Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Das Geisterschiff Released

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yo zwanzig_zwoelf , congrats boyo! Will buy it on Steam ASAP.

iu

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

aratuk

Cipher
itch.io is a pretty good site, albeit with a degree of censorship. Don't really see how else it could operate, though.

It would be a huge crime if Das Geisterschiff isn't ported to Virtual Boy.

virtual-boy.jpg

azimuth

Educated
Why didn't you try to get a native to check on the Japanese text?

It reads a bit like "somebody set up us the bomb."

You put so much work into the game. Why drop the ball on a language you (unnecessarily?) forced in for aesthetic value?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

You put so much work into the game. Why drop the ball on a language you (unnecessarily?) forced in for aesthetic value?
Well, that one's on me. You're right, 2/3 lines do sound awful now that I take some time to check them. My bad.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

If GAINAX could do it in Evangelion with Christian symbols, why couldn't he do something like that as well?
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Will buy when on Steam.

Grats ZZ!
Thanks man.

Congratulations to zwanzig_zwoelf ! I'm downloading the demo now and plan to give it a whirl this weekend.
Thanks man, hope you'll enjoy it.

Well, that one's on me. You're right, 2/3 lines do sound awful now that I take some time to check them. My bad.
From what I gathered a few Japanese players just had a few laughs and moved on, so don't sweat it. Next time we'll run it through a native speaker to make sure this won't happen again. ;)

I will buy dis
Thanks mate, enjoy.

And here I thought the Codex workshop was exclusively home to weeb faggotry. Who knew such incline lurked among the degeneracy.
Thanks man. It's definitely not the incline material Codex would hope for, as instead of managing the complex mechanics you need to git gud with simple ones and prepare to git slapped most of the time because rushing through combat won't get you anywhere, but hopefully it'll find its fans.

GOG decided to pass on the game, so Itch is the place to go if you want a DRM-free version.

GOG probably wouldn't take Fallout 1 if it was published today, and Jesus sent in a calligraphed application on perfumed paper.
I guess if I'll make another game with more detailed gfx this might be a point that can make them reconsider, but we'll see. :dealwithit:

Congrats zwanzig_zwoelf. Will buy it.
Thanks mate, enjoy!

Congrats.

Not a big fan of wireframe graphics but in this case I thought it fitted the theme overall.
Thanks. Wireframe-like gfx was more of a necessity -- keeping gfx stylish and simple was literally the only way to get this thing done in a reasonable amount of time.

itch.io is a pretty good site, albeit with a degree of censorship. Don't really see how else it could operate, though.

It would be a huge crime if Das Geisterschiff isn't ported to Virtual Boy.

virtual-boy.jpg
ahh the virtual boy mememe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom