Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Black Angel

Arcane
Actualy i find it pretty good there are only 24 people...... In Rust (with 100 people) you constantly run into somene and there are no resources left for you, or constantly someone is chasing you and wants to kill you.
So for a survival game, less people is actualy better, because your chances of survival are higher.
So you admit that 76 will be full of griefers and trolls and will be utter shit.

I see you got your tags correctly.
shitposter.png

bethestard.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Again, Todd knows what he is doing, on the other hand, you do not.

Goddamn just when I think you are reasonable, you have to parrot some shit like that. Look man Todd Howard is not making this game. I'm not sure he makes games in the first place. I'm not sure half of these "game designers" like Todd Howard actually do anything besides brainstorm in group fuck-fuck sessions. Maybe years ago he did. I don't really consider walking by people doing work and telling them to add more loot as top tier work.

Look at Kojima. That guy didn't even know how to program when he started working at Konami. He probably still doesn't. All of these gaming "celebs" reek of bullshit. Once they get to a certain age they are used as front men, like Miyamoto, so people can have the illusion their favorite fag is making the game just for them. Writers like MCA at least maintain the illusion that they work all day, even though they shitpost with the best of us.

;) toward MCA's general direction.

Basically the people actually making the game will never be recognized.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The sheer concept of seeing this as anything other than a quick cash-in on the fading PUBG hype is baffling to me. Of course it'll be shit, of course it'll be forgotten about in 6 months, of course they'll cut support for it within a year or two. What else do people think is going to happen?

Squid

Arbiter
Oh, this is still going on, people are still feeding Makabb.
:nocountryforshitposters:
I gotta hand it to you dude, you seem to be able to trick people with decent reasoning and just turn it around on them.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

every time I see a Bethesda thread, I continually wonder why they haven't been wiped from existence by a comet or smth

Tehdagah

Arcane
The more I read about it, the more shit it sounds like.

:imperialscum:

you mean better
No. I mean really shitty.
This is "Fallout, the safe space online game". It's aimed at people who don't like conflict and don't like to lose.

They say it's a survival Fallout, but I don't see any survival in it. Even if you die, you don't lose anything and just respawn... Your base is removed from the game when you're not online, so others can't loot it... It totally facilitates griefing and trolling, because all the anti-grief measures they mentioned do not punish trolls, but instead reward troll behavior:
  • A level 5 character with a knife can beat a level 80 character with power armor and a minigun.
  • Griefers will get a bounty on their head and when killed that bounty will be payed from the griefer's pocket.
    • but if you're a troll with a troll account, you can make a low level character with a knife and no money and still be able to kill high level players.
      • so you will not lose any money if killed.
  • PvP is like a challenge, if not accepted, the player being attacked will receive reduced damage.
    • But they still say that even with that reduced damage, it is possible to kill a player.
      • Now imagine a troll running around a player hitting them over and over, and the health slowly depleting. Even if it's not enough to kill a player, it will be annoying as hell. I don't even want to think about a party of 5 trolls all doing it to a single player.
  • The reward for killing another player is payed off according to the level of the player killed.
    • Which means that killing high level players will give a big reward.
      • Which serve as a great incentive for trolls to make a low level character to kill high level ones, getting a great reward for defeating the high level one and then logout before others have the chance to come and take down the bounty. Then later, the troll just has to give this reward to a friend/alt account and will once again be free to repeat it without much of a consequence.
I have a question, when a player is killed by another player, does the reward comes out from the loser's pockets?
Because both Todd and Hines said that you will not lose "progress or loot" when you you die.
So it seems like a player will not lose anything when a different player kills them (unless it is a wanted character)...
So what is preventing people from making a "dummy" character, quickly level it to whatever level it's possible to reach without much effort, and just put it there, without any armor, and then let a friend "legally" kill this character, over and over and over, it is an unlimited money factory.
:retarded:
Meh, I just want to hunt monsters with some buddies.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Meh, I just want to hunt monsters with some buddies.

BINGO! I have never even played the series, but it is obvious which one is being treated with more respect, in regards to it's core fanbase. Beth knows their NuFallout fanboys will swallow the whole load and ask for seconds.

PLEASE GODD HOWARD CUM DOWN MY THROAT ONE MORE TIME! I GOTTA HAVE THEM PAID MODS!

The fans will think they are getting the best deal when two years from now they finally get private servers with mods. By then everyone will be ready to play the next shitty Beth game, so only the fanatics will even bother. You will get people trying to turn the game into more of a RPG at some point like they have with Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout 4...

What does that tell you Bethesda? NMA/Codex was right. Have you noticed your fanboys turning against you on mindless platforms like IGN and Facebook? I know you have no choice, due to being ran by a monolithic corporate overlord committee, but you are likely to start getting a few 7's and 8's reaaaallll soon. Once you hit that point you are fucked, and I will dance a fucking jig the whole time.

We may be the most vocal majority but that is the way the world works now. The loudest wins as long as they have one or two valid points. Who cares if the lorefags are a bunch of autists that are so obsessed with Fallout they don't realize their complaints apply to any other game they like? People bitch about psychics but then give New Vegas a get out of jail free card. People bitch about logistics of the BoS having splinter factions while also ignoring the ones in New Vegas...and the numerous real life parallels.

This is a problem with so many factors it takes pages of text to fully break it down all the way. It goes even further into OUR CULTURE and the instant gratification we now are all too aware of. These games are like a visual representation of...the Decline of civilization as we know it.

Did anyone ever complain about the lore of Planescape: Torment not making a lot of sense without the sourcebooks? You get tons of lore dumps over a couple screens the entire game. There is hardly a fucking world to explore at all. Loot sucks. Combat sucks. To think this is the best we have...fuck me. The obsession with lore has damaged the genre to the extent we see now. This extends to the new CINEMATIC UNIVERSE movie garbage that we all wanted so fucking bad.

We want C&C, world class writing/music/level design, a living breathing world, dozens of endings nobody will ever see, but we want it all in the same generic settings we have been playing since the shit started. Nostalgia is KILLING RPG's along with the morons that are simplifying to get more bang for their bucks because they realize people like us are incredibly hard to please. But we are growing. Every truth uttered magnifies in intensity depending on WHO and WHERE you direct the WORDS. The words of power...

Take Pillars of Eternity for instance. You faggots wanted it. Yes, it was going to suck. It is the same game you played in the old days, except made in a time of SJW infested turmoil. People like me said, "Hey dudes. This is the same gay shit. You will be disappointed."

They give you Tyranny because they know all you want is a bunch of faggy fantasy shit that looks like Baldur's Gate - or maybe Arcanum on some level. They know if it uses some ruleset like D&D 6 1/2 you will all debate the pros and cons of negligible game mechanics when the fucking game is boring/derivative so bad hardcore fantasy nerds are disgusted.

Now I see why they went with a sequel to PoE. They knew no matter what they did, RPG Codex would hate it, so they try to get whatever fans bought the last shitty fantasy game to buy the next one. If Fallout 1 was made today people would hate it. This isn't a statement against the RPGCodex contrary to the butthurt you might be feeling. This is a statement about the human condition and the damnation of the human race on a cosmic level. Enjoy the show!

That being said DAY ONE PURCHASE for the next isometric RPG if it is not fantasy and made by more than one dude jacking off in a basement to lore dumps.

Tharkin2

Savant
My guess for the BETA
OCT 16 for Xbox
OCT 23 for everyone else. The day of the great war
OCT 30 end

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
It will die once Bethesda goes bankrupt or they shut down the servers. Just Petard Hines mouthing off again about shit he barely knows about.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Funny that is the number one response I see at places like NEOGAF. Game is gonna hurt the franchise. Can't wait.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Funny that is the number one response I see at places like NEOGAF. Game is gonna hurt the franchise. Can't wait.

Pretty sure those posts are offset by Bethesda fans who say "that you must have faith, Bethesda has proved itself in the past" and "if you cancel your pre order you are not a true Fallout fan" etc.

There are still these... I can't call them hardcore Fallout fans because they aren't... Bethesda bootlickers who will accept no talk of wrong about Bethesda ever even if the evidence is clear in their face until it drops on them and they have no choice but to acknowledge it. But then they quickly forget it again when Bethesda announces the next title and are as fervently loyal as before and will accept no bad talking about their favorite publisher.

Squid

Arbiter
who will accept no talk of wrong about Bethesda ever even if the evidence is clear in their face until it drops on them and they have no choice but to acknowledge it. But then they quickly forget it again
From what I see, it's not so much as forgetting that it happened but more or less that they just excuse or downplay any flaws pointed out in the games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom