Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Das Geisterschiff Released

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Das Geisterschiff; Graverobber Foundation

Das Geisterschiff, a "turn-based cyberpunk dungeon crawler" by Surt R. (known as zwanzig_zwoelf among the RPG Codex denizens) has been officially released.

Here's the game's description from its webpage, and also a launch trailer.

Das Geisterschiff is a turn-based cyberpunk adventure/dungeon crawler hybrid with survival horror elements where you play as a mecha pilot working for one of the megacorps.

By 2072 the Earth turned into a scorched wasteland, forcing the population to move underground while two megacorps are stuck in an endless war over the territory and resources. After graduating from the military academy you've decided to join one of them.
Key Features

Non-linear dungeons filled with dangerous encounters, traps and puzzles;
Survival horror on steroids: no healing, no ammo pickups, no mercy;
Nuanced turn-based combat within dungeons;
Unique wireframe-like graphics supported by atmospheric electronic soundtrack.​

For the moment, you can get the game from the guy's website for a grand total of 7.22 eurobucks, though he claims it'll be coming to Steam soon. There's a free demo available as well.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I would say that finally something that looks like a proper blobber has been released, but I remember zwanzig_zwoelf saying that there's no character development in the game?
The char dev is limited to finding upgrades in the field (all stat upgrades except for armor plates are applied on the spot, while armor plates are applied in the workshops and between missions).

V_K

Arcane
I would say that finally something that looks like a proper blobber has been released, but I remember zwanzig_zwoelf saying that there's no character development in the game?
The char dev is limited to finding upgrades in the field (all stat upgrades except for armor plates are applied on the spot, while armor plates are applied in the workshops and between missions).
And I'm assuming those 4 numbers on the left are all the stats?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
And I'm assuming those 4 numbers on the left are all the stats?
Yes, apart from landmine disarming chance (which is a minor skill anyway).

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
And here I thought that his last few updates were at "ok got engine done, time to make the actual game" level :M

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Tried the demo. It has weird aesthetics but that's intentional. Why can't I use the regular keyboard keys to move around instead of WASD though? Also, you can die in the tutorial, confirmed hardcore. It even has the famous "Dehumanize yourself..." phrase. :incline:

However, the game clearly has German text visible everywhere. German equals potential Nazism. Therefore, the responsible dev is a potential Nazi and he should be kicked away at the first opportunity according to the SJW hordes. Isn't that how it works with indie games? :troll:

Now seriously, not my style of game, but it can be cool for those who like blobbers.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Congrats !

:excellent:
Congrats on the release! :salute:
Thanks men, appreciated!

However, the game clearly has German text visible everywhere.
2a4ebrF.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom