Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

mondblut

Arcane
ss_4b8bdd80ddc321fefa0e9917ef5dbe3930d65d39.1920x1080.jpg

That green pot-belly thingy looks too cute for a saurian, no?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 Sep @ 10:29am

I updated this announcement to list the new regions present in V2. Very rich background story will answer many mysterious questions left hanging in the present version of Grimoire released in Aug 2017. There's even a new 5th ending where the party FAILS in their quest, it's the most AWESOME ending of them all! Very avant-garde!

UPDATE 14/09/2018 New Content Finalized

New content to complete the story of Hyperborea and finish Grimoire as described in original design document written in 1994!

New Regions :

Tattletale Circus !
Ratfink Hideaway !
Tomb of Doom !
Theosophy Lodge !
Farulosonoth Fissure !
Titan Mines !
Titan Underground Lake !
Mount Periwinkle !
Periwinkle Village !
Mass Gainers Spa !
Cataclysm !

Steam:
When are V2 and manual going to be released?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 Sep @ 3:13am

Steam:
I am kind of curious at what point in the game is the new content gonna be?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 14 Sep @ 4:58pm

It is scattered all through the old content and now portals to new regions appear in familiar places. Many forges, shrines, hearths and alchemy labs are now found in existing locations to permit players to upgrade their gear many different ways. Metalsmiths can forge weapons, armor and helmets to improve their qualities. At hearths, thieves and rangers can sharpen blades and the edges of weapons to make them better at penetrating armor and doing extra damage or apply poison to them to give them an effect when they penetrate. At shrines, clerics and templars can bless and enchant weapons so they can hit magical creatures and do extra damage against infernal and evil beings. The hearths also support recovering from spirit loss and the shrines can be rested at to heal up from disease and cursed conditions. Just in my playtesting I have discovered the entire game has been elevated considerably even above the current levels of incline to a whole new altitude because of these mechanics. I am just about done making Grimoire the game I envisioned originally and creating a worthy peer to Wizardry 7.

Incendax

Augur
But can that file be loaded into the current Grimoire game or does the data get truncated so only the party info and their inventory are saved?
In 2077 the second game will be released to create the World of Grimoire. With quests that span journeys across both games and a final ending scene that reveals each game was one half of the world. A “cloud” side and a “dark” side, so to speak.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
V2?

It's not coming out.

Let's see screenshots of the new "inventory" management screen (or 1 "new" area screen), instead of 5 more years of "NEW TITLE SCREENS. LOL LOL TROLL LO LO HERP DERP"

Zep-

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom