Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Life is Strange 2

Life is Strange 2 Details Revealed

Dear Life is Strange fans,

You’ve waited so long for it, and it’s finally here… today we reveal everything you need to know about Life is Strange 2. The first of 5 episodes will release September 27, 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam)!

First things first: the trailer - Watch it here!

tumblr_inline_pdrzy1lyvj1tugqca_1280.png

The main characters of Life is Strange 2 are brothers Sean (16) and Daniel Diaz (9), two brothers living a fairly normal life in Seattle, Washington state. Following a tragic event, their lives are forever changed. Now on the run from the police and threatened with both separation and incarceration, Sean decides to take his younger brother and seek a better life in their family’s home town of Puerto Lobos, Mexico.

Life on the road is tough and dangerous. The brothers will face all manner of challenges as they bravely undertake a journey that will test the bonds of brotherhood. Playing as Sean, you will need to make the kind of tough choices you can expect from a Life is Strange game, and you will need to live with the consequences of your actions. The game will this time focus on brotherhood alongside the need to guide and educate your younger brother whilst simultaneously coming of age yourself. As with previous games in the series, Life is Strange 2 will tackle a host of issues that all of us can identify with and that will cause moral dilemmas and require much soul searching. These themes come together most powerfully in the way Daniel will develop depending on the lessons you teach him and the role model you decide to be.

tumblr_inline_pdrys4UyRZ1tugqca_1280.png

We are also really excited to confirm that Life is Strange 2 will feature a new power. What it is and how it relates to the brothers is something you will discover in due course!

As Sean and Daniel travel towards Mexico, they will meet an entirely new cast of characters and pass through numerous new settings. Life is Strange 2 will also include multiple features that will be unveiled over the course of the next week, as we strive to deliver the most ambitious Life is Strange entry with the highest production values in the game series to date. Jonathan Morali, the French composer who worked with the team on the first game, is also composing a new original soundtrack for Life is Strange 2 which will be supported by a brand new licensed soundtrack.

tumblr_inline_pdryxiicPl1tugqca_1280.png

If all that information wasn’t enough, you can also look forward to gameplay from Life is Strange 2 being released in the coming days. Make sure to subscribe to us on Youtube to be notified as soon the gameplay is released! If you are attending Gamescom 2018, do drop by the Square Enix booth (Hall 9, Booth B31) to play the opening scene yourself.

If you previously played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, some of the finer details about the story and the brothers may now start falling into place. If you haven’t yet played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, you can download it entirely for free on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam).

Episode 1 of Life is Strange 2 will release September 27, 2018 and you can pre-order it here.

tumblr_inline_pdryymQbyg1tugqca_1280.png

This game represents as much of a journey to us as it does to our heroes Sean and Daniel, and we can’t wait to embark on it with you. Let’s get started!

The Life is Strange team

http://lifeisstrange-blog.tumblr.com/post/177210287415/life-is-strange-2-details-revealed

Zer0wing

Cipher
New cast and no badly written ('muh realism', yes girls in artsy schools do indeed talk cringe) teenage girls? FRANCE YES!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Naming an important child character Sean is just jinxing yourself.

(also if they really wanted to have a hype feature, they'd list "a final episode that isn't a slap in the face")

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The scene with the police officer is super retarded and far fetched (and I'm not talking about the magical aftermath). I hope they don't wanna make the game a commentary on police violence and "you have to go home".
Pretty disappointing so far.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Massive decline, how am I supposed to LARP as a cute teenage lesbian with these main characters? Goddammit.

Sibling story might actually carry some emotional weight, we'll see.

Falksi

Arcane
I loved LIS and got off on watching the relationship blossom between two closet lesbians, who - in my mind - eventually lapped each other senseless.

Not really into the whole "old man fucks young boy" thing, so I'm not sold on this one.

Last edited:

Bocian

Arcane
Watching the gameplay, I'm two minutes in.
"Don't be late, losers" said in completely unnatural voice.
"Dude, could you have any less game?"
"You thirsty bitch!"
I'm laughing my ass off, this is beyond any levels of cringe I anticipated.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Similar feelings to what others have said. I really enjoyed the first game because of Max, and her relationship with Chloe, whereas these two new character don't stir much interest in me. They also seem to be going far overboard with the social commentary angle; despite the fact that some people jumped on the first game for being "SJW" it really had little to no political or social themes in it, and just felt like a very personal story--with a general atmosphere heavily inspired by Twin Peaks. I really don't give a fuck what a bunch of French guys living in Paris have to say about police violence and immigration in the USA.

Bocian

Arcane
Also, Telltale-style choice and consequence in action. You start a fight with the guy, shit starts to happen. You decide to scold the brother, a fight gets started anyway without the player's choice, and same shit starts to happen. I don't even comment about the policeman's actions because everyone can see what it is, and it's been said enough.

Mortmal

Arcane
Massive decline, how am I supposed to LARP as a cute teenage lesbian with these main characters? Goddammit.

Sibling story might actually carry some emotional weight, we'll see.
Yeah quite a shame, although we have plenty of that in the prologue,hope its little more interactive too.Also i foresee a huge problem too, if its done by french guys the view of USA immigration policy risk to be completely biased and disconnected from reality, if not cringe worthy.Might be full of angelism and police of thought propaganda.
Also i did not bought Dontnod cause despite an excellent IPO, its extremely risky, only one game that can make or break them.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The first game wasn't preachy or overly SJWish, even though it had plenty of opportunity to be, so I hope they keep it that way. Won't preorder though and will wait for the complete edition.

Mortmal

Arcane
No it wasnt and certainly hope second one wont either. You seen what killed tell tales, first season had good cast of characters lee and clementine , then they went downhill not offering what the public was expecting , expanding clementine story. Now they are near bankruptcy and doing exactly what we expected but maybe too late. Finale season is centered around clem.
I fear dontnod do the exact same mistakes, what we really want is more about chloé and max, maybe the two brother story will be great but thats taking an uneeded risk.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I enjoyed that faggot YMS's playthrough of Life is Shit. But we don't need a sequel. Also, the old men who make these games about teenage girls are probably pedos. Dayvid Kayge was lusting after Ellen Payge since before she was legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortmal

Arcane
I just pre-ordered :oops: The first LiS was really a guilty pleasure of mine. I hope they do not tone down the supernatural weird stuff like in BtS.
I paid even more tax this year surely you can afford a few preorders now and even get yourself a new rig with it....

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just pre-ordered :oops: The first LiS was really a guilty pleasure of mine. I hope they do not tone down the supernatural weird stuff like in BtS.
I paid even more tax this year surely you can afford a few preorders now and even get yourself a new rig with it....

I'm buying my third ferrari this year. Surely you can understand I'm being cautious on where I spend my money.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Part of the appeal of LiS was the inherent escapism of basically living inside a young adult coming off age novel. Particularly the setting of going to a Hogwarts style boarding school in a Twin Peaksean town. And the mundane but realistic stuff like getting text messages, meeting bullies, meeting your friends for coffee, dealing with love and family issues. The magic realism added into the mix was just added little extra. Its this realistic and cute little microcosm that you inhibit and which made this game much more immersive to me than any zombie crap or whatever. Not sure the sequel will manage to hit those exact spots again for me. I haven't played the prequel yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom