Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I've been saying WL2 DC is one of the best RPGs ever made since it came out. The way they managed to salvage the buggy, undercooked mess that was the vanilla and turn it into a truly great game is the reason I've never really written inXile off.

How are they different, anyway? I never played DC.

Better, richer and rebalanced chardev, better combat, all the systems and c&c that were either half-assed or bugged in vanilla finally work. It's everything I've ever wanted from a third Fallout.
Based on this statement I will give W2 another try.

Definitely do. WL2 DC is by far the best out of all those enhanced editions. They really changed and improved nearly everything.

Gord

Arcane
From the little amount I've played so far, I think BT4 is fun enough.
Definitely better than one could think from all the edgy ranting here, anyway. Not that this is something surprising for the codex, mind.
Anyway, I do wonder a little bit where exactly they wanted to go with the game.
It's by far not pretty and high-budget enough to draw in the kiddies and graphic whores. It likely won't catch the Iso-RTWP-crowd. It's also clearly not intended to be a faithful representation of BT1-3 gameplay, so real BT nostalgia-fags are out, too.
Not that I think that oldBT gameplay was super great. It was OK for its time, and it can even still be fun today (I had fun with it in the remaster), but it is rather simplistic and repetitive. Especially when it comes to combat.

Last edited:

Ulrox

Arbiter
It's by far not pretty and high - budget enough to draw in the kiddies and graphic whores. It likely won't catch the Iso-RTWP-crowd. It's also clearly not intended to be a faithful representation of BT1-3 gameplay, so real BT nostalgia - fags are out, too.

Hearthstone and slay the spire crowd, and or, jrpg crowd.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The sentry tower killed all my will to play this fucking game. Whoever came up with that retarded save system should be fucked by flock of flying bull dicks!!! Fist time i go there and get whipped by a enemy because my skills got mixed and my guys were vampires....Ok reloaded,whipped the the floor whit the enemy,still no save point,begin opening crates and the game freezes...fuck you Fargo hope you enjoy the flop you fat faggot!!!

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
To be fair, there was a massive save system debate on official forums where people demanded more punishing save system. So they've done that.

Ulrox

Arbiter
Have yet to experience crashes or game restarting bugs or anything of the sort - but, I'm currently unable to take the practioner skill known as harmonic shielding, and I have no clue why. I should have the prerequisites for it. I think either it's a bug, or I'm really stupid and not noticing something.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
From where does this strange idea that "punishing" save system means "oldschool & hardcore"?
I don't remember old RPGs needing them. Dunno, maybe it makes them hard playing something "harder" than the rest.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Have yet to experience crashes or game restarting bugs or anything of the sort - but, I'm currently unable to take the practioner skill known as harmonic shielding, and I have no clue why. I should have the prerequisites for it. I think either it's a bug, or I'm really stupid and not noticing something.
I have crashed 2-3 times. It is more of a freeze than a crash,still you have stop the process form the task bar.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I like punishing save systems although I totally agree that as long as the game has game breaking bugs they are a bad idea.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
From where does this strange idea that "punishing" save system means "oldschool & hardcore"?
I don't remember old RPGs needing them.

Pretty sure the first Bard had some wacky save system actually.

You had to save at the adventurer's guild IIRC.

Pretty common mechanic in games of that age.
Didn't early Wizardries have the save only in town mechanic? I might be confusing something.

Not sure, but quite possible. It was a pretty common mechanic in 80s RPGs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Early M&M had that too. It was more or less a standard at the time.

Also, I know this might be a groundbreaking idea, but... if the game is unstable maybe you shouldn't remove the savepoints and instead opt to use them?

donate to my patreon for more revolutionary tips that will forever change your life

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:
Fargo you dipshit incomprehensible!

Remember how i was whining that four active skills(including basic attacks) kill the combat?! Well hold and behold their evolutions of stupidity!

ss.png

They decided to make weapon skills being part of the 4 skill mechanic. Thus making my tank being able to do only two fucking skills.:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom