Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Free Stars: Children of Infinity - upcoming Star Control 2 sequel from Fred Ford's Pistol Shrimp Games

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think whether they are has beens or even would create a good new Star Control-like game isn't relevant (given the Kickstarter successes of has been RPG developers I would even agree that we will likely not see a good game from them), relevant is that they have the IP

Just because you're better driver doesn't entitle you to steal your neighbors car because he can't drive for shit

Beastro

Arcane
There was something fishy the way Wardell was acting super innocent and naive almost to the point of being a stereotype of a bad guy.

With that said I don't see anything good coming from this lawsuit. Wardell's game looks shit and I only see a super slim chance of Toys4Bob making a good game, but it's the only chance of getting one.... so does that make me on their side?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think whether they are has beens or even would create a good new Star Control-like game isn't relevant, relevant is that they have the IP
Just because you're better driver doesn't entitle you to steal your neighbors car because he can't drive for shit
That would all be true ... if I were a policeman. But I'm not. I'm a gamer and I want to see the best games come out. Hell yes I would stand behind Evil Knievel stealing some lame dude's motorcycle to make an awesome jump instead of the lame dude just driving around town revving his engine annoyingly loud to compensate for small genitals.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That would all be true ... if I were a policeman. But I'm not. I'm a gamer and I want to see the best games come out. Hell yes I would stand behind Evil Knievel stealing some lame dude's motorcycle to make an awesome jump instead of the lame dude just driving around town revving his engine annoyingly loud to compensate for small genitals.

Please re-read what you just posted: You're a fucking junkie trying to justify your habit. You don't care what anus it comes from, as long as you get your fix.

This is why we have shit games coming out every year from shit studios that somehow sell millions of copies.

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please re-read what you just posted: You're a fucking junkie trying to justify your habit.
Yes - I'm addicted to quality. :obviously:
If that means that some lawyers somewhere are sad and I get an excellent game, yes, I'm happy.
That worked so well for Fallout and Bethesda, and they at least got the IP fair and square
That's an example of lawyering ruining something. You're agreeing with me.

You idiots are trying to reductio ad absurdum me but you're positing the exact opposite of my arguments. :roll:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
You idiots are trying to reductio ad absurdum me but you're positing the exact opposite of my arguments.

For that to work the argument would have had to come before, not after.

Yes - I'm addicted to quality. :obviously:

tumblr_o681jkeJb01vseeauo1_500.gif

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
So many fags defending a bunch of has beens who had one good idea 25 years ago but now after making a fortune by making the equivalent of gambling figurines for children through parent blackmail, have a middle age crisis and desperately try to convince people that they're still kewl hardcore gamers at heart, after making complete shit for longer than some people here were born.

I'm with Wardell 100% here. He NEVER gave us up. He still makes games FOR us, without ANY compromises.

Fuck those whiny losers.

And this is why kids, feelings have no place in a court of law.
Otherwise justice would be granted to individuals that produce the largest spumes while yelling about their petty tendencies.

I'm a gamer and I want to see the best games come out.

Then your signature should read, "More importantly than being a mature human being, I am a gamer. Give me quality and I'll suck your cock in perpetuum."

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder which side some posters here are defending. Currently we don't know who owns the rights, and we don't know if either game will (or would) be any good. Best case scenario would be these two companies leaving each other alone. I sympathize with Zombra, though I don't know who he's rooting for - whoever emerges from this mess with a great game for me to buy is the dev I'll be supporting. It's not like they're killing children to make it happen. I'd rather the people who created the originals got to take a crack at it than Stardock, though, as they're the only ones who have proved that they're capable of making a good Star Control game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I'm not taking a side in this one, though some posters may think otherwise.

I'd like to see Toys for Bob make a sequel, but I've known for years that the chance of that happening would be next to none. Which is why I was both surprised and puzzled to see their renewed interest in making one, at the worst possible time for them. If they'd really been interested, they would have bought the franchise off of Atari instead of letting Stardock grab it.

Stardock to me as a developer is an unwritten page, seeing that I've never played a single one of their games. (Yes, really.) But judging from a glance at their gameography (ludography?) they appear suitable for the job of making a new Star Control game, though if it'll be any good remains to be seen.

Finally I am somewhat sympathetic and supportive of Wardell as a person, based solely on what I've seen the SJWs try to do to him. I do not know him, nor have I ever met him. I appreciate the fact that he defies the SJWs and isn't afraid to speak his mind.

Beyond that I'm just waiting to see where the legal cookie crumbles.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
I sympathize with Zombra, though I don't know who he's rooting for - whoever emerges from this mess with a great game for me to buy is the dev I'll be supporting.
Same here. I'm not really rooting for anyone here - I don't know what combination of events will produce the best result for the consumer. I'm rooting against the position that rigid adherence to Byzantine law is the highest form of virtue.

Finally I am somewhat sympathetic and supportive of Wardell is a person, based solely on what I've seen the SJWs try to do to him. I do not know him, nor have I ever met him. I appreciate the fact that he defies the SJWs and isn't afraid to speak his mind.
lol. So much for Mr. Law and Order.

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
I am supporting Wardell because people who have made nothing but utter bullshit for decades to then pull some emotional blackmail with crocodile tears, and even beg for money in spite of being millionaires, deserve to be driven out of the industry entirely. I hope it costs them as much as possible in lawyer fees as well.

Cael

Arcane
... whoever emerges from this mess with a great game for me to buy is the dev I'll be supporting.
Yes. Property laws be damned. It is whoever that can come up with a better use for your house who should own your house.

EDIT: Minor grammar nitpick.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
... whoever emerges from this mess with a great game for me to buy is the dev I'll be supporting.
Yes. Property laws be damned. It is whoever that can come up with a better use for your house who should own your house.

EDIT: Minor grammar nitpick.
I'll assume that whoever gets to make and publish a game without legal repercussions owns the rights, because, again, I won't base my purchasing habits on biased second hand law-waffle.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More like a millionaire who owns an empty house in the Caymans as some kind of tax write-off but doesn't allow anyone to live in it. Yes, I say fuck that guy.

If he got the money legitimately and bought the house, it's his to do with what he wants.

So by saying fuck that guy, you are admitting to being a filthy communist.

Cael

Arcane
If he got the money legitimately and bought the house, it's his to do with what he wants.

Not a communist, just an ordinary everyday thug. We have a number of them on the Codex, it seems. This case brought them out into the open, if nothing else.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

Not a communist, just an ordinary everyday thug. We have a number of them on the Codex, it seems. This case brought them out into the open, if nothing else.

No, a straight-up communist.

Some dude is rich, he's not using his house, therefore it's ok to steal/redistribute it. Fuck property rights, muh "needs."

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Some dude is rich, he's not using his house, therefore it's ok to steal/redistribute it. Fuck property rights, muh "needs."
Idiot.

Cael

Arcane

Communists at least wait until they are in power to do it, and they do it in the name of the greater good.

These guys do it solely for their own gain. They are criminals who break into your home and take what they want because they feel they are more entitled to it than you.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Lots of butthurt pinko commies ITT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom