Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, now you see, I really don't mind the last Bethesda Fallouts. They're okay and are fun diversions even if they're clearly not as cerebral as the old Fallouts.

But this is fishy as fuck ; so close to release and you don't know how the single player will work. You don't know how the multiplayer will work. You know it's just kinda multiplayer and it's also the same Fallout ? How the fuck does that work out ? Especially since there is no NPC interaction or dialog ? And especially since it's not really too multiplayer to start with ?

What the fuck is this game ? I can understand being vague about major aspects of the game one or two years before release, but the game comes out in TWO MONTHS.

Squid

Arbiter
I thought there was NPC interaction just not human NPCs talking. Like robots beeping at you and you understanding just like R2-D2 does in Star Wars and everyone knows what he said.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I am actually starting to get worried that this game might be not too good, so I canceled my pre-order.

You must have faith, Bethesda has proved itself in the past, if you cancel your pre order you are not a true Fallout fan.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Taxalot here is your info, Bethesda posted new screenshot

gBlnmvn.jpg

Tommy Gun

Arcane
"Getting shot by another player doesn't hurt that much. At least not at first. The first attack from another player will only inflict minimal damage. It also present you with a choice: fight back or flee. If you fight back, you'll face the full brunt of your enemy's attack."

The above quote is from this article
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/fallout-76-everything-you-need-to-know/
I have seen this "soft first hit" mentioned in many other articles too.

I'm thinking this is going to kill any possibility of roleplaying a backstabbing rogue or a sniper.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Every team member who assists in killing an enemy (successfully lands a blow, shot, etc.) gets XP.
The team member to land the fatal blow gets slightly more XP.
Anyone can loot an enemy corpse after it's been killed, regardless of who killed it.
'corpses are looted individually. so everyone could get something different. if you kill a number of feral ghouls, each player might get loot from different corpses. one person can't take everything so that everyone else gets nothing. that'd suck'
Sleeping will bring some bonuses for characters when they are rested.
'maybe you want the bonuses you can get from sleeping and being rested'
'maybe you think your character is adorable and love to watch them sleep'

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Bethesda going full Todd Howard with this game

sROB91G.jpg

A guitar sword? FOR FUCK SAKE BETHESDA IT SHOULD BE AN AXE. GUITAR = AXE, YOU FUCKING MORONS. It doesn't even look like a sword! Anyway, I guess it's for bardbarians? Yeah. Also the texturing is terrible and it barely looks any better than shit did in Fallout 3. This is just a never-ending geyser of awful.

'maybe you think your character is adorable and love to watch them sleep'

...what?

Norfleet

"Getting shot by another player doesn't hurt that much. At least not at first. The first attack from another player will only inflict minimal damage. It also present you with a choice: fight back or flee. If you fight back, you'll face the full brunt of your enemy's attack."
I suspect this also means you don't lead with your best shot, since it won't cause any damage anyway.

A guitar sword? FOR FUCK SAKE BETHESDA IT SHOULD BE AN AXE. GUITAR = AXE, YOU FUCKING MORONS. It doesn't even look like a sword! Anyway, I guess it's for bardbarians? Yeah. Also the texturing is terrible and it barely looks any better than shit did in Fallout 3. This is just a never-ending geyser of awful.
Do Bethesda games even have axes? Last I heard, axes were considered blunt weapons in Bethesda-land.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Bethesda's development team really does an effort to outdo their earlier retarded makeshift weapons. Would a scavenger even bother turning a musical instrument into a weapon when fashioning a spear or using a strong metal pipe will just as much suffice?

"the DNA of Fallout 76", pretty sure it is full of faulty genes that will only make the host very sick and cancerous on the long term.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I mean this is the series where you can nuke a bitch and she magically turns into a Ghoul.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspect this also means you don't lead with your best shot, since it won't cause any damage anyway.
Yeah, I do have the feeling they didn't really think that through.
I appreciate the idea, since that makes campers much less likely to succeed and also less likely that the one who shoots first automatically wins.

But if they think that this will really stop anyone from pursuing other players, then I don't even.
I mean, how is that supposed to work?
You shoot another player, then you just walk away if that player doesn't shoot back? :lol:

Do Bethesda games even have axes? Last I heard, axes were considered blunt weapons in Bethesda-land.[/QUOTE]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom