Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Also, the Nezha rework coming next week alongside the amazing deluxe skin seems equally amazing:

• Higher base health (225->375), lower base shields (225->150). This I feel is good since Health is IMO better and Nezha had a distinct lack of it.
  • Firewalker is now a long duration click instead of a toggle. This should make it actually useable since it just drained too much before to fully reach its potential. Casting animation can now be performed on the move.
  • Blazing Chakram now casts real fast, has more bounces and better homing. Also marks enemies hit to take increased damage and the teleport synergy with Firewalker no longer cancels Firewalker. Marked enemies also drop health orbs when killed and chance of energy orbs instead of a radial heal effect like before. It can also be cast in a direct line (forward-backwards motion) by holding the power button and deals extra damage cast this way.
  • Warding Halo now begins its invulnerability period instantly rather than after casting animation is done. Invulnerability damage absorbtion multiplier is higher and is affected by Power Strength now. Now only blocks 90% of incoming damage, but also on expiration causes an AoE heat proc on enemies. UI shows remaining damage absorbtion on the Halo rather than a percentage.
  • Divine Spears animations are faster, and doesn't slam automatically at the end of duration. Blazing Chakram hitting an impaled enemy spawns a turret chakram or something like that.

nobody cares for chinaframes. we need a weapons rebalance. or maybe at least a shitload of new mods. corrupt mods. 99% of my builds look the same.

Vaarna_Aarne

If rebalance were to achieve anything, we'd need LESS mods. Total elimination of all mods that simply increase damage or durability in any manner, and then work from there.

Vaarna_Aarne

is this game gud? what is it
Well, it all really depends on whether or not you find the core gameplay loop fun. Personally I do, though I suppose a part of it is that there's no other game where you can bisect enemies with a space samurai sword of your space Guyver.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I enjoy the piercing shots myself. Firing a shotgun into a hallway and watching 6 dudes fall down is very satisfying. Also, nailing corpses to walls. Frame abilities are fun too until they stop killing things, which is way, way too soon.

The bosses are shit though. Feels like fucking target practice the way they totally ignore your shots, which are hard capped on damage to let them go through their phases (with plenty of invincibility time.)

the fun in warframe comes from experimenting with weapons and skills. yes, there's lots of dull, boring, banal hitscan assault rifles and pistols, but there're also harpoon launchers, harpoons themselves, explosive throwing lances, flamethrowers, microwave casters, lightnings throwers, exploding sonic balls launchers, portable bazookas, chainsaws, electrified whips...
and freezing forcefields, gravity anomalies, bullets deflecting winds, soul punching bolts, flying glass shards, fire trails, ethereal planes, shockwaves and shoking waves...

there's lots to be tried, even if it's all only to kill the same baddies over and over.

eklektyk

Erudite
well i must admit that i have waaaaay too much fun nailing enemies to walls with prisma twin gremlins .... somewhat skill based shot as its projectiles require some attention but sooooo good :)

Gerrard

Arcane
Changed Health Conversion to only remove stacks on Health damage. Previously it removed stacks on any damage, which was counterproductive when the damage was on Shields as they are not affected by Armor.
Nice, that only took a few years.

Vaarna_Aarne

A blue potato vs Exilus Adapter invasion is up.

PS: The Nezha rework is great. Instantly jumped Nezha above Volt in my go-to mains selection right next to Wukong, Frost, and Nidus.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
the fun in warframe comes from experimenting with weapons and skills. yes, there's lots of dull, boring, banal hitscan assault rifles and pistols, but there're also harpoon launchers, harpoons themselves, explosive throwing lances, flamethrowers, microwave casters, lightnings throwers, exploding sonic balls launchers, portable bazookas, chainsaws, electrified whips...
and freezing forcefields, gravity anomalies, bullets deflecting winds, soul punching bolts, flying glass shards, fire trails, ethereal planes, shockwaves and shoking waves...

there's lots to be tried, even if it's all only to kill the same baddies over and over.

Opticor is master race. :obviously:
Nothing more fun than having your own portable Death Star laz0r.

images

:dance:

Vaarna_Aarne

Baro's back, this week he's selling a new mod: Primed Charged Shell (shotgun +Electricity mod). Other items of note are Prova Vandal, Supra Vandal, and for those so inclined the gold +Impact mods.

Gerrard

Arcane

It's finally time for some BIG GUNS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom