Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Director's Cut

Shadenuat

Arcane
And then the dungeon’s final battle was a ridiculously tiresome over-powered enemy who required multiple attempts, on the wrong side of a very long, very awful unskippable cutscene, until I got lucky enough for the baddy not to randomly slaughter my entire party in two hits.
That's the boss where you get (another, thankfully temporary) joinable NPC who has super skill that, if you last 6 turns, 500 damage shots everything to death and wins you combat, although if your party is really strong you can probably remove 200 boss hp yourself even. The helpful NPC has enough tankyness to survive for about 3 turns of channeling by himself even if your whole party is dead, by the way. That's on Hard.

The journalist TM might have missed that you have to actually manually activate the 500 dmg channeling skill by pressing a button, NPC doesn't act by himself. (although dialogue actually seems to incline as if he does)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I read the past 10 pages and what I learned is that Bard's Tale 4 is not an RPG, weapons are boring and all the same and it's ugly as sin.

Who was this game made for? Why did they use the name Bard's Tale? I don't get it

agris

Arcane
Patron
So I read the past 10 pages and what I learned is that Bard's Tale 4 is not an RPG, weapons are boring and all the same and it's ugly as sin.

Who was this game made for? Why did they use the name Bard's Tale? I don't get it
The thing is, it's a bit of fun once you get past the bland and hamfisted introductory area.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I'd feel bad for Fargo, but c'mon. He's making it sound like he personally designed this game, as though he is the Lord British or JVC of Bard's Tale. This is like the CEO of Maytag (is that even a company now) going on twitter and being depressed because their latest washing machine is getting poor reviews on amazon.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also another funny technical quirk

when i start the game, or after any loading screen, the game changes into "widescreen" mode, i.e. i get huge black bars on the top and bottom of my 5:4 screen, but when i go to settings, change "resolution scaling" to whatever and return to game, then the black bars disappear - and i can then bring resolution scaling back to 100% and keep on playing with full view

Bohr

Arcane
I'd feel bad for Fargo, but c'mon. He's making it sound like he personally designed this game, as though he is the Lord British or JVC of Bard's Tale. This is like the CEO of Maytag (is that even a company now) going on twitter and being depressed because their latest washing machine is getting poor reviews on amazon.

The Twitterati are on it though, they'll soon cheer him up :shittydog:

Astral Rag

Arcane
C43208E135A989F00C0F8CED76FF72D171315605

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1516387462

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane

Well, by those standards it's actually arguable whether BT1-3 were RPGs, so...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
holy fuck... a game comes out, people talk about it in the thread that exists.. everything is fine, people are discussing things..

come back a day later, moved to a new thread, everything discombobulated

Infinitron if you are so anal retentive about having a release thread why dont you do the thread split the moment the game is out and people are discussing it? it's not like you weren't around when the game launched since you participated in that other thread which you then, 36 hours later, to move the last 20 pages to a new topic for no reason whatsoever than to sow discord and confusion while rubbing your wart covered hands together and grinning

every.fucking.time

Covenant

Savant
holy fuck... a game comes out, people talk about it in the thread that exists.. everything is fine, people are discussing things..

come back a day later, moved to a new thread, everything discombobulated

Infinitron if you are so anal retentive about having a release thread why dont you do the thread split the moment the game is out and people are discussing it? it's not like you weren't around when the game launched since you participated in that other thread which you then, 36 hours later, to move the last 20 pages to a new topic for no reason whatsoever than to sow discord and confusion while rubbing your wart covered hands together and grinning

every.fucking.time

He has to constantly stay on the move so Chris Avellone can't find him again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
inXile tried once not to use the Early Access model once and look what happened. Seems it's risky to rely on Kickstarter beta backers alone. Early Access buyers could have made it clear that the bad performance was a big deal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom