Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Nathir

Liturgist
I wasn't really excited about the game but this trailer got me hyped. The creepy dude walking on spiderwebs already looks cooler then 90% of shit on the market today.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Cool trailer, but this is the last footage I watch from the game until release. Don't want to get more bosses spoiled.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not saying I'm not intrigued but this is the first From game I haven't bought right after it appeared on Steam. Just gonna wait and see.

I remember Otogi and that it looked good, but I also remembered it ran like shit.

I don't think there's an analogue to the clashing swords mechanic in Sekiro, but a lot of the other elements remind me of Tenchu.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Presumably it means that Sekiro is going to genuinely died once already, now he's in some manner of state where he simply doesn't die. Presumably there's some sort of overarching set of conditions after which he can die a second time, or if his ability grows weak enough.

Cromwell

Arcane
I remember Otogi and that it looked good, but I also remembered it ran like shit.

I don't think there's an analogue to the clashing swords mechanic in Sekiro, but a lot of the other elements remind me of Tenchu.

the only shit element in tenchu was the god awful combat system, so if they fix that here they can put as much tenchu in it as they please.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I don't understand why shadows die twice. Why not 3 or more times? Or just once?

I could've swore that on one of the streams they said something like if you die, you can rez and if you kill an enemy first you're good. But if you die again before killing anything then you're actually dead (and go to the shrine, I guess).
So it's basically an overly grandiose half health marker and you get that last 50% of your health back when you make a kill? I'm actually pretty ok with that as a concept. Could be incredibly shit if implemented badly though, like if you're in a fight against 20 enemies and you can rez in between every single one of them and rezzing is a big long cutscene.

sullynathan

Arcane
Did you guys watch the gameplay? You have a circle next to your health bar that's filled up. When you die, you can revive when you want to as long as it's filled up.

After you use your revive, you have to kill enemies to fill up the circle again. Killing regular mooks fills it up slowly, killing stronger enemies fills up the circle more.

I don't remember if going to a shrine fills up your circle

Last edited:
From gameplay vid it looks like something I might actually like so bring it on. I didn't manage to warm up to Dark Souls III but maybe a more significant alteration of their style will do it for me.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm expecting a Fromsoft dude just talking for 40 minutes about everything that was already been said a million times, like resurrection mechanic, grappling hook and posture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom