Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Well Alice, how many more fucked up encounters like this?
Just like Scarecrow again, she'll move first, nukes hardcore and kills your character with 5 other minions shooting as well.

Arnust

Savant
So, I'll start a two-man coop run soon enough. Do you all have any do's and don'ts for it? (I've played up to the last act myself, I mean coop specific stuff) For now, my idea is for us to use Lone Wolf and forego the companions. Then, let the other guy do most of the talking and interacting with NPC's as he's coming in blind, with a mix and matxh of magic (I guess it'd be a good idea to have him be a summoner too so he supplies some extra manpower), while I'm more geared for coping with Physical armor as a rogue, trying to also double with some Warfare CC, doing most of the looting and stealing for us.

Jezal_k23

My way of doing that one was leading Alice to Jahan. I agree, you have to play dirty, several encounters demand it.

RK47

Patron
So, I'll start a two-man coop run soon enough. Do you all have any do's and don'ts for it? (I've played up to the last act myself, I mean coop specific stuff) For now, my idea is for us to use Lone Wolf and forego the companions. Then, let the other guy do most of the talking and interacting with NPC's as he's coming in blind, with a mix and matxh of magic (I guess it'd be a good idea to have him be a summoner too so he supplies some extra manpower), while I'm more geared for coping with Physical armor as a rogue, trying to also double with some Warfare CC, doing most of the looting and stealing for us.

One of you has to take Fane. His Source Power is just too good to pass up. The other can go for custom since the custom made char has nice source power too. The Scoundrel should get high WITS for high initiative. The other guy should be a good tank with high PA/MA rating and a shield. WITS for this guy is a dump stat, and without WITS his critical rate is going to be poor, definitely make him a mage with a wand (for the stat/skill boost) and shield (for the Armor bonus) since Mages do not need high criticals to deal good damage. Earth + Summoning is pretty strong. But any element is great - just use Necromancy as fall back in case you meet Elemental immune.

Arnust

Savant

One of you has to take Fane. His Source Power is just too good to pass up. The other can go for custom since the custom made char has nice source power too. The Scoundrel should get high WITS for high initiative. The other guy should be a good tank with high PA/MA rating and a shield. WITS for this guy is a dump stat, and without WITS his critical rate is going to be poor, definitely make him a mage with a wand (for the stat/skill boost) and shield (for the Armor bonus) since Mages do not need high criticals to deal good damage. Earth + Summoning is pretty strong. But any element is great - just use Necromancy as fall back in case you meet Elemental immune.
Yeah, I thought of picking Fane for myself while he can pick basically anything else. No origin/race seems particularly leaned towards magic so it's up to preference. Who do you mean should be the tank, though? I'd be pretty decent but the idea is for the summon to mostly fill that role. You could only have one summon at a time, or am I getting it wrong?

Jezal_k23

I read they added a new super hard encounter somewhere in a hard place to access, I think in act 2. Did anyone try that out?

RK47

Patron

Yeah, I thought of picking Fane for myself while he can pick basically anything else. No origin/race seems particularly leaned towards magic so it's up to preference. Who do you mean should be the tank, though? I'd be pretty decent but the idea is for the summon to mostly fill that role. You could only have one summon at a time, or am I getting it wrong?

Each summoner can have one summon. The tank should be the guy with the shield.

Jezal_k23

• Deathfog Zone (383 36)
    An optional fight was added here and is intended to be super hard. (In Vanilla nothing was here and it felt like a missed opportunity.) To start, jump on the cliff above that position using Phoenix Dive or Tactical Retreat. Then follow the mountain path to the Deathfog Zone.

So... I wonder how hard this is.

RK47

Patron
Eh dunno, I'm about done with Act 2, already unlocked my third bar, just staying around to clear content and claim EXP. Maybe I'll check it out once I'm there.
There was one frame rate killing battle I've had in classic mode that I somehow bypassed this time around. Instead of demanding the release of the NPC prisoner, I simply teleported the guy away and it works...the guard was stuck in a convo demanding I pay a fine or be attacked. :lol:

Sykar

Arcane
Summoning skill still summons half-dead totems & incarnates. THE Definitive Edition.

In other news, Lone Vulvas are still broken (how are they broken when they're lone? we'll never know), new Torturer is imba with Geomancer's worms, Five Star Diner seems to become powerhouse again as there's now some decent +20% regeneration food (which will become +40% regen, obv).

:what:

Jezal_k23

Larian thought there was nothing to be fixed apparently. Nope, Wits was perfect!

RK47

Patron
Can imagine playing 4 man party.
One would have like 20 (highest) to act first.
The other 3 would have 12 , 11 , 10 just to maintain a semblance of turn order. :lol:

Edit - oh man they still retained the stupid if CHAR_LVL < WEAPON_LEVEL then ACCURACY -20%
This is really retarded since people are supposed to be rewarded for taking on bosses beyond their level range, instead it punishes the player for taking risks.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Larian designers are a bunch of cheap nobodies that probably only played MMOs their entire life, only this can explain this level of incompetence.

RK47

Patron
Anyone wanna share how they use these source skills other than a super nuke opener?
I honestly cannot see other 'creative' way to use the magic ones since they're mostly nukes and moar nukes.
Compared to Fane's amazing Time Warp and Polymorph reset cooldown the elemental source skills are so lacking in creativity. There's this Closed Circuit that does upwards 600-700 close radius AoE and grants immunity to Air to caster. And there's this 1000 earth damage nuke... or the 25 meteors shower fire damage. Don't even get me started on Source Summons. Eugh. I'll stick with my 1 slot incarnate thanks.

Most of the time Lohse's the Geomancer Summoner starts with Adrenaline (+2 AP now, -2 AP next turn) blows all her Source power with the Earth nuke for 3 AP/ 3 SP, summon Earth Incarnate, Infusion is almost the optimal opener. You can get crazier if you picked the Elemental surface discount and have her start fight while standing on a puddle of oil for -1 AP on all Earth damage spells. Earthquake, Spike, etc for 1-2 AP is crazy good. However, there's one shit that always annoys me in game: Earth is considered magical damage.

Larian fucked up when they tied Earth damage to magic while adding knockdown/cripple (resisted by physical armor) to it. So why not make Earth damage physical? They're literally DIRT ffs.

SumDrunkGuy

Larian fucked up when they tied Earth damage to magic while adding knockdown/cripple (resisted by physical armor) to it. So why not make Earth damage physical? They're literally DIRT ffs.
As other folks have already said, Larian is totally unaware of how retarded their combat system is. Thanks to game critics handing out 9s and 10s like candy, Larian has been lead to believe that they've made the best RPG of the decade.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
As other folks have already said, Larian is totally unaware of how retarded their combat system is. Thanks to game critics handing out 9s and 10s like candy, Larian has been lead to believe that they've made the best RPG of the decade.
But... they did... :smug:

:dealwithit:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Well, what can you expect? It was 2017. Single players games, let alone crpgs, are dead, outside of the indie scene. Divinity OS 2 had great graphics, voice acting, etc, the cute cartoony presentation style and ui reminds most people of wow and other cheap mmorpgs, why not give it 11/10 and call it GOAT? It's not like a percentage higher than 5% of those who are going to get duped and buy it would actually finish it...

After 3 full decades of hard core gaming, i am done with gaming critics. They are charlatans, all of them. They get bribed a lot too. I probably have vastly more knowledge in gaming than the average 20 year old who pretends to be a game critic anyway :P

So yeah, let critics hand out 9s and 10s like candy, and let sequels fail to sell according to expectations, and let publishers, devs, and critics, wonder why. LOL. Mark my words, if a DOS3 is ever made, it will fail spectacularly, or at the very best just match dos2 sales numbers. At most. While probably having a larger budget. It happens with all overrated games eventually. It is how Bioware got into that mess too. Too many retarded critics handing them 10s for mediocre games, until it was too late and DAI and MEA were released...

We need to be more honest with gaming criticism. I don't expect these overpaid charlatans who review games to be honest, but us, the fanbase, need to stop overhype garbage just because we are STARVED for quality RPGs. If the kickstarter age showed us anything, is that pretending to be happy just so we can have more games released won't make any difference in the end. In the end, i'd rather replay BG for the 100th time than play POE through once...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Swen read the Codex review and disagreed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
- "The feces you shat out infront of my house smell bad!"

- "I disagree"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom