Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Great Renaming, poll #2 [POLL CLOSED, GAME RENAMED]

Which name do you prefer?

• Pilgrims of the Void

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • Colony Ship - a Post-Earth role-playing game

Votes: 94 44.3%
  • Across the Void

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • No Home But the Stars

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Born Beneath No Sun

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe something like:

Children of the Void: A Colony Ship RPG
or
Generations in Exodus: A Colony Ship RPG

These draw in the colony ship, the journey/space, and some of the elements of the other titles.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Its not just a colony ship, you wont be seeing or making any colonies, or playing anything in or about a colony on any new world. If the title contains anything about the ship - it should be a generation ship in some combination or other.
The "colony" part refers the origins and purpose of the ship, not the gameplay. The same could be said about "generation" in a hypothetical title. IMO, it's easier to grap that we are talking about a group of people who originally boarded a ship with the intention to settle in a different place than it's the notion that we have different generations of such group. I think we are stuck in the "ship" bit of "Colony Ship". Why not "Space Colony", "Colony Vessel" or "Spacecraft: a Colony Ship RPG"?

I dont know how stupid you must be to try and spin my answer into that idiocy, including trying to separate term generation from "ship", but im guessing its an extreme case.

Its not a fucking colony ship - its a specific generations colony ship, which directly causes and creates the specific setting of the game and core of the lore, story and gameplay, you ludicrous raging imbecile.

Shut the fuck up and stick it in your colon.

Deleted Member 22431

I dont know how stupid you must be to try and spin my answer into that idiocy.
What's is this? Oh, is Hiver still behaving like an insufferable and unpolite teenager beause he has low self-esteem and needs to vomit insults at strangers on the internet to feel good about himself. I don't have patience for this. I'm putting you on my ignore list.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, thats just you being so stupid and moronic that in lack of any actual argument for your preferred idea about the title you go on to moronically twist what i said, fail at understanding some very basic things and then cry like a retarded bitch for being called out on it.

Anyway, before i get called a villain abusing poor victims again, it seems to me that maybe the title should be something out of the lore and the story of the game, without any subtitle pointing out its a generation colony ship.
That can be left to the narrative and gameplay, same as Heinleins and other authors of such novels didnt specifically point out what its about in their titles.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What ever name gets chosen, I’m not going to latch on it, it’s just a name. But before that... all those pilgrims and voids and born here and there do sound pretentious and kind of overselling the product with a forcibly decorative and - in a way - pompous title.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Thats just another idiotic proclamation you just vomit out to make yourself feel better about something, that you also cannot actually support by anything, apparently being too fucking stupid to even understand what the issue was.
But go ahead and repeat what the imbecile said and try to show me how the ship in question is actually a colony ship...

or maybe you arent capable of even that.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
"Pilgrims of the Void" is a good title. It's evocative without sounding excessively pretentious the way "Born Beneath No Sun" does.

But it looks like "Colony Ship - a Post-Earth role-playing game" will be the winner. The perfect combination of the Codex's autism with the bland title, and their worship of sacred cows with the Fallout reference.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
It's 2 years away anyway just forget about the whole thing until the demo is ready

Bohr

Arcane
I like some of the "Ark"/"The Last Ark" suggestions, but perhaps one could throw in a nod towards the breakdown of the established order, a hint of action and adventure

TgpD0QGn_o.jpg

Binky

Cipher
So... any news? Has Iron Tower whittled down the names to two finalists? Passionate internal debates still raging?

PS. Since people evidently like naming stuff: next time charge one buck per name suggested. Full-scale RPG funded in a jiffy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom