Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
That Crowdox system is confusing as hell with jumping in on the second page when you're supposed to make a choice on page one...

That shit isn't confusing. It's retarded and whoever runs it is incompetent af.

I sent them several tickets regarding the fact that I never got the beta key for which I paid extra. It took them about 4 fucking weeks to answer, at a point when beta keys had already been going out for a month. Because I hadn't caught wind of the whole CrowdOx scam, I expected to get a mail from InXile. Now Outlook fortunately or unfortunately sorts non-spam mail into two folders, 'relevant' and 'other'. InXile mails always go into the relevant folder. When I found a mail from 'CrowdOx' in the other folder, I opened it on a whim. It had a trivial header and I expected it to be something that should have ended up in spam. Turned out it was InXile's new contractor for the totally taxing task of sending out pledge rewards :lol: They told me they had sent me my beta key a while ago, which is absolutely possible, because I don't even want to talk to you fuckwits, thank you. I backed a game from InXile years ago and have only ever interacted with InXile since then and wasn't informed of any other party that had anything to do with managing my purchase.
Anyways, because my original pledge contained a beta key (which wasn't mentioned on the kickstarter frontpage), I now had 2 beta keys :thumbsup:

I only have digital rewards but they still retained a delivery address until recently, which made me double check if I had any physical rewards incoming. They just recently got their shit together, and the survey now informs you you only have digital rewards and don't need to confirm your address.

:deathclaw:

And now this page skipping business just takes the fucking cake. First they just erase the beta from your Steam account instead of updating it :lol:, and then they send you that link that says 'CLICKY HERE FOR THE KEY YOU PAID FOR YEARS AGO MOTHERFUCKER' and then it skips the one page that actually lets you claim the key, which just happens to be the first fucking page.

Conspiracy theory incoming gize. This shit smells so rancid, I think together with InXile's other problems we can be sure we're dealing with a case of sabotage here. There are fucking moles working for InXile :avatard:

Torment's development was a trainwreck and I really can't see this as Brian's fault. He was legit passionate about that game. Really stupid design decisions were made during the development of that game, starting with the fucking setting. Numanuma is not a mishmash of things, it's just plain fucking nonsensical. Since everything is a gazillion babillion years old potentially, and you have no idea where the fuck you are or what goes there, there's no sense of place and time at all. And then they twist that shit further by calling things that happened or existed a few thousand years ago 'ancient'. Seriously, everything in the game is either as old as the universe, or 1000-10000 years old. Very rarely the add another 0 to spice things up, but that's it. And cyphers are the dumbest shit ever. They have been around for more millenia than you can shake a stick at, but they have exactly one 'charge' left... all of them. ALL OF THEM. Like, even fucking beam weapons. Hey gize, can you tell me how many 'charges' there are in a flashlight with a fully loaded battery? Are you telling me none of those gadgets perform some continuous function instead of firing fucking charges? Not to mention that in the game, all cyphers are healing/ raw damage/ CC gadgets. Not that it gets any better in the PnP where cyphers can do 'literally anything'. That's right... cyphers are actually cheap old one-use D&D spell scrolls :lol: But whatever. Let's not get hung up on a used up cynical old fuck like Monte.

And the decision to have all these writers, Jesus Christ. Ludicrious considering the dev cycle and how many there were. Not to mention the flavour text could just as well have been written by fucking interns.

At least the sappers have now come out of the woodwork with getting Brian to open that studio in Nu Owlins. Like, how good of a decision is it for a developer of this size to have a studio far away from the studio head? Jesus fuck. Same story with Larian, but that's beside the point. When Brian stopped over every now and then they showed him some UE4 razzle-dazzle, talked about some awsum ideas they've been throwing around about where to take things in the game, filled him up with Po' Boys dipped in rohypnol, and sent him staggering off into a hotel room with two hookers holding his arms. Next day he wakes up with a hell of a hangover and some memory gaps but he's convinced he had a swell time and everything's going to be great.
Communication on that project was abysmal ever since the kickstarter ended, but that's how it is when you're a Cali beachboy and you have a bunch of people doing their thing in a swamp on the other side of the country.

And now this CrowdOx bullshit. That thing is just a letterbox company, calling it now. CEO, proprietor and sole employee being that puffy weirdo they also make do the BTIV presentations in a fucking skirt. It's a natural choice, that dude is always running around in a skirt. Occasionally on the weekend, Zyklon Beekers takes over the daunting task of sending out keys to people, sleeping on the office floor and eating cold poptarts while snickering madly to himself about being the dark menace he always wanted to be and one of the machinating puppeteers who make ol' Brian dance like the head in the clouds, eager to please kid he still is at heart.

There's only one way. Let the whole thing fizzle out. Shove BTIV out the door, announcing some grand plans for an expansion while secretly just working on patching that shit up. Then set both places on fire with the most suspicious and unproductive employees still inside. Let God sort em out.

:timetoburn:

The Old Kiwi

Educated
Has anyone among the Beta players used a more-"ordinary" system for gaming this one? If my GTX 750 Ti can't handle it, I'll have to wait before playing. And in the meanwhile, since I expect to use hard media, not a digital download, I suppose I have to buy this in Britain as was the case with the PoE game.

:obviously:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I am really looking forward to this. The other two InXile crpgs I wasn't and went in expecting to be disappointed and was very pleasantly surprised. I hope me having high hopes for this isn't some sort of jinx that breaks the streak.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I backed this and have a key. As with everything else, I have no time. Who would like it, and if so, for GOG or Steam?

I'd ask only that if you play and enjoy it, leave a nice review for the guys at inXile.

Jinn

Arcane
I backed this and have a key. As with everything else, I have no time. Who would like it, and if so, for GOG or Steam?

I'd ask only that if you play and enjoy it, leave a nice review for the guys at inXile.

I would absolutely love to try this out! Will definitely play it and honor your wishes of a nice review for the inXile boys. Steam would be my preferred platform.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I would play and most likely enjoy it,but i rarely do nice review. Have to protect that
OnTheEdge.png
tag ;). Give it to Jinn if you feel like it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm curious about this game, but I wonder if it's a good idea to play this on launch... I get so pissed when I play a game and one month later they announce "here's the better version of that game, without those things you hated!".

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm curious about this game, but I wonder if it's a good idea to play this on launch... I get so pissed when I play a game and one month later they announce "here's the better version of that game, without those things you hated!".

Looking at the hardware recommendations and the trailer performance I wonder if it will even be playable on most machines.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

I would absolutely love to try this out! Will definitely play it and honor your wishes of a nice review for the inXile boys. Steam would be my preferred platform.
Will send in a PM. To be clear, my request is for a nice review only if it’s true—just asking for the effort, not grade inflation. :)

Jinn

Arcane
Will send in a PM. To be clear, my request is for a nice review only if it’s true—just asking for the effort, not grade inflation. :)

Hey man, thank you so much for your generosity! I look forward to getting that PM.

Yeah, I won't be making anything up for the review, and will certainly be able to find some constructive criticism to throw their way. Just really happy to see a new dungeon crawler coming out to be honest, so I feel I am going to be able to find a great deal of fun in this one.

Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom