's 2.48 update coming to the current edition, including "the restoration of a SHODAN e-mail thet has not played in 20 years due to an original game bug": https://steamcommunity.com/app/238210/discussions/0/1646544161774728649/

Patch is now in public: https://steamcommunity.com/games/238210/announcements/detail/1589123810762863359

v2.48 is available now for Windows and MacOS

Hello Soldiers,

A new update for System Shock 2 is available now for Windows and MacOS that brings the game up to version 2.48.

The update fixes a few in-game issues as well as restoring a previously unheard e-mail from SHODAN. It's in Ops. Can you find it?

Steam configs have been updated on Windows so now that when verifying the Steam Cache, files essential to mod configuration should no longer be downloaded again if changes are found. They will be redownloaded if they are missing.

The MacOS version of the game has been completely redone. Gone is WineSkin 2.8.2 and Wine 2.12, and in its place is WineSkin 2.9.0.2 and Wine 4.11. This should allow the game to run much better on more modern Mac computers. I've tested this extensively on my MacBook 15-inch, 2018 model with Mojave 10.14.5 installed as found no issues.

Because of this MacOS update, the base system requirements for this game have to be changed as I can no longer support the old MacOS operating systems reliably. Mojave 10.14 is now the base OS requirement for this game.

Enjoy the update,
Daniel G,
Nightdive Studios.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom