Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What class are you going to pick in the upcoming Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

What class are you going to pick for your character in character creation?

• Total voters

kinzadza

Scholar
Undead sorcerer god king. I shall control mindless hordes of humanoid zombies to do my bidding and conquer the world. one move action at a time.

Curratum

As someone said above, barbarian or wizard, I may need to flip a coin. Voted barbarian anyway. Even if Amiri is not romanceable, I can dream of sweaty barbarian shagging.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What? Halforcs are one of the best races in PF. Sacred Tatoo + Fates Favoured is pure gold and weapon prof. with falchions is great if you dont start with martial weapon prof. Also darkvision. You clearly don't know what youa re talking about.

Cael

Arcane
What? Halforcs are one of the best races in PF. Sacred Tatoo + Fates Favoured is pure gold and weapon prof. with falchions is great if you dont start with martial weapon prof. Also darkvision. You clearly don't know what youa re talking about.
Weapon prof with falchion is great for a wizard... Are we even playing the same game, or has Paizo jumped the shark with their stupidity?

Grow up, boy. When everyone else gets a bonus and you don't, you are at a penalty.

Elf gets a bonus to Int.
Gnome and Halfling gets a bonus to Cha (for sorcerer).
Humans get a bonus feat and bonus skill points.
Half-orcs get... *drumroll, please* weapon familiarity... with orc weapons that wizards and sorcerers do not qualify for, and a couple of melee weapons so that they can stand their squishy d4 HD selves in combat. Yay!

I honestly don't know why am I even trying to figure out what the hell you are gibbering about. He's a magus, a gish with d8 HD and 6 levels of spells. He does not need sky high intelligence. Or any intelligence at all since he's a charisma based archetype as well. Picking a half-orc is not going to make or break this class, or any class in Pathfinder.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What has a wizard to do with how good half orcs are as a race? Obv. some races are better for some classes, but even then, half orcs are better then most other races for wizards because +2 on all saves is so incredibly good.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I'm boycotting this game until I can play a Grippli/Frogfolk Wizard.

(I remember a Webcomic having one, but I forgot what it was called. Anyone remember?)

More seriously though, in Pen and Paper I usually play Bards. But in games they are never fun. That's why I'm winging it which will end up in me playing the most boring character ever: a human Fighter.

Cael

Arcane
Grow up, boy. When everyone else gets a bonus and you don't, you are at a penalty.

Elf gets a bonus to Int.
Half-orcs get... *drumroll, please* weapon familiarity... with orc weapons that wizards and sorcerers do not qualify for, and a couple of melee weapons so that they can stand their squishy d4 HD selves in combat. Yay!

I honestly don't know why am I even trying to figure out what the hell you are gibbering about. He's a magus, a gish with d8 HD and 6 levels of spells. He does not need sky high intelligence. Or any intelligence at all since he's a charisma based archetype as well. Picking a half-orc is not going to make or break this class, or any class in Pathfinder.
You act as if people don't play half-orc wizards in 3.5. The point is not making or breaking a class, you vapid fool, so stop trying to move the goalpost.

Cael

Arcane

(I remember a Webcomic having one, but I forgot what it was called. Anyone remember?)

More seriously though, in Pen and Paper I usually play Bards. But in games there are never fun. That's why I'm winging it which will end up in me playing the most boring character ever: a human Fighter.
What makes a Bard not fun in PnP in your experience?

SophosTheWise

Cipher

More seriously though, in Pen and Paper I usually play Bards. But in games there are never fun. That's why I'm winging it which will end up in me playing the most boring character ever: a human Fighter.

Oh, I meant they are fun in PnP but not in videogames

Cael

Arcane

Oh, I meant they are fun in PnP but not in videogames
I had fun as a Bard in NWN, but it is a base for PrC rather than full Bard 20.

In Icewind Dale 2, I run a Bard in lieu of a Rogue for the sneaking and talky-talky. Of course, in that game, Bards have the broken Chromatic Orb spell, so they punch above their weight.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Druid for my first neutral playthrough. Then I might try a Bard later, finally a rules system where Bards don't suck. And evil bard that has a God complex and wants everyone to worship him accordingly.
And finally a Paladin for my goody goody playthrough.

You act as if people don't play half-orc wizards in 3.5. The point is not making or breaking a class, you vapid fool, so stop trying to move the goalpost.

I don't even know what your point is, so how can I move the goalpost? Every time I look at your post I find more wrong with it. It's d6, wizards in Pathfinder have d6 HD, not d4. And he isn't even a wizard! Is there some other not-really-an-orc not-really-a-wizard character you are so pissed about in this game? And who the hell is even talking about 3.5 here?

Cael

Arcane

I don't even know what your point is, so how can I move the goalpost? Every time I look at your post I find more wrong with it. It's d6, wizards in Pathfinder have d6 HD, not d4. And he isn't even a wizard! Is there some other not-really-an-orc not-really-a-wizard character you are so pissed about in this game? And who the hell is even talking about 3.5 here?
So, you admit you don't know what the adults were discussing and opened your mouth to spew your vomit anyway? Bravo, moron!

At least you can take comfort that you named yourself well.

[So, you admit you don't know what the adults were discussing and opened your mouth to spew your vomit anyway? Bravo, moron!

At least you can take comfort that you named yourself well.

Pathfinder Kingmaker. The clue to what we should be talking about is in the title of the thread. You come in here and say that you will not be playing it because of orc wizards. I try to politely figure out what the fuck are you on about, get more nonsense in return. So, tell me, what the fuck is your point if you are not even talking about Pathfinder at all? That you hate this game because someone, somewhere made an orc wizard in a different system? Do say, I would like to know how deep this idiocy goes.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Elf gets a bonus to Int.

Half-Orcs are amazing in Pathfinder. This isn't D&D. They gave them a flexible attribute bonus so you can use them for anything.

Sacred Tattoo + Fate's Favoured is a +2 bonus to ALL saves. That is feat equivalent power to taking three feats. Far stronger than any single bonus feat a human can take.

Cael

Arcane

Pathfinder Kingmaker. The clue to what we should be talking about is in the title of the thread. You come in here and say that you will not be playing it because of orc wizards. I try to politely figure out what the fuck are you on about, get more nonsense in return. So, tell me, what the fuck is your point if you are not even talking about Pathfinder at all? That you hate this game because someone, somewhere made an orc wizard in a different system? Do say, I would like to know how deep this idiocy goes.
No, fucktard. I hate the game because it is a dramafag game as evidenced by the emotard vomit that passes for "background" of the various NPCs, the most eregious of which is the half-orc "I am so aaaaangry! Feel my angst at 10000 paces!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom