Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
GandGolf 21 hours ago
Questions on item workshop
In a recent screenshot for the item workshop I saw that there was a merge button and the person had selected a potion and there was a list of other potions that it could be merged with. The required skill listed to merge potions was alchemistry. Can you explain in detail how merging of items works and will it still be restricted to the thaumaturge class or will it be open to anybody who has the required skill?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 17 hours ago

All items have a skill involved in merging them. It is often alchemistry for reagents, potions and powders, giving the thaumaturge the advantage. If the work is done in front of an alchemy bench, the thaumaturge gains a huge bonus to all merging that requires the alchemistry skill. This means that if you find an alchemy lab early in the game you may be able to do all sorts of merges of alchemical ingredients you don't necessarily have the skill for yet. With the bonus you can do the merges at the alchemy bench. I have already stuck one of these in the back of Trimestes shop as you head towards the Museum of Magic, so once you buy a ticket back there you will also be able to use the bench.

Other items may require skills like Nature Lore to merge and at a hearth you will soon find that the ranger and thief will get a bonus here to merge items like these. At the forge the Thaumaturge gets a skill bonus for metallurgy and can also forge and sharpen items individually, improving their qualities substantially in combat.

As a general rule, whatever the class may be, if there is a skill marked as getting a bonus at that kind of workshop station (forge, hearth, shrine, alchemy lab) then the bonus is applied even if they only have one skillpoint in that skill. Obviously, a 25% bonus to 1 skillpoint still yields 1 skillpoint but in principle they get a minimum extra point of 1 applied to that skill in the merge.

The shrine offers a lot of special merges, permits templars and clerics to bless weapons (permits them to hit magic creatures) and heals special conditions when the party sleeps at that site.

slowtard

Educated
Thesis: Zep Zepo is the Vern Unsworth to Cleveland Mark Blakemore's Elon Musk.

iu

Discuss.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 21 Sep @ 3:14am
Some snowflakes have claimed Grimoire was released as a beta version. Other people claim they have been abducted by UFOs, that they had sex with Bigfoot or that they can travel to alternative dimensions by drinking aftershave. All of these people should simply go and play other games that do appeal to them. Steam has got something for every taste. Instead they can't bring themselves to walk away. Normally ... we can't have nice things. Grimoire is an exception to that rule. Going from massive incline to ultra incline is just an order of magnitude but it may be a bridge too far for some. When the final polish arrives, it could cause a spate of cuck suicides worldwide as the decline in their brain meets the antimatter of the incline that is Grimoire.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Since there is no GOG version that I can buy yet, I've been watching some gameplay of grimoire to understand it a bit. Everything I see appears to be the game I had hoped for, but there are a few things I have issue with.
-inventory, are there any ways to improve inventory management or plans in the future for that to be updated? looks very cumbersome
-inflated economy, gold looks incredibly easy to come by and in the tens of thousands more than what can be bought at shops in crowl. Is there any sort of gold balancing?
-unimplemented features, I think food doesn't work, is this also the case for item crafting? When are those planned to be implemented? What other parts of the game do nothing?
Also, bards appear to be broken as fuck.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Did Cleve nuke deep freeze into the ground? It kind up upsets me that decline enablers have access to something to autowin every encounter in the game and bypass all difficulty the game had, giving them undeserved smugness to act like they defeated grimoire.

Dorateen

Arcane
Meanwhile, in a parallel dimension, Grimoire prevents WWII

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 18 hours ago

My German is not perfect but here is what I translated :

"Der Fuhrer says the incline generated by Grimoire is so powerful it is sweeping backwards through time and may force him to get a job after he gets rejected by art school. He has sent us forward through a wormhole with one mission in mind : to make all sorts of crazy suggestions to delay V2 from being released as we overload the Neanderthal with feature creep. Adolph warned us it was a one way trip and we would be stuck in this alternative timeline forever. I started playing Grimoire but have not discovered the exploits yet. I am glad I did not join the SS and was sent here instead. I am enjoying this incline so much I have renounced Nazism and become a red pill chad now."

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

"Der Fuhrer says the incline generated by Grimoire is so powerful it is sweeping backwards through time and may force him to get a job after he gets rejected by art school. He has sent us forward through a wormhole with one mission in mind : to make all sorts of crazy suggestions to delay V2 from being released as we overload the Neanderthal with feature creep. Adolph warned us it was a one way trip and we would be stuck in this alternative timeline forever. I started playing Grimoire but have not discovered the exploits yet. I am glad I did not join the SS and was sent here instead. I am enjoying this incline so much I have renounced Nazism and become a red pill chad now."

Holy shit I love this man

But where is my fucking manual

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Originally posted by GandGolf:
Thanks for that info, will merging be allowed for most items that are the same type (two apples with 3 charges into a single apple with 6 charges) and if so how much skill would be needed to merge the same items? Also will the shrine count as a safe place to sleep without worry of wandering monsters?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 26 Sep @ 4:51am
Yes, every shrine should double as a Haven for sleeping and recovering Spirit.

I have done some work on Stacking, including adding new data like max stackable for an item, and will get this sorted out as soon as the merging logic is complete for all items. Many more items than previous will be craftable, mergable, etc.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer]:

UPDATE 30/09/2018

More areas added to bring total closer to original 224 envisioned.

Screenshot of the "house" portal added to main page.

Endworld Cabin
Periwinkle Blacksmith
Periwinkle Kitchen
Periwinkle Hostel
Periwinkle Chapel
Periwinkle Library
Swamp Shack
Accursed Church
Evil Undercroft

The last two are part of a Lovecraftian mini-adventure quest that is purely optional. The Accursed Church can only be accessed at night with a password given out as an Easter Egg for completion of another new quest in the game.

Source:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1682545056881398189

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
I also think we missed this one:

UPDATE 21/09/2018 Patronage Works In V2!

Players noticed that the "Patron" tag for vocations was purely ornamental in the first version of Grimoire. It was another feature that was in the original design document but did not make it into the first release because of time constraints. The purpose of the "Patron" tag hinged on shrines, which did not yet exist when the game was released. Once added to support the new functionality of Inventory Workshop, they can also fulfill their original purpose to provide a unique way of leveling-up for certain vocations. When you find the shrine that is appropriate to a profession (they are scattered throughout the game) you have a one-time only opportunity to pay in gold at that shrine to advance a level! This should probably be saved for very high level characters so they can gain yet another level without grinding the experience points but simply BUYING a level increase!

LootSeeker

Educated

Holy shit I love this man

But where is my fucking manual

When the manual comes out it will be written in the official language of win. Winning takes time and patience.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I also think we missed this one:

UPDATE 21/09/2018 Patronage Works In V2!

Players noticed that the "Patron" tag for vocations was purely ornamental in the first version of Grimoire. It was another feature that was in the original design document but did not make it into the first release because of time constraints. The purpose of the "Patron" tag hinged on shrines, which did not yet exist when the game was released. Once added to support the new functionality of Inventory Workshop, they can also fulfill their original purpose to provide a unique way of leveling-up for certain vocations. When you find the shrine that is appropriate to a profession (they are scattered throughout the game) you have a one-time only opportunity to pay in gold at that shrine to advance a level! This should probably be saved for very high level characters so they can gain yet another level without grinding the experience points but simply BUYING a level increase!

I can totally imagine Cleve typing that with a straight face. The absolute Madman.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
The retardation of Cleveland "Soy Boy Mark" Blakemore is beyond compare.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom