Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kenshi - open-ended sandbox RPG set in a desert world

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Should I wait for the final release or jump in? Theoretically it should be coming soon™

Tovias

Learned
I'd wait, even if it's jsut for .99 since it will add a bunch of new elements with Diplomacy that will affect the overall world.
I am weak

This thing looks kinda similar to Kenshi.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424386335

7029FFA808EC0E966B35F96F47C5E88F6412628F

3F50223A182547AB05C0A56B5B51DA4AD6BFF8C3

Zanzoken

Arcane
Kenshi is going gold on September 17th!

Blog #26: The Final Piece
SEPTEMBER 4 - KOOMATZU
The last map quarter

It’s finally coming - the very last section of Kenshi’s world map! We plan to release in two weeks time, hopefully on 17th September. Until then, sit tight and read up on *exactly* what is left to add before Kenshi’s fully finished 1.0 launch!

Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese translations have been released and are in game. Here are the planned ETAs of each language to be fully finished:
  • Japanese: 85% complete. Expected release November (special thanks to SBDR, Yukaary, Craft, Rijye, netakiriBATTOUSAI, Sillymonkeys, embrion, Masaru Momoyama, dice, ruinstar, Metapo, Tomoya 'urakata' Mori, tanpopo for their contribution)
  • German: 96% complete. Expected release October
  • French: 87% complete. Expected release November
  • Spanish: 68% complete. Expected release TBA
  • Russian: 95% complete. Expected release November (Very special thanks to Sol Lignum)
  • Portuguese Brazilian: 86% complete. Expected release November (Very special thanks to Yuri for his contribution)

World states:

So far this is around 80% complete, very roughly speaking. The world states for the big main factions are finished. We still need to work on town and squad overrides for the new map section, plus a few smaller factions in the current world map. In case you missed it, you can read more about the world states here[lofigames.com].

Polish:

And that’s it, Kenshi will now be feature complete - other than a *huge amount* of bug fixing and adjustments. Please keep your feedback coming either in the Steam or Lo-Fi forums[www.lofigames.com] and we’ll make sure we get Kenshi running smooth and perfect. As usual your help is much appreciated since we lack the manpower to fully test Kenshi’s huge map, thank you all for your support so far!

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So I've been playing this a lot the last few days, and while I'm having a blast, I'm having a hard time taking it seriously as the sort of gritty challenge it seems to intend, since if you build a base it just throws wave after wave at you, literally dozens of dead bodies a day (if you can handle them, which I can't in the long term because healing takes ages) and the only way to deal with any sort of overwhelming force is to cheese it in a really stupid way, like leaving one guy in your base to get beat up so the bandits will knock him out and then leave. I tried settling elsewhere to avoid raids and it was even worse. I tried building walls but unless you have a really crazy infrastructure it's not even close to enough, I'd need like 10 dudes dedicated to defending the walls at all times to keep them from getting torn down, my whole squad is 8 people right now. I know I could do some thievery shenanigans with one or two elite guys but I really wanted to do the whole tech tree thing. And the bandits don't even actually do anything when they raid the base, they just stand around waiting to beat people up, steal nothing, then leave.

Damned Registrations

I took the default wanderer, which was a pretty slow/dull start. I'd say either grab the group of 5 to get the ball rolling way faster, or do a lot of stealing/lockpicking and then go hunting for ancient ruins. They seemed like a fun thing to search for, but I can't open any of the lock boxes in them and I sure as fuck can't fight my way into the guarded ones.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do it Gothic style, running away from everyone until you have enough capacity to handle fights.

Yeah, I did a lot of running but I couldn’t figure out how to make myself stronger, still got beaten up frequently and was either captured or enslaved. Seemed very cool but I had no idea how to make any headway.

Damned Registrations

After fooling around for a bit with a new skeleman in a broken game where nobody except the starter town loaded in for some weird reason, I can confirm that being a dirty thief to start out is the way to go. Lots of decent loot around, you can get into part of shop inventories even right away, just need to remain undetected to make your dozen attempts. Lockpick skill goes up fast though.

Unfortunately I bled out to a chest wound after a while because nobody that sold repair kits spawned into the world. :(

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do it Gothic style, running away from everyone until you have enough capacity to handle fights.

Yeah, I did a lot of running but I couldn’t figure out how to make myself stronger, still got beaten up frequently and was either captured or enslaved. Seemed very cool but I had no idea how to make any headway.
Just follow a caravan, worked for me.

Zanzoken

Arcane
So I may have jumped the gun a bit last time -- but Kenshi version 1.0 drops for real on December 6th.

https://lofigames.com/blog-27-version-1-0-release-date/

BLOG #27: VERSION 1.0 RELEASE DATE!
By Nat Posted On November 15, 2018
THE BIG NEWS

Lo-Fi Games is pleased to announce, after a long total of 12 years in development from the moment Chris first created it… Kenshi will reach full release 1.0 on December 6th 2018!

We want to thanks all of our fans from all around the world for their help in supporting us over the years, being patient with us, helping to refine Kenshi with feedback, bug reports, suggestions, and simply enjoying playing Kenshi and boosting us to create something huge.

The finish line is close, now is the last chance to make your voice heard to really help us make Kenshi the best we possibly can. We aren’t taking feature requests anymore and we won’t be adding in any more gameplay features but we’ll be focusing on fixing the last of the bugs and irregularities. Reporting any odd gameplay issues, bugs or imbalances will be massively valuable to us in these next few weeks. No matter how small you think an issue is, or whether you think it’s already been reported, send it in to us anyway!

And don’t worry, even after the 1.0 release we will continue to support the game and work on any fixes we might have missed.

You can share your feedback with us via the Steam forums or our official forums.

*Please note that the price will be increasing from £12.99 to £22.99 at version 1.0.
Infinitron time to trade in that Vapourware tag -- and how about a news post to promote this excellent game?

Zanzoken

Arcane
So I've been playing this a lot the last few days, and while I'm having a blast, I'm having a hard time taking it seriously as the sort of gritty challenge it seems to intend, since if you build a base it just throws wave after wave at you, literally dozens of dead bodies a day (if you can handle them, which I can't in the long term because healing takes ages) and the only way to deal with any sort of overwhelming force is to cheese it in a really stupid way, like leaving one guy in your base to get beat up so the bandits will knock him out and then leave. I tried settling elsewhere to avoid raids and it was even worse. I tried building walls but unless you have a really crazy infrastructure it's not even close to enough, I'd need like 10 dudes dedicated to defending the walls at all times to keep them from getting torn down, my whole squad is 8 people right now. I know I could do some thievery shenanigans with one or two elite guys but I really wanted to do the whole tech tree thing. And the bandits don't even actually do anything when they raid the base, they just stand around waiting to beat people up, steal nothing, then leave.

Base-building is mid to late gameplay and IMO that is how it should be.

People know settlements generate resources, so it's like having a huge target on your back. You'd better be pretty damn tough and ready to handle whatever the world throws at you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom