Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your backlog

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I have a ridiculously long list of games to play. But, what the actual fuck? I don't buy a game unless I'm set to play it right now.

You guys are weird.

The compulsion revolves around "gotta get it now while it's on sale because I KNOW I'm gonna play it later!" Steam and GOG know what they're doing.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I only have a backlog if you count unavoidable bundle surplus. Otherwise, I play everything I spend $$$ on.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I have a ridiculously long list of games to play. But, what the actual fuck? I don't buy a game unless I'm set to play it right now.

You guys are weird.

a lot of us grew up with not a lot of money or very good computers. Now when I finally have money I kinda have gone a little nuts buying older games I always wanted to play.
Exactly. I grew up in a pretty poor family with shitty computers, so I had barely any game to play with. We didn't even had internet for a long time. So when I finally had my own job and Steam/GOG started to push prices down, it was like a floodgate breaking up in me, and I bought old, classic games by the dozens. Didn't realized that I won't have the time to play them.

Life plays a funny game with us. When we are young and have the time to play, we don't have the money. When we have the money, we don't have the time as an adult.

Mustawd

Life plays a funny game with us. When we are young and have the time to play, we don't have the money. When we have the money, we don't have the time as an adult.

LIFE, you fucking asshole! :argh:

:negative:

Hevnknekt

Educated
Doing a hardcore mode playthrough of Kingdom Come now. Then I'll do a 2nd playthrough of Legends of Eisenwald.

Aside from that I'll play more Gwent once Project Homecoming is released. Will also try the future expansions/chapters to Kingdom Come.

There's nothing else on my radar. I don't even know about any appealing games in development aside from ELEX 2, but I don't expect it before late 2020.

Last edited:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Haven't bought a game in 3 months and feeling pretty smug about it. Basically just playing my backlog and some emulator stuff on the side.

Made a big list of stuff that I have that I haven't started (or finished) interested in and that I already own and I look at that instead of isthereanydeal.com when I'm scratching around for something to play. The system works well

Tigranes

Arcane

You guys are weird.

The compulsion revolves around "gotta get it now while it's on sale because I KNOW I'm gonna play it later!" Steam and GOG know what they're doing.

Which is just as rational as "it's on 80% sale, i HAVE to buy it because i know i might need it later."

When you buy what you are dying to play, you spend less, get more enjoyment, and get better value out of your time.

I'd think that matters a lot more than having 30 games that you saved huge on, never mind that you played 5, kind of enjoyed them, and might never get to the bottom of the pile.

(Obviously having a few games on the back you forgot about is normal.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom