Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's become daemon cops in Unavowed (Finished)

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I dunno, but when i hear "powerful demon schemer" i expect something more sophisticated than "force the family to start kill-team'ing each other with the stolen pussy and mind powers".
Now that i think about it, none of the demon's villainy were that interesting so far.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I dunno, but when i hear "powerful demon schemer" i expect something more sophisticated than "force the family to start kill-team'ing each other with the stolen pussy and mind powers".
Now that i think about it, none of the demon's villainy were that interesting so far.
Seems like a missed opportunity to make a demon-scheming simulator.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We got Solium Infernum for that though.

lightbane

Arcane
This would have only been better had we chosen male-Codex at the start.

So, that's the gay part I read so much rants about here. It's more awkward than anything else.

BUT NOT BEFORE TRIGGERING A RANDOM ENCOUNTER

Twice now?

... Yes, Dana. You deserve to die for this.

@_@

WHAT?!

You killed my friend.

It was just a dog. Get a grip.

THE EVIL OF THAT DEMON!! Not that great actually.

Three... No, four flashbacks in a row. That's being lazy.

He often says that death is part of the mundane world, and we should not get involved. But after what we saw tonight, perhaps we should... review that sentiment.

You better. What the hell do you do when you encounter ghosts? Leave them festering alone? Not a very good "supernatural police" you guys are.
20180913172939_1.jpg

Now THAT'S extra-lazy. How hard was it to write a "what" or something like this?

The game so far doesn't seem to be as good as the reviews make it out to be.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Doesn't look personal enough.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Doesn't look personal enough.

You'd be surprised.

It is also very friendly!

Erebus

Arcane
The fact that the story tries to be PG-13 contrasts poorly with the fact that the puzzles seem to have been designed for 7-year-old kids.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
20180916092254_1.jpg

Since Logan joined up, the main menu has changed accordingly. Seems like there's still a spot for one goy?

20180916092402_1.jpg

Data mining time!

20180916092406_1.jpg

sup

mandy1.png
I have a question. Of a... personal nature. I hope you will answer it.

20180916092413_1.jpg

:bunkertime: You've been awfully curious about me.

mandy3.png
I have my reasons. Please indulge me. Our missions have taken a very... personal nature. At least, as far as you are concerned. These visions you have seen of your demon-self. Could you tell me how they make you feel?

20180916092432_1.jpg

:codexisfor: I'm glad of them. Without them, we'd never know what the demon did.

mandy1.png
I see. Pragmatism. That is often necessary, but rarely pleasant. Thank you for sharing, I will see you at the meeting.

20180916092441_1.jpg

:codexisfor: How's Logan fitting in?

mandy1.png
It was... difficult for my father to accept a Bestower, but he understands the necessity. I am certain Logan will prove himself. As you have.

:codexisfor: Did you see a little blue... thing... fly by?

mandy1.png
Yes, that would be KayKay, Logan's spirit guide. I admit, I was surprised to see her as well. Eli has a theory, he can explain it better than I.

wooo theories

:codexisfor: Why are you so curious to know how I feel?

mandy3.png
My concern is for your welfare. We must all watch out for each other, since no one else will. One day, you will do the same for me.

commie.gif

:codexisfor: Any thoughts on that last mission?

mandy1.png
I confess, putting lost souls to rest gave me a certain... satisfaction. I can see the appeal in being a Bestower. Yet I am glad I am not one.

:codexisfor: I'll leave you to it.

mandy1.png
Thank you.

Next!

20180916092523_1.jpg

Sup, e-lah

20180916092530_1.jpg

20180916092536_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Um, it IS tomorrow.

eli2.png
It is? Jesus, I should really put a clock down here.

20180916092542_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Burning the midnight oil?

eli2.png
Oh, a fire pun. Never heard that one before. I was reading about ghosts. Trying to learn more about the geists we saw. There must be millions of texts and old tomes on the subject. None of them have anything approaching solid facts. Still, there's GOT to be something. Somewhere.

20180916092558_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Why are you so interested?

eli2.png
Why do you THINK? Lost ghosts are turning geist on us.

[Scholastic lore: Nazism] "Geist" means "Ghost" in German. Just fyi.

eli5.png
*Sigh* I really shouldn't let this stuff get to me. I've outlived a lot of people. I buried my wife over sixty years ago. Heck, my kids are in their 60s. I'm probably going to outlive them too. And that's... okay, I've made my peace with it. But GEISTS? That their souls could be... twisted like that? I don't like it. Not at all.

20180916092623_1.jpg

:codexisfor: We have Logan now. If the worst happens, he'll help.

eli1.png
I hope you're right. Anyway, sorry for the brooding. See you at the meeting?

20180916092629_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Could you tell me about your family?

eli4.png
You don't know many parents, do you? Never ask a dad about his kids, he won't shut up. But yeah, you probably saw the pictures on the wall. I have two girls, Julie and Gloria.

20180916092642_1.jpg

:desu: Must be cool, having a fire mage for a dad.

eli1.png
They... don't exactly know about that. And they never will. They, um, think I'm dead.

:codexisfor: They think you're DEAD?

eli2.png
I faked my death, remember? When my powers manifested, they attracted... the Hunters. The ones I told you about. The Hunters of Aldin. Creatures dedicated to hunting down all fire mages. That's why there are so few of us. They would have hurt my kids unless I died. So I did.

... but why would they hurt your keeds? This makes no sense.

:codexisfor: I'm so sorry. That must have been hard.

eli1.png
Yeah. Still is.

:codexisfor: Are they fire mages too?

eli1.png
... no. No, they aren't. Thank God for that.

:codexisfor: What happened to your wife?

eli5.png
Donna was young. Thirty? Thirty-one? It was cancer that took her. Seems so... mundane, doesn't it? When I think about all the things I've seen since. Just goes to show you don't need magic or monsters for something to be terrible.

Seems Eli's past life didn't go up in smoke as it seemed so before.

:codexisfor: So you raised your kids by yourself?

eli2.png
Why is everyone always so surprised when they hear that? Yeah, I raised them both. Got them into a school near my office. We... figured it out.

:codexisfor: Julie and Gloria. Tell me about them.

eli4.png
Heh. I DID warn you about asking a dad about his kids, right? Well, here's the cliffnotes version. Gloria married a realtor and moved to Florida. They're both retired now. Julie got bit by the wanderlust bug and it hasn't let go. She hasn't settled down and probably never will. They... turned out fine. Dad or no dad.

:codexisfor: You keep tabs on your kids?

eli1.png
Once in a while. I might not be in their lives, but I'm still their father. What kind of dad would I be if I didn't watch out for them?

*smacks lips*

:codexisfor: Nevermind about your family. Let's talk about something else.

eli1.png
Yeah, enough talking about the past.

20180916092758_1.jpg

:codexisfor: How's Logan fitting in?

eli1.png
He's an impressive guy. He's been out there for almost a year, all by himself. I think he's finally happy to have some backup.

:codexisfor: Did you see a blue light fly by?

loight floi boi

eli1.png
Oh, that was KayKay. Turns out we can see her now. Well, sort of.

:codexisfor: We can all see KayKay now? How?

how now brown cow?

eli1.png
Because Logan's officially joined the Unavowed. All members of the Unavowed share a spiritual bond, albeit a slight one. Logan and KayKay have a strong spiritual bond. It's what enables him to see and speak to her. Now that we're all linked, we're getting some... spillover, I guess. We can't speak to her, but we can kind of see her.

:codexisfor: Any thoughts on our last mission?

eli1.png
Hearing about these geists was bad enough, but I'm REALLY glad I wasn't there to see them. So... thanks for that, I guess.

Anytime.

:codexisfor: I'll leave you to it.

eli4.png
Right! See you around.

20180916092856_1.jpg

Sup bois.

20180916092906_1.jpg

[perception]

logan1.png
You guys keep some late hours around here.

20180916092914_1.jpg

:terminate: I usually pulled the late shift on the force. I'm used to it.

logan5.png
Walking around the city in the dead of night, huh? Not much has changed for you.

NIGHTCRAWLER

logan1.png
Anyway, I was told there'd be a meeting or something? Just let me know when it starts.

No, let's first get to know each other! :desu:

:codexisfor: I'd like to talk a bit first.

logan1.png
I can do that.

20180916092927_1.jpg

:codexisfor: What are you doing with your phone?

logan1.png
You ever hear of Trollgate? Some online game thing. KayKay is... a little obsessed with it. Oh, don't deny it, KayKay, you totally are. You make me play this thing every chance we get. Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Roleplaying a pink troll in a fairy tale land, zapping goblins with magic. Okay, okay, KayKay says they aren't goblins. They're called WHITTIKANS. Yeesh, such a nerd.

Original content, do not steal.

logan6.png
What? You are!

Talking to Logan feels a bit like listening to something talking on the phone on the bus.

:codexisfor: There's a ball of light next to you.

logan1.png
That's no ball of light, that's KayKay. Seems you guys can see her? Eli was saying it was because we're all linked now or something. You'd have to ask him. I couldn't understand two words of it.

:codexisfor: Could we talk about yourself?

logan1.png
Sure... I guess.

:codexisfor: How long have you been a Bestower?

logan1.png
About a year, give or take. One day I got the worst headache of my life. Then KayKay appeared and everything made a lot more sense.

"About a year", and he already knows all the lingo like "Bestower" that took Rosa 4-5 games to figure out.

:codexisfor: Things made sense after KayKay appeared?

logan1.png
Yeah, with my brother Jonah. He was a Bestower before me. He'd been acting strange for weeks. Jumping at shadows. Staring at stuff that wasn't there. I begged him to talk to me, but how could he? I wouldn't have believed him. He couldn't handle it. In the end... he took his own life. When he died, I inherited his gift. And KayKay. She explained everything. Jonah wasn't crazy. He never was. And accepting this... gift? It's the only way I can honor him. So here we are.

:codexisfor: So aside from being a bestower, you're mundane, like me.

logan1.png
I was never anyone particularly special. And honestly? I'm still not. So am I mundane? Sure. Mundane as mud.

:codexisfor: Can I ask you about KayKay?

logan1.png
Is... that okay? She says it's okay.

:codexisfor: Why does she bob up and down like that?

The blue light ball keeps doing it.

logan1.png
She says she doesn't know. But honestly? I think she's messing with me.

logan6.png
Why? Because you're ALWAYS messing with me.

:codexisfor: What does KayKay look like?

logan1.png
Oh yeah, you only see a ball of light, right? I see a little girl. About ten years old. I... really? You sure it's okay? Well, okay. I have a picture on my phone of what she looked like. You know, when she was alive. She says it's cool if you want to see.

Keeping photos of dead 10-year-olds on your phone, huh? :neveraskedforthis:

:codexisfor: I'd love to see that picture of KayKay.

logan1.png
Sure, here.

20180916093051_1.jpg

Yep, Blackwell connection confirmed for good.

20180916093055_1.jpg

:codexisfor: KayKay was so... young.

logan4.png
I know. She was ten. Just... try not to make a big thing of it, okay?

:codexisfor: How did KayKay die?

logan4.png
... Look, you never spoke to a ghost before, so you can't know this. You don't ask a ghost how they died. You just don't. It really upsets them. So... let's not do that, okay?

Fortunately, [forbidden lore: out of character] lets us know the answer. She was smothered by her own crazy mother in her Cleve's bunker in the basement.

logan1.png
I think I'm just happy to walk more than two feet in any direction. I'm eager to MOVE. You need me to run out for coffee or a pizza or anything? Just say the word.

*produces whip*

:codexisfor: See you around, Logan. You too, KayKay.

logan1.png
Talk later. Now, where were we...

Next!

20180916093124_1.jpg

Vicki still being a boozehound.

vicky5.png
But now... I know it was just lost. I'm glad Logan's on the team. Nobody deserves that. Nobody.

20180916093130_1.jpg

vicky1.png
It's infuriating. Somewhere in the Gun Hill precinct is some poor cop assigned to the Eddings house case. He'll never solve it. Ever. An unsolved case like that can haunt a cop their entire career. Make them hate themselves. Drive them to drink. I want to drop an anonymous tip in the mail, but what the hell do I say? "A demon did it"? I guess I just have to live with it.

Seems to me like she's overreacting. It's not like there were missing corpses or anything, just a double-murder suicide. Sure, motives might be left unexplained, but the general idea of what happened is as clear as day.

:codexisfor: We'll chat later.

vicky2.png
Right. Catch ya later, partner.

Kalash, my man!

20180916093157_1.jpg

Unhallowed hall.

kalash1.png
More evidence that times are changing.

20180916093205_1.jpg

:codexisfor: What do you have against bestowers?

kalash1.png
Nothing at all. It is their vocation I have issue with. Bestowers deal with death. Mundane, mortal death. It is messy, fraught with emotion, and rarely pleasant. But... times are changing rapidly. We must adjust in kind. So, shall we start the meeting?

20180916093215_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Call the meetung.

kalash1.png
Yes. It is time.

20180916093220_1.jpg

The council has convened.

eli4.png
So you met the new guy?

kalash1.png
The bestower? Yes, I have. Did I read the report correctly? You battled three poltergiests for two days and survived?

logan1.png
Uhm. I wouldn't call it battling. I just kind of... sat there.

kalash1.png
Regardless, anyone else entering that house would have been killed. You being there saved lives.

participationtrophy.png

logan1.png
Well, I was where I needed to be. That's all.

kalash1.png
No doubt. HOWEVER. A poltergeist should have never formed in the first place. Let alone three! How did this happen?

20180916093244_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Don't blame us for this.

kalash1.png
Don't be so sensitive. I'm not blaming anybody.

eli5.png
The demon turned the residents against each other. Then encouraged them to kill each other. Somehow in the midst of all that... nasty, their souls got corrupted. Made them go geist.

mandy1.png
But again, we return to our old question. WHY? Why is the demon doing this? To what end? I admit, I am... confused.

kalash1.png
Have we exhausted every lead? Spoken to every witness? Is there anybody left?

vicky1.png
Well, not for nothing, but I got a ping on those prints from the Village Eye basement.

kalash1.png
A... ping. That is good, I assume.

vicky1.png
His name was Harry Taylor. 62 years old. Petty thief. Homeless since '09. Dropped off the radar about a year ago. I guess we know what happened to him.

kalash1.png
And is this relevant?

vicky1.png
I dunno. A name is more than we had before.

20180916093317_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Any lead is a good lead. We'll follow it and see where it goes.

vicky2.png
I taught you that. Don't say that like you just made it up.

kalash1.png
You all know your duty. Report back when you have new information. Meeting adjourned.

20180916093326_1.jpg

20180916093327_1.jpg

wooooosh

logan3.png
Did he just...

vicky1.png
Yes.

Time to hit the road again.

20180916093423_1.jpg

Or rather, the subway.

eli1.png
Huh?

logan1.png
Nothing. KayKay wants me to turn on Trollgate, but there's no signal down here.

eli1.png
Kids and screens, right? Gotta set limits.

logan1.png
I dunno about that. I figure if you die, you should be allowed to play as many videogames as you want.

The RPG Codex hell.

Anyway, our last lead is the ghost in the Village Eye basement. With Logan we should be able to check what its problem is. Might as well take Logan and Vicki there.

NORMIE PRIDE WORLDWIDE

20180916093455_1.jpg

Wait what?! :argh:

Who is it going to be then, ye codex? Bandana or Eli?

lightbane

Arcane

To force him to come out of hiding so that they can "play", duh. Makes sense.

You ever hear of Trollgate? Some online game thing. KayKay is... a little obsessed with it. Oh, don't deny it, KayKay, you totally are. You make me play this thing every chance we get. Anyway, that's what I'm doing. Roleplaying a pink troll in a fairy tale land, zapping goblins with magic. Okay, okay, KayKay says they aren't goblins. They're called WHITTIKANS. Yeesh, such a nerd.

Soo, what is the game parodying? I don't play mobile games.

"About a year", and he already knows all the lingo like "Bestower" that took Rosa 4-5 games to figure out.

More compet-

Yeah, with my brother Jonah. He was a Bestower before me. He'd been acting strange for weeks. Jumping at shadows. Staring at stuff that wasn't there. I begged him to talk to me, but how could he? I wouldn't have believed him. He couldn't handle it. In the end... he took his own life. When he died, I inherited his gift. And KayKay. She explained everything. Jonah wasn't crazy. He never was. And accepting this... gift? It's the only way I can honor him. So here we are.

Nah, nevermind. It is justified well, for once.

Blackwell connection confirmed for good.

A terrible fate, to become a spirit guide. One you cannot escape without extraordinary means, ever.

More evidence that times are changing.

For the better, dealing with the supernatural and ignoring ghosts because they're icky is asking for trouble.

Who is it going to be then, ye codex? Bandana or Eli?

Let's bring Eli this time. Womandana had her chance before.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Perhaps because being a fire mage is something that run in the blood. But then why would they stop trying to kill them once he's disappeared? Meh

Erebus

Arcane
Let's try Eli.

The dialogue options Codexia gets for being a former cop don't seem to have very significant consequences, but they're a nice touch (though they would be better without the very unsubtle "<cop>" tag). I kind of wonder what the bartender/actor's dialogue options look like...

Egosphere

Arcane
Let's try Eli.

The dialogue options Codexia gets for being a former cop don't seem to have very significant consequences, but they're a nice touch (though they would be better without the very unsubtle "<cop>" tag). I kind of wonder what the bartender/actor's dialogue options look like...

For the actor, you can lie your way through a lot of situations.

Koschey

Arcane
I'll always say Mandana (and Vicki), because I agree with the rest of the thread that Eli is more interesting and thus used him (and Logan) exclusively from this point forward in my own playthrough.

edit:
Regarding the Hunters and Eli's family: It's pretty heavily implied if not outright stated being a fire mage is hereditary with possible generation skips. Faking his own death could have meant the difference between 'That Eli guy is a fire mage and we all know how dangerous they are; let's take no risks and plant a bomb in his family home' and 'That Eli guy is dead and his family don't exhibit signs of being fire mages; for now it's enough to leave them alone and just keep tabs on them until another one awakens to those powers'. Or, since fae are involved, perhaps they are contract bound to only be able to take action as long as there is a living/active fire mage involved or something similar.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
20180917181752_1.jpg

Eli, you're comin' with me.

20180917181810_1.jpg

Really? It's like everyone knows everyone in NY.

logan3.png
Uh...

cop.png
We missed you at the last few meetings. We've been worried.

logan2.png
Dude. It's Alcoholics ANONYMOUS for a reason.

:excellent:

cop.png
Oh, crap. Sorry.

logan1.png
It's fine, whatever. I'll be at the next one. I promise.

cop.png
Gonna hold you to that.

20180917181820_1.jpg

:codexisfor: You two know each other?

logan1.png
Yeah. Through AA meetings. Now the whole block knows.

:codexisfor: Okay, let's move on.

Indeed. Moving on to the green basement.

20180917181904_1.jpg

Hello, desocupado

logan1.png
This is, um, not what I expected to see down here.

20180917181911_1.jpg

Shut up and do your thing.

logan1.png
Hey. You look a bit lost. Maybe we can help?

20180917181915_1.jpg

20180917181924_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Eli? Did you hear the ghost talk?

eli3.png
I did! We must be getting some psychic spillover from Logan.

eli4.png
We should have hired a Bestower years ago!

You know... this is tremendously dumb. Why HAS the Unavowed never had one? Kalash talks about 'blablabla mundane deff', but ghosts floating around being lost sure isn't mundane at all. And even real cops sometimes do shitty things like hand out parking tickets, so why this "supernatural police" would not do it is completely beyond me.

logan2.png
Shh! Let me work here.

I... I... what's going on? Who are you?

logan1.png
I'm Logan Brown, this is KayKay.

I don't know you, you don't know me. You shouldn't be here.

20180917181936_1.jpg

We're from Russia and here to help.

logan1.png
We'd like to help you. If you'd let us.

Get out of here. Get out of here before they come back.

logan1.png
Nobody's coming. I'm sorry.

You're lying. You're trying to make a fool of me.

logan1.png
I'm not. I swear I'm not.

You need to leave this place.

logan4.png
Look, I hate to be blunt, but you're dead. Your body is right over there.

No! This is a place of LIFE. Of HEALING. Take your lies and GO.

logan4.png
*Sigh* I know, KayKay. That never works.

logan1.png
Are you Harry Taylor?

... you know me?

logan1.png
I know of you.

Oh, I see. So it worked!

20180917182007_1.jpg

logan1.png
What do you mean, "it worked"?

The pain, it's all gone. The ritual must have worked. Thank God!

Beats me what this reaction has to do with knowing his name, but that's just me.

20180917182012_1.jpg

logan1.png
Whatever happened here... I don't think it worked. I'm sorry.

But... but it HAD to. The master promised. Jordon, Wendy, they all promised... All I had to do was bleed a little. Just a little. Wendy lifted the knife and then... Oh.

logan1.png
Yeah, I'm sorry.

And you're here to...

20180917182030_1.jpg

I see. Will it... will it hurt?

logan1.png
No, the hard part's over. Just take KayKay's hand, okay?

Okay.

20180917182039_1.jpg

One vacuum cleaned ghost, coming right up.

logan1.png
All right, he's gone.

That wasn't particularly useful...

WHEN SUDDENLY!!!

the earth starts shaking

20180917182048_1.jpg

and the guy's corpse vanishes.

logan3.png
No. No, that never happens. Maybe we should get out of here?

eli1.png
I was about to suggest the same thing.

Time to gtfo.

20180917182104_1.jpg

uh-oh

20180917182105_1.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE

20180917182111_1.jpg

20180917182113_1.jpg

20180917182114_1.jpg

20180917182116_1.jpg

oshit it's a pwgra.

gal1.png
Have you brought more worshippers at last?

20180917182126_1.jpg

:codexisfor: Melkhiresa?

Sounds semitic, if it's not just a random jumble of letters. Probably "king of something" or "Something is my king".

gal1.png
That is you, is it not? I would recognize those pouty lips anywhere.

gal2.png
That spirit was the only worshipper I had left, and you destroyed him!

logan2.png
Worshipper? That was no worshipper. He was just someone who needed help, so we helped him.

You tell her, commander Shepard.

gal1.png
Hm, a bestower. Rare as hen's teeth you are. You cannot resist your nature. I cannot fault you. Nevertheless, Melkhiresa and I had an ARRANGEMENT.

20180917182147_1.jpg

:codexisfor: My name isn't Melkhiresa.

gal1.png
That was the name you gave me. The one you made our bargain with. Have you forgotten EVERYTHING? The power to heal in exchange for worshippers. THAT was our arrangement. Do you intend to honor it?

eli2.png
Look, whatever deal you made, it wasn't with her.

gal3.png
A fire mage? I thought Aldin's hunters put you all to death. You keep interesting company, Melkhiresa. I believe I understand now.

gal2.png
You joined THEM. The Unavowed. The ones who banished me to the North Woods.

20180917182203_1.jpg

:codexisfor: The North Woods is 80 blocks north of here.

gal2.png
I KNOW this. This grove was created with magic that I gave you. Making it an extension of my domain in the North Woods. Completely in line with terms of my banishment, if not the spirit of them.

gal3.png
But that's Jinns for you. Always so literal.

eli3.png
Wait, Jinn? You saying Mandana banished you?

gal1.png
I speak of Kalash. Does he still live?

eli1.png
Sure he does. I'll tell him hi. We are done here.

20180917182233_1.jpg

eli what are you doing

gal2.png
No. I don't believe so.

20180917182242_1.jpg

THE FLOOR IS LAVA!

20180917182243_1.jpg

So long, Eli :hero:

20180917182244_1.jpg

gal1.png
Bestower. Melkhiresa. You are free to go.

20180917182248_1.jpg

The vines retreat from the door.

gal3.png
Tell Kalash to come to my grove in the North Woods. I want to renegotiate the terms of our agreement.

20180917182255_1.jpg

ominous

Quick fadeout, and we're back at the ranch.

20180917182301_1.jpg

mandy1.png
It should have been me. Why was I left behind? Eli is NOT a fighter. Leading him into danger was irresponsible.

kalash1.png
And would you have fared better?

Spoiler: nope. Womandana gets abducted just the same.

mandy1.png
I do have SOME experience in combat, father.

logan1.png
You weren't there. It happened too quick. There's nothing you could have done.

mandy1.png
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

vicky1.png
Guys, we need facts, we need data. Who is this tree-lady anyway? You said you imprisoned her?

kalash1.png
It was centuries ago. This city was just forming. It was taking over her forest, she... resented it. She was a danger. She was... hurting people. Killing them. She had to be contained.

20180917182409_1.jpg

:fight: Contained? Why didn't you kill her instead?

kalash1.png
We are not butchers. She pleaded for mercy, I gave it to her. It... seemed like the best course of action at the time.

:codexisfor: How was she able to overpower Eli so easily?

vicky1.png
Good question. Can't Eli throw fire? How'd he get taken by a thing made of WOOD?

kalash1.png
Galene is cunning. Her experience extends back thousands of years. If she could not defend against fire magic by now, I would be disappointed. But rest assured. Galene WILL pay for taking Mage Beckett.

Speaking of which, remember how Eli remarked about the grove being resistant to fire when we went there for the first time? This makes his heroic charge just now rather patently stupid.

:codexisfor: And my demon let her out. Terrific.

kalash1.png
Only partially, but perhaps that was the intent? To free Galene? But why? A discussion for another time. AFTER we rescue Mage Beckett.

20180917182432_1.jpg

:codexisfor: She said she wants to "renegotiate terms".

kalash1.png
If she wants to negotiate, that means she has something to negotiate WITH.

mandy1.png
In other words, Eli is alive.

kalash1.png
I have no doubt.

mandy1.png
I am coming with you father, I will hear no argument.

kalash1.png
I would not dream of saying otherwise.

20180917182443_1.jpg

:bunkertime: This is a trap, right? It's obviously a trap.

vicky1.png
No shit. You don't invite the enemy to your door without a reason.

kalash1.png
You forget that I defeated her once, when her forest covered this entire island. Now she has only a tiny grove. Her power is a mere fraction of what it was.

famous last words

:codexisfor: I'm going too.

kalash1.png
Yes, Galene knows you. Or at least, she knows the demon that was within you. That can definitely be used to our advantage. And get some answers in the bargain.

logan1.png
Hey, KayKay and I were THERE when everything went down. We're going too.

vicky1.png
You ain't leaving me behind either.

kalash1.png
This is a NEGOTIATION, not a battle. Only the three of us are needed. But... your zeal is appreciated.

:hmmm:

20180917182510_1.jpg

:terminate: Okay, let's go.

kalash1.png
Yes. The sooner the better.

20180917182555_1.jpg

You're not the only one looking at Kalash right now.

kalash1.png
I do not believe so.

mandy1.png
Ah, well, perhaps... you should renew your veil?

kalash1.png
Later. We have more important things to worry about. Mage Beckett and Galene are the task ahead. Everything else is trivial.

mandy1.png
You are... not wrong.

Yeah, right. Suddenly it's all a-okay for the normies to know that djinn exist, because we are in such a hurry. HURR.

Brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, because the next update is gonna be Majestic.

lightbane

Arcane
You know... this is tremendously dumb. Why HAS the Unavowed never had one? Kalash talks about 'blablabla mundane deff', but ghosts floating around being lost sure isn't mundane at all. And even real cops sometimes do shitty things like hand out parking tickets, so why this "supernatural police" would not do it is completely beyond me.

Choose one: Writers are 'tards, or the djinn in charge is an arrogant SOB.

One vacuum cleaned ghost, coming right up.

You know, I believe Rosa wasn't that fast nor good too.

Have you brought more worshippers at last?

You would assume that everyone supernatural would pick up that the alleged demon is no longer present, but apparently no-one bought the Read Aura spell.

Spoiler: nope. Womandana gets abducted just the same.

No SJW screeching?

Speaking of which, remember how Eli remarked about the grove being resistant to fire when we went there for the first time? This makes his heroic charge just now rather patently stupid.

He probably has the unconscious urge to commit suicide after having lived for so long surrounded by terminally incompetent people.

famous last words

Yeah. As a Djinn, he should know a little about tempting fate. Literally.

Later. We have more important things to worry about. Mage Beckett and Galene are the task ahead. Everything else is trivial.

Yeah, right. Suddenly it's all a-okay for the normies to know that djinn exist, because we are in such a hurry. HURR.

It's okay, the djinn is probably thinking that humies are still living in the middle ages and the Internet and image capturing are bootlegged, useless magical artifacts.

Brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, because the next update is gonna be Majestic.

Will it be worse than putting the entire world to sleep without nasty side-effects? Or the infamous Conveyor of Souls?

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
You would assume that everyone supernatural would pick up that the alleged demon is no longer present, but apparently no-one bought the Read Aura spell.
For some inexplicable reason, i found this part the most annoying so far.

Tigranes

Arcane
Christ this game gets dumber and dumber

At least something notable happened, sort of

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom