Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

Dorarnae

Arbiter
I liked it. the battle system is simple, but I found the dungeon exploration to be enjoyable. the game lacks replay value but it was fun to play once. for Nis first person dungeon crawler, they did good.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Still no price. I hope NISA won't do regular NISA thing and fuck up.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Heard on steam about random crashes so tried it and yes - crashes are here. Got first one right after creating my own puppets after prologue. Knowing it's NISA i don't have much hope for patches so i'm on the fence. I like what i see so far but if they don't fix it before i finish DQ it's refund time.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It was a bit cheaper than what I thought given the US dollar. The game was $72 AUD.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Changed to Battle Voices A in options like someone suggested and it works now, no more crashes.
Impressions from first ~2 hours. Fell from floor 2 to floor 4 of starting dungeon - 3 soldiers died. Breaking walls is fun. And sometimes deadly. Also i like Dronya.

Suicidal

Arcane
Game looks interesting enough but fuck I don't want to pay 50$ for an off-brand weeb crawler. I think Mary Skelter had a good price for a game of this kind.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Game is fun so far. I like that you can surprise monster groups in the dungeon and get the first round for free

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, so there are additional skins and voices for puppets hidden in dungeons. Nice.

The Fish

Arcane
I'm getting tonnes of hitching in this. Practically every attack stalls the game for a split second and I'm getting the same during dialoguel. Changing the settings doesn't seem to help and I have pretty great hardware. Any ideas?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I am really enjoying this game massively. Being able to store XP and increase the XP multiplier with every fight is awesome. Map treasure list is great too. A lot of functionality unlocks with the story. I have 3 map load points created so I can enter and exit wherever I want.

EDIT:
I wanted to add that verticality in this game is a big thing. There have been floors I've reached by accident which have taken me to monsters that are leagues ahead.

I also want to go back and kill the swamp witch.

Also listen to some of the comments made by people in the dungeons, they have very useful info at times, such as not antagonising Dami (whatever her name is). Dialogue choices, limited to 3 options, matter more in this game than all the RPGs put out within the last 2 years, barring some exceptions of course. I will see if this holds in further play. I just finished the first dungeon map and I could see myself going back and finishing off some enemies, especially those ultra hard bastards I jumped on from the first dungeon's first map.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I love the wall breaking mechanic, is that a first or is there any other game that did this?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
This game is insanely fun. Best modern day blobber!

BTW: Metal slimes exist in this game, just a heads up!

Some funny:

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Having a blast so far with the gameplay, but that assistant creature wins the Jar Jar Binks award of super annoyance.

Later on, how many characters are in the party at max (incl. support) ? I can imagine, it's getting pretty time consuming to re-equip them all on a regular basis. Or do you let the game auto-equip them ? Something I've never bothered with, because I always think, the game just sees the highest dps and doesn't take in account things like status inflicting effects.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
15 chars + ? supports.
I auto equip items but I also look at what's optimal every 2 hours or so because auto equip only looks at attack/defense. Some items may have less def/att, but has awesome stats like +50% to crit or massive resistances, some items also have weaknesses. Itemisation is enjoyable.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Just great. Black screen is back. After 2 hours of avoiding trolls, stockpiling exp and collecting mana and loot in third dungeon it hit me when i browsed items. There goes my 40k+ exp(and reward after mission)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom