Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Daily reminder that this isn't a blobber.

But Wizardry 8 is? Huh, funny how consistency doesn't apply to logic any more.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
When I made the same arguments when people were actively sabotaging Troika I used Sir-Tek and SSI as examples, and people said the same thing - they were fans of SSI and Sir-tek but Troika didn't make ToEE enough like BG2 and had bugs/wasn't optomized, and Bloodlines wasn't enough like Gothic and had bugs/wasn't optimized.

History repeats itself. You don't like the best non-indie crpgs developers we have during this time. Great. That doesn't ean I should not try hard to defend them in hopes sane people realize what they are doing. If your kind didn't do this to Troika, and if people supported SSI and Sir-Tek when they needed sales, it is inarguable we would all have tons more crpgs now that made the world of crpgs better, richer, and with more options for those with particular and quality taste.

But, short sighted savages gonna savage so I any effort on my part is probably trying to hard.

Well, not sure why you'd lump me with the "it has bugs therefore it sucks" people considering I said I always loved Troika.

I don't give a shit about the bugs in inXile's game save for making fun of them. I just didn't like anything they do.
And I'm not sure what's sabotaging here. Is sabotaging not defending them even if you don't like them? Once again, I'll have to remind you that I have contributed to their first 2 Kickstarters. And not at the minimum price. And most likely more than you, if you just bought their games after release. So, no, I'm not actually sabotaging anything. I'm not even going anywhere else besides the Codex to mock their games. So, in other words, you can suck a dick.

Curratum

How do you even begin to argue this? The definition of blobber sort of stops when your party members are a single "blob" and you see the world through said imagined blob's eyes.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My list of CRPGs I'd like to play is so long that it'll take me years and years to get through them all, provided I don't lose interest in the genre. Unless the new ones coming out manage to surpass the quality of their predecessors I won't bother with them. Even if they did, I don't need them. If I were to buy this game at your behest it would be pure charity on my part, because I have other RPGs I'd rather be playing. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that InXile might go out of business. I'm all set, you see.
But Wizardry 8 is? Huh, funny how consistency doesn't apply to logic any more.
Ah, but we've already done this.

Covenant

Savant
I replayed Wizardry 8 twice this year, it was good both times.

If this community didn't suck so bad and supported crpg devs you would probably be able to also replay Wizardry 9-14 this year too if you wanted. And JA 3-7. Etc.

And if the audience response to bad games was to slurp at the developer's cock as you seem to be suggesting then all of those hypothetical sequels would likely end up being pure trash. At least by being honest we can save them from wasting their time in the future making more RPGs that we have no desire to buy.

And I'm bloody grateful that they didn't make a MMXI - particularly if it was going to be anything like the disaster - LOADING - that - LOADING - was - LOAAAAAAADING - MMX.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
If you want to support blobbers buy Elminage: Gothic or Paper Sorcerer or Stranger of Sword City or Devil Whiskey or The Dark Spire or Swords and Sorcery Underworld; games made with not even 1/10th of the budget that this thing had and offer actual stats and full RPG mechanics and chardev.

Anyway, why should someone "support" something they don't like? Did I miss the meeting where it was agreed all Codexers like the same thing? Plenty of people will already scoff at this very post because I dared to mention the above games and I have to live with it, with the fact that people who claim to want something (blobbers/RPGs/depth) will never ever play some of the games that actually offer this because they don't like the art or because they don't have animations or they don't feature enough FedEx quests or whatever random reason they come up with.

At least the people refusing to "support" BT4 have legit reasons for not doing so.

Ulrox

Arbiter
Download the Android version, it is on Steam, right next to My Little Pony RPG, I had my doubts if I should download the My Little Pony RPG but I prefer Bard's Tale IV because it is a more casual experience . It will be marvelous on your mobile.

Your nuclear powered super biological android phone that aliens created with the most refined intergalactic materials and gene splicing of the most intelligent beings, to create the ultimate phone, that can run this game. :P

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Seems it's risky to rely on Kickstarter beta backers alone.
Nah. The performance issues were brought up numerous times by beta testers, but Inxile did nothing to address them. Just read some of the reviews on Steam.
No shit, remember W2's alpha & beta? We gave all the feedback they could ever want, from quest & map design to their shitty stats system and terrible skill use system... did inXile address any of that?

No, they just spent months saying "just wait for the full beta". And when that finally arrived with the exact same issues, they went "oh, now it's too late to change anything".

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I found Darth Roxor :lol:

123.png

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
sure W2 was messy but, again it had full party gen, had some difficult encounters and was u know, and RPG.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Rage uninstalled after 4h when some NPC left my party with all my EPIC GEAR equipped and the game CTDd and my videocard raised the temperature of my room by 12°C.

Oh well, will wait for Pathfinder, I'm sure it'll be a good game, right?

Gord

Arcane
I still say that BT4 is as much or as little an rpg as BT1-3 were, so at least on that front they stayed true to the series.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a huge difference between people ignoring games that don't interest them, and people going out of their way to sabotage companies that make games that don't interest them. Have fun playing your Pokeman and Metal Gear games.

explain how shitposting on the codex is sabotaging companies

and do it using rational thought and not just emotional outbursts due to your inability to cope with reality

thanks

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you want to support blobbers buy Elminage: Gothic or Paper Sorcerer or Stranger of Sword City or Devil Whiskey or The Dark Spire or Swords and Sorcery Underworld; games made with not even 1/10th of the budget that this thing had and offer actual stats and full RPG mechanics and chardev.

Anyway, why should someone "support" something they don't like? Did I miss the meeting where it was agreed all Codexers like the same thing? Plenty of people will already scoff at this very post because I dared to mention the above games and I have to live with it, with the fact that people who claim to want something (blobbers/RPGs/depth) will never ever play some of the games that actually offer this because they don't like the art or because they don't have animations or they don't feature enough FedEx quests or whatever random reason they come up with.

At least the people refusing to "support" BT4 have legit reasons for not doing so.

b-b-but those are indie devs and not western non-indie devs why do you care so much about gameplay in games when you should be caring about keeping corporations in business you fucking piece of shit DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT RPGS????????????!1111!! guys GUYS BRIAN FARGO JUST ANNOUNCED HE IS GOING TO SHIT IN A BAG FOR YOU FOR $20 :dance:IF YOU CARE ABOUT CRPGS AT ALL YOU WILL JOIN ME IN BUYING A BAG OF SHIT IT'S ONLY $20 DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE THIS IS AN ENTIRE GENRE ON THE LINE WTF SHUT DOWN THE CODEX IF THIS VENTURE IS NOT SUCCESSFUL:argh::argh::argh:

DarkUnderlord can we get a CODEX FUNDRAISER for the Brian Fargo BAGS OF SHIT?? Hopefully we can reach the level that includes some of his ass hairs! :incline:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
makchanka accurately predicted this two months ago

Good god, I hate what's become of blobbers. Grimoire really is the best we could have hoped for, which is horrifying, because that game was made by a bargain bin david icke.

Pretty funny how back in 2015, Obsidian-haters were confident about how inXile was going to show them how it's done (the "Wasteland 2 is better than Pillars of Eternity" crowd) and yet Tyranny and Deadfire were mere relatively polished disappointments (and even improvements to some) whereas inXile's two follow-ups are a travesty. To crib a movie,

Feargus Urquhart: I've been waiting for you, Brian. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master.
Brian Fargo: Only a master of evil, Feargus.
Feargus Urquhart: Your managerial skills are weak, old man.

PEACH

Arbiter
You don't like the best non-indie crpgs developers we have during this time

This keeps coming up and you're never able to explain why this is such an important bullet point for you.

Putting aside the claim that inxile are the best non-indie crpg developers currently and putting aside the false equivalence of your slavering comparisons to troika, I'll ask you once more: can you even articulate why it matters that non-indie developers are working in the genre? So far the fruits of this AA re-entry into CRPGs have been disappointing by and large, while many of the indie releases have been outstanding. What exactly concerns you so much with playing something with more than a modest budget? "Enough is as good as a feast" seems appropriate here.

aweigh and others have countlessly given examples of better blobbers, and if you are looking for better isometric equivalents to wasteland 2 or TTON I'm sure you'd get recommended plenty of those as well. After reading dozens and dozens of your posts all making the same claims, I've never been able to grasp why you're making them in the first place. Further still, I don't think anyone here would turn down a game that they genuinely enjoyed if inxile somehow fumbled into making one. The point is that they aren't making those mythic games as far as most people are concerned and you'll have a hard time convincing anyone to pity a company that doesn't make shit they actually enjoy.

The pokemon / metal gear argument is especially misguided as if MMX and inxile's games being unsupported by the community somehow overshadows the huge praise that games like underrail, age of decadence and the expeditions titles received and continue to receive. I'm not going to make an itemized list, but there are dozens of games people here actually like and won't shut the fuck up about liking (which is good). Trying to make the argument that garbage like wasteland 2 is under-appreciated only because people lack the sophistication to enjoy it just makes you look extremely retarded and like you have an incredible case of tunnel vision

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom