Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Hat in Time, an adventure platformer game worth checking out

Ivan

Arcane
will be buying this when I get home from work. treat me right boys

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Gave this a try and it's really cute and enjoyable. This is the first "platformer" that I've actually played since... damn, since like Mario Galaxy? Anyway, nice rec.

deuxhero

Arcane
Worth mentioning the game is on sale right now too. I only noticed this when trying to see if I could claim the DLC for free without having the game yet (was going to buy when it went on sale)

Ivan

Arcane
Gave this a try and it's really cute and enjoyable. This is the first "platformer" that I've actually played since... damn, since like Mario Galaxy? Anyway, nice rec.

What the fuck man. If that's the last one you've played you need to get on:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Rayman Origins
Rayman Legends

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The main game was brilliant but sadly this first piece of DLC is a bit of a disaster. Multiple patches in the first 24 hours to rollback design choices and bugs. Don't know why they originally decided to gate the main game levels behind the "contract" challenges. Not sure the first level in the new world was much good - the hunt felt a bit confusing because the level is a maze of different areas and it's not clear to the player how to move from one to the other. Probably would have been better as a later level once you know the layout of the world.

I've put it down for a bit to see if they decide to rework it some more. Majority of the reviews on Steam are negative at the moment.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so i tried the DLC, i think it was atrocious compared to the base game.

the deal part is just super difficulty that reuse levels and stuff.

while i appreciate the seal part whole new level and all, i dont think the level is well constructed for this type of game. first of the seal ship is kinda badly designed, the platforming are annoying, but i do appreciate the effort to make a tight, multiple entries level that connects and loop and such, but the execution is bad.

it kinda wants to try to build a thief level, and the design philosophy behind thief games but failed. the layout dont really flow well and navigating it feel repetitive and sloggy.

the second, is that fucking second mission. i get the point but the execution too was fucking poor. this mission made me rage quit.
1st: unreliable waypoints. those god damn arrows are dumb and the quest marking dont fucking make sense, i cannot for the sake of everything holy make sense out of it.

it would be better if they just tell use the direction isntead of forcing us to rely on those stickers and arrows. like a simple NPC interaction with dialogue "take this dish to the client in the restaurant" or "take this trash to the trashcan in the kitchen" instead of using the stupid GPS arrow because it isnt even fucking functional.

i dunno, the second mission give me literal headache i dont think i will ever continue the DLC. i LOVE the base game, this DLC just ugggh

fantadomat tried the DLC yet?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

while i appreciate the seal part whole new level and all, i dont think the level is well constructed for this type of game. first of the seal ship is kinda badly designed, the platforming are annoying, but i do appreciate the effort to make a tight, multiple entries level that connects and loop and such, but the execution is bad.

it kinda wants to try to build a thief level, and the design philosophy behind thief games but failed. the layout dont really flow well and navigating it feel repetitive and sloggy.

the second, is that fucking second mission. i get the point but the execution too was fucking poor. this mission made me rage quit.
1st: unreliable waypoints. those god damn arrows are dumb and the quest marking dont fucking make sense, i cannot for the sake of everything holy make sense out of it.

it would be better if they just tell use the direction isntead of forcing us to rely on those stickers and arrows. like a simple NPC interaction with dialogue "take this dish to the client in the restaurant" or "take this trash to the trashcan in the kitchen" instead of using the stupid GPS arrow because it isnt even fucking functional.

i dunno, the second mission give me literal headache i dont think i will ever continue the DLC. i LOVE the base game, this DLC just ugggh

I have it installed but it is bugged and doesn't start. Maybe i was on different patch or something. I don't really feel like bothering with reinstalling and shit,Vampire bloodlines is eating my time this days ;). Still will try it in the next few months. Also do you start it after you finish the base game or it is available in mid game?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I have it installed but it is bugged and doesn't start. Maybe i was on different patch or something. I don't really feel like bothering with reinstalling and shit,Vampire bloodlines is eating my time this days ;). Still will try it in the next few months. Also do you start it after you finish the base game or it is available in mid game?

the cruise ship is available at 35 time piece

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

the cruise ship is available at 35 time piece

I tried to play the DLC when it came out, but all of my saves were missing when I reinstalled the game, and I'm not replaying the whole thing this year.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A new DLC will be out on May 10:

Welcome to the deep underground Nyakuza Metro! It's the perfect place for a little lying, a little cheating... a little stealing. Join the Nyakuza and become mad rich - joining a gang never turned out bad, right?

Nyakuza Metro introduces an all-new chapter with 10 new Time Pieces, a new sticker system, new flairs, new dyes, a new weapon, a new purple Time Rift and more!
Online Party allows you to play online with your friends, in groups of up to 50 players!

NYAKUZA METRO + ONLINE PARTY IS 100% FREE FOR ALL KICKSTARTER BACKERS, CHECK YOUR BACKER EMAIL FOR A KEY ON THE RELEASE DATE
NYAKUZA METRO
  • 10 New Time Pieces!
  • Stickers! Stickers can be attached to your weapon, used with the Camera Badge, or as emotes!
  • A new weapon: The Baseball Bat!
  • A new Purple Time Rift: Rumbi Factory!
  • New flairs, including the Nyakuza Mask, Burger Cap, Artistic Vision, and more!
  • 2 new camera filters!
  • 3 new badges!
  • Over 20 new dyes, including Wireframe, Pizza Time and more!
ONLINE PARTY
  • Friends: Play in groups of up to 50 players by entering a group name!
  • Public: Play with 3 other strangers who can see you, but cannot affect you!
  • Use your new stickers to communicate as emotes!
  • Mess with eachother! You can hit, explode, shake and play catch with eachother, and more!
  • Clear Time Rifts together as your progress is combined!
(Note: Some game features are deliberately not synced in Online Party, to avoid griefing)

ss_a6f34f4c0a911d3bd5b36e7c4b03a523464720a1.600x338.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I typically only like 2D platformers but this looks tempting. Watched a gameplay video though and didn't like the level design I saw, some kind of movie lot with owls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom